You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (A) - Tue 28th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

I don't wish to read anyone's post on here really. 

Lots of hurt ego's.

The cold maths here is that we were given a phantom booking, and then missed a penalty and a rebound, and then let a scrote score at the near post. 

We live in this world we created for ourselves. 

I think Alisson is overrated, his first season was great but since then he's been culpable of far too many soft errors, despite some tremendous saves. I don't see the same basic errors from Ederson or Oblak, or Mendy. That's my truth, I hope you take it well. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't wish to read anyone's post on here really. 

Lots of hurt ego's.

The cold maths here is that we were given a phantom booking, and then missed a penalty and a rebound, and then let a scrote score at the near post. 

We live in this world we created for ourselves. 

I think Alisson is overrated, his first season was great but since then he's been culpable of far too many soft errors, despite some tremendous saves. I don't see the same basic errors from Ederson or Oblak, or Mendy. That's my truth, I hope you take it well. 

Then you’re not watching City or Chelsea games.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We were 7 points ahead this time last year and still managed to finish 17 adrift. It'll be an achievement if we're only 15 behind in May.

I thought this sounded like shit.

"This time last year" is (as you know) irrelevant. How about checking how many points "ahead" we were at this stage last season?

Screenshot_2021-12-28-23-57-14-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

We need a proper centre forward. I've had it with these players missing chances which an under 15's striker would eat up in their sleep. Yes I might be overreacting since we've scored lots of goals this season but the amount of chances we waste is criminal. We need someone to take the place of Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc. A genuine centre forward that is ruthless in front of goal. Haaland would be perfect, if a little unrealistic.

48 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Cut and pasted like a Pro.

Apostrophes!

They reckon people who solely comment about the use of apostrophes in text or internet threads while missing the point of the text or posts, are complete and utter geeks with nothing else worthy to contribute.

I wouldnt say that mind, just that if you want grammatical excellence all the time on the internet then, you better pull everyone for it else you make yourself look an uber cunt.

By the way, 'Pro' shouldnt begin with a capital in your quote. I wouldnt normally bother but seeing as you want to be a pedant as well thought I should point it out.

Oh and happy New Year.

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We need a proper centre forward. I've had it with these players missing chances which an under 15's striker would eat up in their sleep. Yes I might be overreacting since we've scored lots of goals this season but the amount of chances we waste is criminal. We need someone to take the place of Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc. A genuine centre forward that is ruthless in front of goal. Haaland would be perfect, if a little unrealistic.

I disagree. We’ve played the same system now for a number of years, and overall it’s worked extremely well.

The Abu Dhabi cheats also play without a traditional CF these days and seem to be doing all right.

6 minutes ago, Baltar said:

We need someone to take the pace of Fowler,Owen Torres & Suarez. Where the fuck we gonna find a player that can score the amount of goals they did eh?

Robbie Fowler (128 league goals in 266 games for the Reds) is the current record holder, followed by Steven Gerrard (120 goals, 504 games), Michael Owen (118 goals, 216 games) and Salah (110 goals, 162 games).16 Dec 2021

5 minutes ago, A_S said:

Even not at their best, enough good chances were created to win it. Poor finishing makes EVERYTHING else look worse.

Yep. This all day and all night. Seen plenty of these games where we've had plenty of chances to score, missed every single one of them, the oppos break away and score a solitary winner.

Shit happens in football. We fell in a bucket full of the stuff tonight and didnt come out smelling of roses.

• Upvote 1

We really need some stability and consistency in our midfield its been a fucking revolving door all season - players in and out almost game by game. It hurts our cohesion/fluidity, it often leads to an imbalance and it just isn't helping us.

Players just start to get some rhythym and start to settle/build understandings and then wallop they are out or suddenly playing with someone else...they come back and are off pace like Fabinho tonight, then are often out again or again lining up with more changes as someone else is out again...

These are the 3's we have fielded in our 19 league games so far - it has been ridiculously unsettled.

