Sign in to follow this  
AngryOfTuebrook

Last-Minute Winners

They are, and they give a much more powerful and different kind of emotion. That said, my post covid chest and my age creeping towards 40 is making me start to prefer and routine 3/4 nil win instead. 

Bloody wonderful 

9jbYUI.gif

My favourite of that lot has to be Div's header. But close competition from Gary Mac, Mellor and Ali.  

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They are, and they give a much more powerful and different kind of emotion. That said, my post covid chest and my age creeping towards 40 is making me start to prefer and routine 3/4 nil win instead. 

Bloody wonderful 

9jbYUI.gif

Fuck off will ya!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

My favourite of that lot has to be Div's header. But close competition from Gary Mac, Mellor and Ali.  

Fucking hell. I was thinking there can't be many better than origi v Everton. Then you remind me it's probably not even the best derby one or best header! 

Ive always said last minute winners are down to two things, fitness and mentality. For many years since 1991, I didnt consider we had the fitness nor mentality to do this. It's no surprise that lot down the East Lancs used to do this frequently.

Now, my money's on us more than any other team in the PL to come up with last minute winners. All hail Jurgen's mentality monsters!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Too fuckin right. Our club just makes you smile.

I read a stat that we've scored 39 winners in the 90th minute or later in the Premier League; at least 13 more than any other team.

Traffic-beaters are missing so much!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I read a stat that we've scored 39 winners in the 90th minute or later in the Premier League; at least 13 more than any other team.

Only left early once and that was in the early 70s when I had to catch the bus at everton valley. 0-0 against Burnley and Tosh scored the winner in the 91st minute. Never again!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fuck me, that's impressive stuff.

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fowlers header against Newcastle was such a brilliant goal. Probably my favourite until Ali came along. 

Yep. That goal is why my user name is Bjornebye. The Collymore winner also up there 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. That goal is why my user name is Bjornebye. The Collymore winner also up there 

Keeping his memory alive for a cross, fair play.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fucking boss, aren't they.

Yaaaaaaassssss Get in red men (not you Joe Cole) Yaaasssss!

I was on the Kop for Rosenthal’s derby winner. Started in the middle ended up down the front somewhere!
Not my Evertonian sister, she stayed where she was. 

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Still think about the couple beside me who left the Origi+6 derby on 85 minutes. What’s wrong with people?

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I remember not long after he joined us Jurgen was saying he was frustrated with people leaving early. If people aren't staying to support the team for 90+ minutes, why should the team give 100% until the end?

So he promised, if we stay and give our full support, the team will have the mentality to show they're worth staying for. 

Then we got this...

1265631705_maxresdefault(23).thumb.jpg.89181b0fc7b76d796cfc2a2003c28f62.jpg

Oh how they laughed at us, celebrating a 2-2 draw with West Brom at home to secure 9th place, just look how far we've fallen. 

But no, that wasn't what was happening here. What happened was Klopp reinforcing what he promised. We were looking like we were going to lose the game but the fans stuck by the team and in the 96th minute...

That goal was one of the most important in the recent history of the club, not for the usual reasons, like a big Derby winner, or the goal to send us through to the champions league final, or even needing the points to make top 4. It's a huge goal because of what it represented, and it foreshadowed everything that was to come in the following years, and who else to score that goal? It's like poetry. 

Why would anybody want to leave early?

• Upvote 3

Shout out to Rocket Ronnie Rosenthal

Not quite a memorable one in our history, but I was there, and I really enjoyed that as a 14 year old, short, spotty kid.

Forward to 6 minutes.

He scored another last minute winner versus the blues in the Kop end. I wish I was there for that!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I remember not long after he joined us Jurgen was saying he was frustrated with people leaving early. If people aren't staying to support the team for 90+ minutes, why should the team give 100% until the end?

So he promised, if we stay and give our full support, the team will have the mentality to show they're worth staying for. 

Then we got this...

Oh how they laughed at us, celebrating a 2-2 draw with West Brom at home to secure 9th place, just look how far we've fallen. 

But no, that wasn't what was happening here. What happened was Klopp reinforcing what he promised. We were looking like we were going to lose the game but the fans stuck by the team and in the 96th minute...

That goal was one of the most important in the recent history of the club, not for the usual reasons, like a big Derby winner, or the goal to send us through to the champions league final, or even needing the points to make top 4. It's a huge goal because of what it represented, and it foreshadowed everything that was to come in the following years, and who else to score that goal? It's like poetry. 

Funnily enough through this season I've noticed loads are going early - be that easy wins like arsenal or the Brighton match when it felt helpless. I'm a little surprised by it. In fact I think Anfield has been a little flat all season. At first I was blaming the stupid ticket system and needing to get in way before the game. But that seems to have passed now and we get in almost as good as it was before. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Then we got this...

I remember defending this on here against people who just couldn't see the bigger picture. Who can't see that now?