You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, stringvest said:

you've got a massive blind spot there.  That's ok though. 

Hahha, come on mate, you're one to talk. 

I rate Jota, I just want the team selection to make sense and have it suit his qualities. He's a striker, a forward. I don't want to see him play deeper. I want creative players behind him so he can run onto passes.

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

one thing ive found funny with this team.

when we get breaks, be it a small winter break, having an extra week due to being out of a cup competition, 

we come back like the players have been on the piss, 

I love the manager as much as thr next man, but i dont care what he says, our team play better when they dont have time off. 

Bit of truth in this. Completely disjointed and lethargic against a jaded Leicester side. We seem to thrive on momentum. Most of tonight’s team didn’t play in nine days. 

No urgency. We walked onto that pitch with an attitude of having already won. We failed to score for the first time in 29 games. Must say, I was surprised to see Fab go off, and Origi for Mane would have been a good plan B move - maybe Div is still not ready.

This time last season we were right up there as well, and we just fell apart. I don’t expect us to fall apart this season, but there needs to be some soul searching. Some players, like Sadio Mane, need to take a good look at themselves and decide if they really want to pull on the red shirt. Why did I see a defender, Joel Matip, attacking the Leicester defence up the middle, time and time again, with twice the pace of any attacking player? Matip had a great game, silly yellow aside. We lacked focus overall though. We didn’t deserve to win, but we didn’t deserve to lose - however, shots on target that don’t get saved do decide games.

The Title isn’t won or lost by a long shot - we’ve already seen Chelsea screw up and lose a lead. We have to hope the dicks at the Etihad do the same.

Pull yer fucking socks up lads - you’re not owed a championship, you have to earn it.

2 minutes ago, Papa Noël said:

Fucking hell, it's only 6pts and there's still half the season to go. We've lost 2 games, as have City. If City draw 3 games and we win them, we're level with a -4 GD. 

Still very much within our hands. 

City are relentless front runners, you need to get ahead of them to break them. They'll drop fuck all points from here on in. 

Makes last season all the more galling. 

I T

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

We're not shit, not by a long shot. We are actually pretty fucking boss. 

To get to the next level we have to get better against packed defences. I know how I would play against us, don't you. Pack the defence and diagonal out balls. 

Klopp needs to figure it out and I don't envy him because its the hardest thing in football. Creating changes against two solid lines and about 10 people in front of their goal is HARD. 

Its just our biggest weakness and the biggest weakness of Klopps system. 

We can tear teams apart who offer us space but when we have little space things aren't so good. At best we move the ball around quite quickly hoping something will open up. At worst we  slowly work the ball into wide areas and there's not much to do from there other than aim at our 1 or 2 short players in the box against their 5. 

We need to force the goals in these situations and I don't know what the answer is. Getting more men in the box? Getting the bye-line and hard-hit cutbacks? Having someone better in the air in the box for knock-downs and arial threat? Trying to play straight through them old-school Arsenal style (not easy)? Some combination. 

We score plenty of goals but against 2 lines that know what they are doing it can sometimes be hard for us especially if the forward line is underperforming (boy was it today). 

Mfielders who can shoot and maybe get into the box perhaps? Ox and Fab never got inside of 20 yards. Fab I understand but Ox, and then Keita later on, both performed badly again

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

City are relentless front runners, you need to get ahead of them to break them. They'll drop fuck all points from here on in. 

Makes last season all the more galling. 

Their best is 18 games won. They've won 4 on the bounce so far. What you're suggesting is they'd go on a 23 winning run. 

Won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Oh aye i know!

Joking aside it sucks all the joy out of watching footy...game after game it is just the unbearable tenison of 'shit we can't lose here' and it grinds you down.

For me, it was quite galling / astonishing to think that our great 70s/80s teams (and, if I’m being fair, Ferguson’s Man Utd) would have been lucky to win 2-3 titles during those spells if a dark corruption like City had been active decades ago. 

There’s no fun in it. I’d go as far as to say that as long as top four is safe, the league should only be a priority competition until City get properly ahead (I’d say that means once you need to make up two wins to get ahead - with the inevitable goal difference advantage, that means five points) it’s entirely futile - no one has come from behind to beat them. CL and domestic cups have to take priority from that point.

7 minutes ago, Papa Noël said:

Fucking hell, it's only 6pts and there's still half the season to go. We've lost 2 games, as have City. If City draw 3 games and we win them, we're level with a -4 GD. 

Still very much within our hands. 

Yeah, it's the other 16 games that might be the problem.

Hard to find positives but here is two. 

1) Tsimikas is really building a name for himself as a solid option and continued that tonight with one of the few good performances. Lots of good work from him and we never looked as vulnerable down his side. 

2) The fact that we didn't come back and win means that nobody will waltz into the forum and go "you people round here are a bunch of bad quims, honestly the state of you people round here etc". 

Granted I'd much rather we did come back and win but I'll take that as a microscopic consolation. 

Apart from that my positivity pockets are empty. 

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Bit of truth in this. Completely disjointed and lethargic against a jaded Leicester side. We seem to thrive on momentum. Most of tonight’s team didn’t play in nine days. 

If VVD and others had Covid, you don’t get over it in 9 days. He looked a pale imitation of a fit VVD.

Just now, J-V said:

Firmino's last Season should have been two years ago.

This is true.  He has been consistently poor, giving possession away over the last couple of years.  He's often broken up more Liverpool attacks than the opposition.  We all remember him when he was good, we can't hang on to players hoping they can reclaim their glory years when it's clearly gone, and not coming back.

7 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Sorry, but that's bollocks.  He had a good game, and worked harder in midfield than the combined 'efforts' of Ox and Henderson.  He comes deep and he's miles better than Firmino in every aspect of the game. 

Who set the chance up for Mane?  From a deep role in midfield?

I have to agree with Stringers here,Jota worker his bollocks off,as did Mane. The midfield let us down big time and pending suspension or not there is no way Fabinho should have been hooked. As others have said,the biggest disappointment is that Leicester were shite.

Poor performance. In fact it was a fucking awful performance against a rag tag outfit coached by a fucking rag tag manager. Writing the league off in December seems to come very easily to some of the gobshites on this site but there is a way to go and lots of games to play. City aren't infallible; they're in a strong position, but so were we last Christmas and look what happened. Anyway, for anyone feeling suicidal after tonight's result I suggest that you follow your heart. For the others, keep hope alive.

• Downvote 5