You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) – Sun 19th Dec 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, Einch said:

Tierney is bent. 

He seriously is biased. Some refs really do take huge offence at next to nothing and carry a grudge into games. Clattenberg admitted that - he mentioned some laughably minor clash he had with Klopp, whilst reminiscing happily about all the 'banter' he'd have with Ferguson. Completely arbitrary distinctions, entirely contrary reactions. This guy is just not fit to referee.

The sad thing is the authorities will pounce on, say, a silly tweet some player made when he was about fourteen and throw the book at him now, but when it's a ref, with a performance like that, here and now, they'll just brush it aside. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Then he’s not a decent squad player at all.  You don’t get to pick and choose the games players play all the time.

We dropped points against City before a ball was kicked cause he had to play.

Try finding a player that's happy to be a backup player year in year out. He was fine in the games against Watford and Norwich and Palace. 

If everybody was fit he's our 7th maybe 8th choice midfielder. In normal circumstances the 7th/8th choice midfielder wouldn't be playing against City and Spurs. 

Good on Jurgen the snivelling little turd didn’t like that. The likes of todays decisions are the reasons I  don’t get worked up that much, clearly corrupt.

Who will be doing the most bribing in a few years and have the most paid mouthpieces? The Human Rights Abusers or the Worse Human Rights Abusers, pundits will be sitting by their phones awaiting the call.

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s nonsense mate and you’re setting yourself up to be fucking miserable if you think every week must be a win, because it’s unrealistic expectation in any event. In the event where we play a team that’s coming off 2 weeks rest, at home, under a relatively new coach, without all our first choice Midwifed etc.

I understand the point you’re making, that the competition is too fierce to be able to allow any slips, but I’m telling you you’ll be miserable while watching one of the best teams you’ll ever get to watch if you require perfection in order to enjoy it.

Problem is it now takes near on perfection to compete with the cheating bastards at top of league.

We got 97 pts and couldn't topple them....How many of man utd's teams under demento who won all those leagues got 97 pts?...None of them is the answer...we get 97 and it isn't enough.

They've changed the ask - and it is nigh on perfection needed now - so any dropped points always feel fatal....and dropped points today when we shouldn't have even been playing IMO, with a weakened team and a midfield that was way off the level required and that we would put out feel even worse as there is for me this burning sense of injustice at having to go to one of the hardest away games of season severely weakened when game after game has been called off for same issues we have.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Good on Jurgen the snivelling little turd didn’t like that. The likes of todays decisions are the reasons I  don’t get worked up that much, clearly corrupt.

Who will be doing the most bribing in a few years and have the most paid mouthpieces? The Human Rights Abusers or the Worse Human Rights Abusers, pundits will be sitting by their phones awaiting the call.

Did you hear the twat's explanation for not giving a pen? 'Jota stopped and waited to be hit'!!! You're running into the area, your head's down and you're getting ready to hit the ball, and the ref thinks that's 'waiting to be hit'??? Insane. Utterly shameless bias!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Did you hear the twat's explanation for not giving a pen? 'Jota stopped and waited to be hit'!!! You're running into the area, your head's down and you're getting ready to hit the ball, and the ref thinks that's 'waiting to be hit'??? Insane. Utterly shameless bias!

The thing is - you can stop if you want.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Absolutely mental these corrupt inadequate officials have ruined the game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mark M said:

Glad Klopp went in on the ref after the game.

I can see him getting a touch line ban for it though 

Yep and the media will have a field day calling him a moaning German who can't adapt to the English league calendar. 

They'll also slag him off for saying the League Cup should only be one game in the semis. 

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

so his explanation is a load of made up shite even a child would know is a lie what a complete and utter tit

17 minutes ago, Aventus said:

That the one where somebody ran into trents head while he was on the floor? 

The very one. After DCL had got the shot away, he ran on and into Trent. Cunt didn't want to reverse his decision and therefore allowed a nonce* to score a penalty which now can't be shown.

*allegedly

Loads of incidents there , but the crux for me was our sloppy and casual attitude to passing the ball. If we take more care with the ball we win that game comfortably. The great majority of their good chances came from us giving the ball away , with all the midfield ,Trent and Jota being amongst the worst offenders.

Having said all that , we have drawn at Spurs after winning 12 matches on the trot , so I am not asking the wife to confiscate my belts just yet.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Problem is it now takes near on perfection to compete with the cheating bastards at top of league.

We got 97 pts and couldn't topple them....How many of man utd's teams under demento who won all those leagues got 97 pts?...None of them is the answer...we get 97 and it isn't enough.

They've changed the ask - and it is nigh on perfection needed now - so any dropped points always feel fatal....and dropped points today when we shouldn't have even been playing IMO, with a weakened team and a midfield that was way off the level required and that we would put out feel even worse as there is for me this burning sense of injustice at having to go to one of the hardest away games of season severely weakened when game after game has been called off for same issues we have.

City have already played away games against us, Chelsea, United and Spurs. I can't see many games where they are likely to drop points. 

11 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

After hearing the explanation I thought OK, let's have a look. Checked the replay and

A. He barely stops

B. The "stopping" that he does do is to steady himself for the shot.

And C. He has no idea that the spurs player is even about to run into him, it's not like he turns his head around and looks for the challenge coming. 

Absolute bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Are you Chelsea, Leeds or Liverpool? 

If yes - your game is on regardless.

If no - have a postponement.

Did we even try and get our game cancelled.  Knowing us no so point going on about it.  We talk the talk.

Not sure what to make of that game. On another day, Spurs could have scored 4 such was our defence exposed, on another we'd win with as nailed on a pen as you'll see anywhere and Kane sent off. In the end we drew and Im disappointed at that.

Some people say we've played well against Villa and Newcastle but, sorry, I have to disagree. I think we've been substandard in both those games as we were here but carried the win.

I mean just where do you start with this game? Absolute shit decisions by the ref all over the park. To me, that's a red card by Kane on Robbo. He's got both feet off the ground and not in control of his body.

I love Robbo's commitment but Ive said time and again, he needs to show more composure. The only complaint he can have about his red card is that Kane didnt get one. You cant just go piling into tackles like that.

Please, can someone explain how that foul on Jota in the box isnt a pen? I thought the decision at newcastle today when the keeper wipes out the newcastle player was a stone wall pen, this one, even more so. It's like the refs abicate responsibility to VAR but VAR goes no clear and obvious error. Say what?!

Spurs may be able to point to their own pen appeal. Maybe if the officials give ours, they give that. But that isnt how they're supposed to officiate the game.

Our defending was shocking especially in the first half. Young Morton disappeared after his booking. He didnt do anything wrong but perhaps a 2nd yellow was in his mind and he disappeared from the game? But he wasnt alone and he has inexperience on his side.

Where's Naby? Anyone see him because he's like the invisible man, in my opinion. He just dips out of too many tackles. I hate getting on his case but if Jurgen cant see this lad isnt going to contribute for us sufficiently in games, we're wasting our time with him.

And Allison is really grinding my gears. What's going on with him? He's got his buddy from Brasil coaching him and he's making schoolboy errors like that in this game and others? Seriously, Id give Kelleher the game against leeds on Boxing Day because Alli's errors are mounting up.

I thought Dele Alli had the better of Trent most of the game and I dont get why Matip is playing in the oppos half at 10 men and 10 minutes of normal time left.

A lovely headed goal by Jota, this lad reminds me of Kevin. Small in stature but leaps like a salmon to score with his head. Andy gets a great goal that should have been a winner but for his and Alli's antics. Thought Konate had a good game overall and probably shades it as MoTM.

The more I think about it, the more Im pissed off with this result.

• Upvote 1