You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) - CC QF, Wed 22nd Dec 2021 (7:45pm)

Trumo

Buzzing.

To all the 'i don't give a toss about league cup' mob - tell that to my 12 year old who was crestfallen at half time and absolutely buzzing at end, who literally yapped excitedly every step of the 30 or so min walk back from ground and has only just really stopped!

Thought we were excellent 2nd half and Kop played its part....ultimately when all is said and done winning football matches and trophies is 1. What this football club exists for and 2. Is all that really matters...

Yeah the league cup is the 'lowest priority' of the 4 we can win, but winning things is actually something that you don't get that many chances to do really and it does not happen all that often - every trophy matters to me personally and it felt like it mattered in that ground tonight and it really mattered to my lad.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 32

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Buzzing.

To all the 'i don't give a toss about league cup' mob - tell that to my 12 year old who was crestfallen at half time and absolutely buzzing at end, who literally yapped excitedly every step of the 30 or so min walk back from ground and has only just really stopped!

Thought we were excellent 2nd half and Kop played its part....ultimately when all is said and done winning football matches and trophies is 1. What this football club exists for and 2. Is all that really matters...

Yeah the league cup is the lowest 'priority' of the 4 we can win, but winning things is actually something that you don't get that many chances to do really and it does not happen all that often - every trophy matters to me personally and ot felt like it mattered in that ground tonight and it really mattered to my lad.

Out of rep. Can someone do the honours please?

I hated the way Manchester United often found a late winner under Ferguson. We do it so routinely now that we probably take it for granted. It must surely be at the back of opponents’ minds when we get into stoppage time. Remarkable stuff. No Mo or Sadio on the pitch tonight either. 

59 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

What is the tory chant about? Leicester is one of the few parts of the midlands that still votes Labour. 

For me its more of a it is down to the tories that many people go hungry/use foodbanks etc....including probably loads in their own city....

I like it - it is defiant,  it stands up against all hardship (not just the hardship they want to mock) and it makes them look like the bad beauts they are.

Their end were vile, singing feed the scousers and the worst thing they went ahead. I've been at Anfield a million times and enjoyed shutting the away end up but it's normally earlier. Winning that was fucking superb. Absolute cunt of a club from a city nobody gives a shit about. I truly hope a load of them got a hiding afterwards. Tory cunts. 

Have a shit trip home wondering why you aren't ever going to see the things we do you weird twats 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Gomez has missed a huge amount of his young career so far through injury. Needs to play a lot of games to - hopefully - get back to where he was. Maybe if we didn't have all the Covid shite we could look at a short-term loan deal for him. Thankfully he'll have two more outings against Arsenal in a few weeks and also the FA Cup game. 

Hopefully Big Nat will be back by then. I'd rather see him play than give Gomez some work experience.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

Buzzing.

Yeah the league cup is the 'lowest priority' of the 4 we can win, but winning things is actually something that you don't get that many chances to do really and it does not happen all that often - every trophy matters to me personally and it felt like it mattered in that ground tonight and it really mattered to my lad.

Could say the same for a 13 year old down here 

• Upvote 3

@Honestly delighted for your 12yo having that experience tonight, @an tha. The dejection at half time will only make the end result all the sweeter, but before getting to the end reward, being part of a ground that buzzed and roared for 90+ minutes will be something he'll remember for a long time. There was everything there; the disappointment of going 2 down quickly; the hope of revival when Ox scored to get us back in it; dejection once again when we conceded a 3rd.

The hope, the jeopardy, the will not to give in with yet another injury time goal, the excitement and triumphant finish of the penalty shootout. Your lad, and others, have seen more tonight to excite and sustain them than a whole generation of Bloos, who've no idea of what it's like to experience that and live for more hope in the near future. As you rightly say, it's the lowest priority of the 4 we can win, but even with a team full of 2nd stringers, tonight's performance has captured hearts and minds of kids who barely realise that their Bloo classmates will never ever have nights like that. 

His 'My Christmas' essay when he returns to school is already 3/4 written.

• Upvote 7

Missed the match due to work, got home to discover that my streaming service not only carried the match, but gave me a chance to watch a complete replay.

As disillusioning as the corruption on the week-end was, it's just not possible to watch Klopp's LFC without a real sense of, for want of a better word (and as corny as it sounds), joy.

Even the second(ish) string play the game the way it's supposed to be played: at full throttle, with skill and enthusiasm and drive.

Can't imagine what it must be like to be there live.

• Upvote 3

Rodgers keeps getting his self addressed envelopes mixed up.  Fuck Leicester fans too. All that could be sung was fuck the tories because Leicester is such a non entity of a club and place there's nothing to hang your hat on. No characteristics, no culture, nothing to offer other than you exist and youre jam packed full of cunts.