You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oxlade-Chamberlain- This team is in the best shape that it has ever been in

TLW

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain believes that this current Liverpool squad is in the best shape it has ever been in.

When you consider what the Reds have achieved over the past few seasons, it is a rather revealing insight into the confidence level of this current squad along with the benefit of being together for a long time.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is evidence of a player who has ridden the rollercoaster between personal heartbreak due to long term injury, and then working his way back and finding confidence in his game and body again.

The Mirror (per the Official site) reported the midfielder as saying:

“I think the team is in the best shape it's (ever) been. I think we're a better team than we have been (up to) this point in time.

“And I think that comes with playing together for years, having moments of success, understanding what we needed to do to get that, the levels we had to set and how relentless we had to be to achieve those things.

“I think that just stands us in good stead every game going forward.”

image.png

Liverpool just like any team depends on their key core group, but Oxlade-Chamberlain said the game against AC Milan proved the depth at Jurgen Klopp’s disposal and the faith he has in them.

“We can be proud of the fact that the whole squad is important and the whole squad is moving forward and developing together because that is crucial.

“We've had moments where we've had a lot of injuries and players need to step up and fill the shoes of some really top players that play a lot of football for this club.

“So moments like (Milan) where young lads come in and prove their worth, and all of us as a group continue the high standards and get a result, I think that shows the team is in a good place.”

But Oxlade Chamberlain stated that one strong performance is certainly not enough to keep your place in the starting lineup as you have to display a consistent level of excellence.

“The lads that play regularly, they set the standards high, all of us in training set the standards high.

"And if you want to be part of this team and this football club, you've got to have that between your teeth and the desire to work hard, show what you can do, take your chances when they come. And they have done that so well.”

View full article

6 minutes ago, TLW said:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain believes that this current Liverpool squad is in the best shape it has ever been in.

When you consider what the  Reds have achieved over the past few seasons, it is a rather revealing insight into the confidence level of this current squad along with the benefit of being together for a long time.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is evidence of a player who has ridden the rollercoaster between personal heartbreak due to long term injury, and then working his way back and finding confidence in his game and body again.

The Mirror (per the Official site) reported the midfielder as saying:

“I think the team is in the best shape it's (ever) been. I think we're a better team than we have been (up to) this point in time.

“And I think that comes with playing together for years, having moments of success, understanding what we needed to do to get that, the levels we had to set and how relentless we had to be to achieve those things.

“I think that just stands us in good stead every game going forward.”

image.png

Liverpool just like any team depends on their key core group, but Oxlade-Chamberlain said the game against AC Milan proved the depth at Jurgen Klopp’s disposal and the faith he has in them.

“We can be proud of the fact that the whole squad is important and the whole squad is moving forward and developing together because that is crucial.

“We've had moments where we've had a lot of injuries and players need to step up and fill the shoes of some really top players that play a lot of football for this club.

“So moments like (Milan) where young lads come in and prove their worth, and all of us as a group continue the high standards and get a result, I think that shows the team is in a good place.”

But Oxlade Chamberlain stated that one strong performance is certainly not enough to keep your place in the starting lineup as you have to display a consistent level of excellence.

“The lads that play regularly, they set the standards high, all of us in training set the standards high.

"And if you want to be part of this team and this football club, you've got to have that between your teeth and the desire to work hard, show what you can do, take your chances when they come. And they have done that so well.”

View full article

That’s us losing on Sat

He's clearly still haunted by those knee injuries. He went down a couple of games ago and you could see in his face the look of anguish as the medical staff talked to him, I assumed he'd done something similar again, but he was up and running soon after. But it looks like he still fears the worse. 

• Upvote 1