Sign in to follow this  
Harry's Lad

Things You Don't See Very Often.

Every now and then you see something that makes you think or say 'you don't see that very often'. 

What's your last or best example?

Any British man not wearing a down or down substitute jacket. 

Bloke over the road who, for some reason, someone told us was a GP but actually works for  the water board (but we still refer to him as the doctor) wears a leather flying jacket with a furry collar. I have to admire that, on every level. 

I drove through widnes once and an old lady a seriously old lady with the old hair bandana or whatever the fuck that is the homemade fucking head cloth hood, two wheeler shopping trolley big heavy coat the works.. anyway she was wearing LA gear lights.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I drove through widnes once and an old lady a seriously old lady with the old hair bandana or whatever the fuck that is the homemade fucking head cloth hood, two wheeler shopping trolley big heavy coat the works.. anyway she was wearing LA gear lights.

Haha. My Nan had a pair of LA Gear trabs about thirty years ago. 

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Any British man not wearing a down or down substitute jacket. 

Bloke over the road who, for some reason, someone told us was a GP but actually works for  the water board (but we still refer to him as the doctor) wears a leather flying jacket with a furry collar. I have to admire that, on every level. 

Agreed. The shearling collars just set them off. There's a few items of clothing I just have to admire on people. A Stetson hat. People that wear old school button braces instead of the new shitty clip-on ones. Also, people that wear leather driving gloves when they aren't driving. 

Earlier on today I saw a lad using a walking brolly like John Steed. Wearing a T shirt and jeans and no jacket It  just looked odd and out of place. Something you don't see very often, which gave me the idea for the thread.

Great thread. 

The once commonplace comb-over. A staple of men's fashion for decades, now just a distant memory. Made for some great weather induced comedy moments. 

7 Bad Hairstyles Men Need To Avoid - The Superior Male

Anthony Burgess, Bobby Charlton, Robert Robinson

Bobby Charlton | Comb over, Legal humor, Bobby charlton

44 Sweet Combovers & Mullets ideas | mullets, bad hair ...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Evidence that someone has been sniffing glue. Used to be everywhere when I was a kid. Halcyon days. 

Your mum just got better at hiding it from you.

• Upvote 1