You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds game off

Barrington Womble

And now robbo will be suspended for chelsea. Only plus side is we should go to Leicester fresh. 

They play at city on the 26th so that won't help them. 

Key is when will this be rearranged. 

Is there any free time in January now we are in the semi final. 

No doubt Leeds will have a load of players back. 

3 minutes ago, Freddo said:

And now robbo will be suspended for chelsea. Only plus side is we should go to Leicester fresh. 

They play at city on the 26th so that won't help them. 

Key is when will this be rearranged. 

Is there any free time in January now we are in the semi final. 

No doubt Leeds will have a load of players back. 

Can see the Winter break at the end of January being cancelled for some clubs to play their rearranged games, with Europe starting mid feb, the opportunity to squeeze several games into the existing calendar may prove difficult.

Starting to stink, this. Leicester's team last night didn't look half bad for a side that apparently was wrestling with a Covid outbreak the week before. Same with Tottenham's. The league fucking stinks with self-interest so why on earth are we just taking it as read that they're "unable to meet fixture obligations?"

Anyway, longer break before Leicester again, even at the cost of Robbo v Chelsea. Fuck knows what I'll do on Boxing Day mind.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Manny said:

Starting to stink, this. Leicester's team last night didn't look half bad for a side that apparently was wrestling with a Covid outbreak the week before. Same with Tottenham's. The league fucking stinks with self-interest so why on earth are we just taking it as read that they're "unable to meet fixture obligations?"

Anyway, longer break before Leicester again, even at the cost of Robbo v Chelsea. Fuck knows what I'll do on Boxing Day mind.

I expect I’ll be catching up on some rubbish tv!

Just now, Rushies tash said:

If more players have tested positive between last week and now, it begs the question as to what the fuck they are doing at Leeds? Surely they should have increased precautions? Not that I'm that arsed, as the extra day or two break suits us, but something about this stinks.

I wonder how many of them are vaccinated? They’ve just said on Sky Leeds training ground has been closed.

10 minutes ago, suzy said:

I wonder how many of them are vaccinated? They’ve just said on Sky Leeds training ground has been closed.

This might be the real issue.

If their vax numbers are low then that means with one positive player the rest need to miss the games due to forced isolation rather than testing positive themselves. 

If that's the case then the should forfeit the game, their own choices have led to this not some pot luck unfortunate event. 

4 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

In fairness to Leeds, their bench has looked like the cast of high school musical in recent weeks. 

Yes but most of that has just been ‘ordinary’ injuries. Unlucky perhaps, but sometimes that’s just the way it goes.

They had one absentee only as a result of Covid at their last match on Saturday evening. Of course it’s possible others have come down with it since then but it’s mighty convenient given the players they would have had missing anyway.