You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Yeah, but some of them are concerned and, not unreasonably, asking questions as to why their peers are collapsing/dying on the pitch.

Possibly. But, again, our understanding of evidence differs significantly. An anonymous claim in an article isn't evidence. Plus, we don't know how many of the 100 have rejected vaccination through fear of cardiac related side effects. How do we know that 98 out of the 100 just didn't think they needed it? 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Possibly. But, again, our understanding of evidence differs significantly. An anonymous claim in an article isn't evidence. Plus, we don't know how many of the 100 have rejected vaccination through fear of cardiac related side effects. How do we know that 98 out of the 100 just didn't think they needed it? 

It's pretty obvious that some of them are worried about it. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Big fan of his research. A top, top modern medical mind.

All he's doing is asking the question, is there a relationship between the vaccine and athletes collapsing?  He's not holding himself out as an expert.  It's a valid question.  He had to go on GB News (uh oh) to ask it, though, because TalkSport censors it. 

10 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

All he's doing is asking the question, is there a relationship between the vaccine and athletes collapsing?  He's not holding himself out as an expert.  It's a valid question.  He had to go on GB News (uh oh) to ask it, though, because TalkSport censors it. 

I was making a joke, TK. It's not that deep. 

It would help if we could all start making proclamations and asking questions based on solid and credible evidence, though, and not just ramble about theories, especially on a radio station or channel that reach a lot of people.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I was making a joke, TK. It's not that deep. 

It would help if we could all start making proclamations and asking questions based on solid and credible evidence, though, and not just ramble about theories.

Players collapsing and dying is credible evidence. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

You can't find out the reasons if you don't investigate it thoroughly.

Yes and I'm sure Matthew Le Tissier is the man for the job.

I'm also sure no one has looked at vaccine side effects. Oh wait, they're the most scrutinized vaccines ever and the side effects like Myocarditis and the blood clots in non mRNA ones are extremely well known and publicized.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes and I'm sure Matthew Le Tissier is the man for the job.

I'm also sure no one has looked at vaccine side effects. Oh wait, they're the most scrutinized vaccines ever and the side effects like Myocarditis and the blood clots in non mRNA ones are extremely well known and publicized.

Good point, it could well be myocarditis or similar that's the cause. 

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Good point, it could well be myocarditis or similar that's the cause. 

There is evidence and large scale studies about the vaccine caused Myocarditis and it's been shown to not be serious in general.

Look, no offense but I wasn't looking for this conversation, I was just making a passing joke to what Dr Nowt said. 

I don't seek to tell people to get vaccinated on here or in my life. You'll do what you want. It would just be best if we stuck to facts that are as studied and as solid as possible and not delve into "maybe this is causing that" without any evidence. That's all.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There is evidence and large scale studies about the vaccine caused Myocarditis and it's been shown to not be serious in general.

Look, no offense but I wasn't looking for this conversation, I was just making a passing joke to what Dr Nowt said. 

I don't seek to tell people to get vaccinated on here or in my life. You'll do what you want. It would just be best if we stuck to facts that are as studied and as solid as possible and not delve into "maybe this is causing that" without any evidence. That's all.

Maybe it's more serious than at first thought?  It wouldn't be the first time.  The AstraZeneca jab was shunned and phased out for the same reason, after initially being downplayed.

It's a valid question.  Athletes are collapsing more and more, is the vaccine causing it? 

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For clarity, the sports cardiologist went on to say:

'Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Covid-related or, even worse, that vaccine-related myocarditis may be responsible for this spate of cardiac issues that we are seeing in football players.

'I can tell you now that Eriksen's arrest was nothing to do with Covid or the vaccine, nor was Aguero's cardiac scare, nor were Fleck's problems or Wyke's.'

They’re just saying that so they can add fuel to the fires.

https://westernstandardonline.com/2021/12/trudeau-calls-the-unvaccinated-racist-and-misogynistic-extremists/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told a Quebec television station people who do not get vaccinated against COVID-19 are often racist and misogynistic extremists.

But he said the people of Quebec are not the problem and questioned whether the rest of Canada needs to “tolerate” the unvaccinated.

“They don’t believe in science/progress and are very often misogynistic and racist. It’s a very small group of people, but that doesn’t shy away from the fact that they take up some space.

“This leads us, as a leader and as a country, to make a choice: Do we tolerate these people?

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

I don't know where I would access such statistics.  Do you?  

Regardless, I am happy to take the professor for his word on that point.  If he says there has been a blitz, a blitz it is. 

Also, I don't think you need to be a statistician to realise that there has been a sudden increase in these incidents as they're happening virtually every week whereas before mass vaccination they were not.  A link can therefore be presumed and warrants further investigation in order to find out the cause. 

I posted a link a few pages back from a professor that studied sudden deaths and collapses in football players from 2014 to 2018. He stated last month that the most recent figures for the last 12 months are comparable with those years, no significant difference either way.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

I posted a link a few pages back from a professor that studied sudden deaths and collapses in football players from 2014 to 2018. He stated last month that the most recent figures for the last 12 months are comparable with those years, no significant difference either way.

I can't find it.

On 31/12/2021 at 18:39, Pureblood said:

We've jabbed most adults three times now and have more cases than ever.  The vaccine has failed to reduce transmission. 

This obvious failure to grasp basic principles of logic should disqualify you (and anyone dense enough to think like you) from commenting on anything to do with science.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1