You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last-Minute Winners

AngryOfTuebrook

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Funnily enough through this season I've noticed loads are going early - be that easy wins like arsenal or the Brighton match when it felt helpless. I'm a little surprised by it. In fact I think Anfield has been a little flat all season. At first I was blaming the stupid ticket system and needing to get in way before the game. But that seems to have passed now and we get in almost as good as it was before. 

A last minute winner isn't the same as it was three years ago. Now you have to check VAR has allowed the goal before you can lose the plot celebrating.

A lot of the tension & release of watching Liverpool has gone for me now, can't speak for anyone else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

A last minute winner isn't the same as it was three years ago. Now you have to check VAR has allowed the goal before you can lose the plot celebrating.

A lot of the tension & release of watching Liverpool has gone for me now, can't speak for anyone else.

VAR has definitely made it worse. I barely celebrated a goal last season. This season VAR has been better and I think depending on the situation I am starting to celebrate goals a little more than I was. I'm hoping after this season there'll be more tweaks that make VARs involvement even less. 

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

It depends.

I don't think many people in the stadium, or watching it on TV thought there was a single doubt about Origi's goal 

7 hours ago, joeyk said:

I was on the Kop for Rosenthal’s derby winner. Started in the middle ended up down the front somewhere!
Not my Evertonian sister, she stayed where she was. 

Ha ha was just about to say that one 

After stuart Barlow had missed about 3 one on ones

I remember a barnes winner against villa after they had spent 90 minutes calling him an England reject which was particularly sweet.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

That's why Taki is so frustrating, he's got such great technique.

He seems really slow, the few times he has the ball and the option to run with it he never seems able to just have a burst to get away.

With a different setup and/or played in the centre we'd maybe get a bit more out of him, but he's nowhere near as good as Jota in the centre and clearly nowhere near the level of Salah or Mane. 

Was worth a punt at the price we paid, but can't really see him as anything other than a squad player at best. 

43 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

He seems really slow, the few times he has the ball and the option to run with it he never seems able to just have a burst to get away.

With a different setup and/or played in the centre we'd maybe get a bit more out of him, but he's nowhere near as good as Jota in the centre and clearly nowhere near the level of Salah or Mane. 

Was worth a punt at the price we paid, but can't really see him as anything other than a squad player at best. 

He’s exactly what we need as a squad player. Capable of coming in and doing a job, doesn’t kick up a fuss and can cover a number of positions. 

I agree about his pace but I think some of his problem is that he plays mostly with the second string, play him with our better players and he’d look better.

I like him he reminds of smicer in that if he was a couple of yards quicker and a little more confident he’d be pretty decent. 

19 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Best ones under Klopp, Mane against Villa 19/20, Divock against Bluecunts 18/19, Mane against Bluecunts 16/17, Degsy against Dortmund 15/16 and Ali against West Brom last season.

Lovren's Dortmund winner doesn't register with me given the abysmal performance in the final. At least it helped show Kloppo who needed to be binned off though.

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Lovren's Dortmund winner doesn't register with me given the abysmal performance in the final. At least it helped show Kloppo who needed to be binned off though.

The Dortmund semi was brilliant; one of the classic "only at Anfield" matches. Sturridge's goal in the final was sublime, too.

Nothing can take that away from me.

• Upvote 1

We were very good in the first half of the Europa final. Should have been a few up, remember one pen shout that was maybe maybe not and another than seemed stonewall. The Burt Moron changed the game being fucking useless a min into the second half and it swung the game. Think many of the lads were just out on their feet with the new training sessions under Klopp and trying to get used to the press mid season

• Upvote 1

On 25/12/2021 at 19:44, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Dortmund semi was brilliant; one of the classic "only at Anfield" matches. Sturridge's goal in the final was sublime, too.

Nothing can take that away from me.

quarter final wasn't it? Villareal in the semi I think