Keita, Milner, Oxlade

Elliott, Henderson, Keita (so 2 changes)

Elliott, Fabinho, Henderson (1 change)

Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott (1 change)

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago (1 change)

Jones, Fabinho, Henderson (1 change)

Jones, Fabinho, Henderson (First unchanged midfield of season)

Keita, Henderson, Milner (2 changes, first game after we put out an unchanged midfield for first time all season and we have 2 changes)

Keita, Henderson, Milner

Keita, Henderson, Jones (1 change)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Henderson (2 changes)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Thiago (1 change)

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago (3 games unchanged - longest of season)

Oxlade, Henderson, Thiago (1 change)

Milner, Morton, Keita (3 changes)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Henderson (3 changes)

So in 19 games we have only managed to get an unchanged midfield out 5 times and longest we have gone without a change is 3 games.

For me that level of change has hurt us, just no fluidity/cohesion/rhythm.

Some of it has been down to rank bad luck - stupid international shite and covid of course....but for my money you just can't have that level of constant change in the midfield and it not hurt you....especially when it means so much game time for likes of Oxlade...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I disagree. We’ve played the same system now for a number of years, and overall it’s worked extremely well.

The Abu Dhabi cheats also play without a traditional CF these days and seem to be doing all right.

City will win the league with ease with a mix of Foden, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva and Sterling playing false 9. Their only centre forward, they play him mostly on the right wing. Beyond that after all we've done with our setup, we'll still get people saying we need a proper centre forward. We could sign one one of these days, but we defo don't need one.

• Upvote 1

It is so fucking annoying. This team would’ve held its own against the Manc and Arsenal teams in the 90s. The Chelsea team in the 00’s.
We are a very good team. They mentioned in commentary we had lost once in 36 matches or something before tonight. Sadly we are up against that shower of cunts putting up unprecedented points totals. We can’t even be too hard or critical of Jurgen or these players.
It’s just shit fucking luck that we have a once in a generation manager and it’s likely he won’t win the silverware he deserves during his tenure because of those cheating cunts. I’m not throwing the towel in yet but anything less than a win at Chelsea and that’s it I think.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

We really need some stability and consistency in our midfield its been a fucking revolving door all season - players in and out almost game by game. It hurts our cohesion/fluidity, it often leads to an imbalance and it just isn't helping us.

Players just start to get some rhythym and start to settle/build understandings and then wallop they are out or suddenly playing with someone else...they come back and are off pace like Fabinho tonight, then are often out again or again lining up with more changes as someone else is out again...

These are the 3's we have fielded in our 19 league games so far - it has been ridiculously unsettled.

Keita, Milner, Oxlade

Elliott, Henderson, Keita (so 2 changes)

Elliott, Fabinho, Henderson (1 change)

Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott (1 change)

Jones, Fabinho, Henderson (1 change)

Jones, Fabinho, Henderson (First unchanged midfield of season)

Keita, Henderson, Milner (2 changes, first game after we put out an unchanged midfield for first time all season and we have 2 changes)

Keita, Henderson, Milner

Keita, Henderson, Jones (1 change)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Henderson (2 changes)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Thiago (1 change)

Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago (3 games unchanged - longest of season)

Oxlade, Henderson, Thiago (1 change)

Milner, Morton, Keita (3 changes)

Oxlade, Fabinho, Henderson (3 changes)

So in 19 games we have only managed to get an unchanged midfield out 5 times and longest we have gone without a change is 3 games.

For me that level of change has hurt us, just no fluidity/cohesion/rhythm.

Some of it has been down to rank bad luck - stupid international shite and covid of course....but for my money you just can't have that level of constant change in the midfield and it not hurt you....especially when it means so much game time for likes of Oxlade...

Do you even know how to use Excel??

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Well that was a load of rancid hippo penis wasn't it. Let's be honest, we failed as a team. Let's not be singling out which cunt did what and which cunt didn't do the other. We were not fucking good enough. The league isn't lost but our lot need a fucking word with themselves. 

In more positive news, I'm halfway through a bottle of Sailor Jerry's. On the rocks with a squeeze of fresh lime. Tomorrow brings forth a hangover but I have no shits to give. 

G'night 

Repped for the Sailor Jerry’s.