Pureblood

Alternative 'rona thread

Ireland gears up to jab 5 to 11 year olds.  Is it right to use children as a human shield to protect adults and elderly people?  Is it right to risk giving children myocarditis in order to protect YOU? In which sane society would we risk our children's health for your benefit? Who are the selfish ones?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40777179.html

Thousands of parents register children for Covid-19 vaccine as portal opens for 5 to 11-year olds

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Ireland gears up to jab 5 to 11 year olds.  Is it right to use children as a human shield to protect adults and elderly people?  Is it right to risk giving children myocarditis in order to protect YOU? In which sane society would we risk our children's health for your benefit? Who are the selfish ones?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40777179.html

Thousands of parents register children for Covid-19 vaccine as portal opens for 5 to 11-year olds

That is what society is bro. 

Is it right for your taxes to be used to look after old people?  80% of healthcare spending is on elderly people, who are putting nothing into the pot. 

If they are just left to die we could spend all the money on cures for other diseases, and free holidays.

• Upvote 1

Although, I do admit to a bit of hesitancy on vaccinating the sprogs.

I also admit to not looking too much into the data - however, with Omicron the vaccination does not really seem to be limiting spread so the benefits on vaccinating children do seem minimal.

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

That is what society is bro. 

Is it right for your taxes to be used to look after old people?  

Yes, they have contributed to society for a lifetime and deserve something back. 

55 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Yes, they have contributed to society for a lifetime and deserve something back. 

So what about a reduced chance of dying then? Don’t they deserve that too?

18 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

So what about a reduced chance of dying then? Don’t they deserve that too?

I don't think giving children vaccines reduces the risk of elderly people dying and it exposes children to unacceptable/shocking levels of harm no functioning society would tolerate. 

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

I don't think giving children vaccines reduces the risk of elderly people dying and it exposes children to unacceptable/shocking levels of harm no functioning society would tolerate. 

I thought the MMR had done that?

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Ok, but where is your line?

What amount of protection for elderly/vulnerable people and/or risk to kids would change your mind?

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

MMR protects children. 

Not if you listen to the anti-vaxxers, it was the last thing to subject children to harm no society would tolerate and whatever comes next will be the new greatest threat.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Not if you listen to the anti-vaxxers

Why would anyone listen to anti-vaxxers?

Seems to me you are trying to conflate hesitancy over one vaccine with opposition to another.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Ok, but where is your line?

What amount of protection for elderly/vulnerable people and/or risk to kids would change your mind?

I don't make the rules, but if it was up to me I'd ban the vaccine for everyone under 25 until global vaccine equity has been achieved.

For over 25s, it would be voluntary and carry clear warnings about the risks.  Any injuries resulting from vaxx fully guaranteed by the state (jointly with the manufacturer) by way of financial compensation for the injured, or for their next of kin for fatalities caused by the vaccine. 

No mandates, no consequences for refusal, everyone lives happily ever after under a no mandate rainbow.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not if you listen to the anti-vaxxers, it was the last thing to subject children to harm no society would tolerate and whatever comes next will be the new greatest threat.

Utter bullshit. One doctor made those claims and was derided by his peers. He's now practicing in the US, what a surprise.

Whitney_Houston_(cropped3).jpeg

I believe the children are our future

Jab them well with new gene therapy

Show them all the clotting they possess inside

Give them an inflamed heart to make it easier

Let the children's flatline remind us how we used to be

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Utter bullshit. One doctor made those claims and was derided by his peers. He's now practicing in the US, what a surprise.

Of course it's bullshit, that's why it's peddled by anti-vaxxers.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Whitney_Houston_(cropped3).jpeg

I believe the children are our future

Jab them well with new gene therapy

Show them all the clotting they possess inside

Give them an inflamed heart to make it easier

Let the children's flatline remind us how we used to be

What is this sudden interest in children? Have you managed to breed and produce your own?

18 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

What is this sudden interest in children? Have you managed to breed and produce your own?

I decided long ago

Never to walk in Fauci's shadow