You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) – Sun 19th Dec 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

31 minutes ago, NoelM said:

Nice article, though he fails to mention that City lost at Spurs earlier this season. 

"They’d have been more likely to control possession before perhaps coming away with a 1-0 win."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoelM said:

He's right to a point, as in any City success is soulless. In my experience though, most other clubs despise us and would rather City win the league so they can "laugh at the scousers".

Incidentally, that's a nice picture of Robbo getting a boot to the face from the already booked Emerson-Royal...

• Upvote 4

Peter Walton, in the manner of a Chinese official reassuring the public about the liberty of Peng Shuai, has been allowed to trumpet his latest missive of misinformation on Kane's tackle: 'The Liverpool man’s raised leg limited the force of the tackle and convinced Tierney that there was no serious foul play'. 

Why do these twats get away with it? Where are all the outraged hacks, pointing out what a whitewash it is?

Walton's done this several times now. He knows full well there is NO distinction between judging a dangerous tackle on whether it risks potential injury and causes actual injury. None at all. You don't watch and think, 'If Robertson's foot becomes detached from his shin, I'll have some serious thinking to do here, otherwise...' It's not 1970 and the era of Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith, for chrissake!

And yet Walton and Co are allowed to keep popping up and deliberately explaining away the kind of error that ought to result in a suspension. Players or managers make minor mistakes and we get a week of angry articles and often fines or worse. Refs make masses of errors, change the fortunes of players and clubs and just walk away with a knowing grin on their faces. And no one - Sky, BT Sport, none of the media - even threaten to take it seriously.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NoelM said:

Good article that. Couldn't imagine too many British journalists writing about us being the people's champions though.

He has us down to a tee this season though. The way we are playing we could demolish Chelsea and City away and then throw away points to dross that costs us the league. City will drop points but far less likely to do so at Brentford etc than we are.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NoelM said:

When city dominate the PL title like Bayern do in Germany, fat cunt samuel will slobberingly ask why there are no challengers to city. Or, maybe he'll champion the ill gotten gains of newcastle as city's rival's having 'bought' their seat at the top table?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

When city dominate the PL title like Bayern do in Germany, fat cunt samuel will slobberingly ask why there are no challengers to city. Or, maybe he'll champion the ill gotten gains of newcastle as city's rival's having 'bought' their seat at the top table?

Newcastle will be treated like white knights in the exact same way as City. You know it.

13 hours ago, Chris said:

Been absolutely seething about this game all cunting day. Can’t believe Klopp conceded Andy’s red was merited. Was. It. Fuck. 

It was reckless and if that was Digne against Salah I reckon you might want a red card pal. It’s not the worse red card challenge there’s ever been, and in the context of the Kane challenge earlier in the same game not getting a red, then this one shouldn’t either, but truth be told both were red card challenges. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Good article that. Couldn't imagine too many British journalists writing about us being the people's champions though.

He has us down to a tee this season though. The way we are playing we could demolish Chelsea and City away and then throw away points to dross that costs us the league. City will drop points but far less likely to do so at Brentford etc than we are.

I find City and Chelsea incredibly dull to watch and when I watch other PL games the quality is poor. I think we need to remind ourselves sometimes how lucky we are to watch this team and to have Klopp.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

That fucking dirty slack jawed mong Sir Harold Ingerlund Lionheart Kane.....i hope someone does him big style, the fucking dirty bastard.

I said yesterday I'd love to see someone break the slack jawed crayon eating mongs legs or even as he jumps up for a header he gets a taste of his own medicine as a player backs into him as he jumps and he lands and fucks himself. 

If we ever tried to sign the cunt I'd want him to fail ala Robbie Keane style and he ends up warming our bench. 

Fucking spaz. 

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

The sight of that cunt sickens me. 

And to think Harvey Elliott had to beg forgiveness from, well, The World for that ancient tweet about Kane. Talk about double standards:

(a) a kid joking about Kane sounding like he's swallowing his own foot? Disgrace! Fine him, ban him, make him apologise and send him on a re-training programme.

(b)Try to detach a foot from an ankle? Well, he didn't manage to do it, did he, so let's all move on like adults, eh?