You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Sudden death on the pitch (as tragic as it undoubtedly is) is not a recent, or uncommon phenomenon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Granted, but it seems to have become a big problem following mass vaccination. There is undoubtedly a connection, in my opinion.  There are too many of them for it to be purely coincidental. 

Just now, Pureblood said:

Granted, but it seems to have become a big problem following mass vaccination. There is undoubtedly a connection, in my opinion.  There are too many of them for it to be purely coincidental. 

Recent cases could be linked and I have no way to disprove that, but have you checked the list? Going back to the 1800s, the rates are pretty constant, and there doesn't seem to have been any significant increases post mass vaccination. Sports people sadly collapse and die whilst playing sport through undiagnosed heart problems. I'm not sure you could now suddenly blame every death on vaccines.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Recent cases could be linked and I have no way to disprove that, but have you checked the list? Going back to the 1800s, the rates are pretty constant, and there doesn't seem to have been any significant increases post mass vaccination. Sports people sadly collapse and die whilst playing sport through undiagnosed heart problems. I'm not sure you could now suddenly blame every death on vaccines.

Let's call it what it is. A conspiracy theory. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Let's call it what it is. A conspiracy theory. 

I've been trying avoid this thread as I really can't be arsed getting embroiled in endless bickering about something I neither care too much about nor can do fuck all about (I try to stay out of the EU thread as well these days), but I had to take issue with vaccines being blamed for tragedies that have happened every year for as long as there's been professional football.

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

According to this professor there has been a blitz in 2021.  I mean, they're happening virtually every week.  They tried to explain away Lindelof as a collision, turns out he was fitted with a heart monitor.  There's definitely something going on.  Maybe this professor is right and there is "something in the air"?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10314165/Football-seen-worrying-spike-cardiac-arrests-heart-related-issues-2021.html

'We've had this blitz in 2021,' said Prof Sharma, who is head of research and professor of sports cardiology for St George's University in London. 'I can see where you're coming from. It's worrying that there is suddenly a whole load of young men who are supposed to epitomise the healthier segment of our society suddenly crashing with cardiac problems.

'Is there an issue? Are these people being tested properly? Is the game doing it? Is there something in the air to cause an increase? I'm keeping an open mind. My feeling is that this is probably a statistical cluster rather than something on the rise.

Looks like the players are cottoning on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10339755/Premier-League-field-heart-issues-fuelled-suspicion-Covid-vaccines-players.html

Christian Eriksen and Sergio Aguero's on-field heart problems 'have fuelled suspicion of Covid vaccines in Premier League players - with encouragement from Matt Le Tissier and Trevor Sinclair', say club medics, with around 100 stars still refusing the jab

For clarity, the sports cardiologist went on to say:

'Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Covid-related or, even worse, that vaccine-related myocarditis may be responsible for this spate of cardiac issues that we are seeing in football players.

'I can tell you now that Eriksen's arrest was nothing to do with Covid or the vaccine, nor was Aguero's cardiac scare, nor were Fleck's problems or Wyke's.'

• Upvote 1

Thankfully, some people want more than somebody calling something "a blitz." Like wanting statistics from previous years to compare to this year to see if there has been an actual increase in cardiac issues in sportspeople, rather than just relying on a "there's definitely been more" empty statement. 

And, when you ask for these statistics and figures from the people making this unsubstantiated claim, you never seem to be provided with this information. For some reason. 

6 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

According to this professor there has been a blitz in 2021.  I mean, they're happening virtually every week.  They tried to explain away Lindelof as a collision, turns out he was fitted with a heart monitor.  There's definitely something going on.  Maybe this professor is right and there is "something in the air"?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10314165/Football-seen-worrying-spike-cardiac-arrests-heart-related-issues-2021.html

'We've had this blitz in 2021,' said Prof Sharma, who is head of research and professor of sports cardiology for St George's University in London. 'I can see where you're coming from. It's worrying that there is suddenly a whole load of young men who are supposed to epitomise the healthier segment of our society suddenly crashing with cardiac problems.

'Is there an issue? Are these people being tested properly? Is the game doing it? Is there something in the air to cause an increase? I'm keeping an open mind. My feeling is that this is probably a statistical cluster rather than something on the rise.

The article mentions 3 cases spread over 18 years (there have been far more than that) as a nice contrast to the "blitz" recently - one of whom hadn't even had the vaccine. As I said, I'm not saying there is categorically no link because I don't know, but I do know the insinuation of the article and that these events have always happened. I'll bow out now as I've spent more time in here than I'd wanted to. Good luck to you.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For clarity, the sports cardiologist went on to say:

'Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that it is Covid-related or, even worse, that vaccine-related myocarditis may be responsible for this spate of cardiac issues that we are seeing in football players.

'I can tell you now that Eriksen's arrest was nothing to do with Covid or the vaccine, nor was Aguero's cardiac scare, nor were Fleck's problems or Wyke's.'

True. 

And the article also mentions Martin Terrier and Piotr Zielinski. But, doesn't mention that the former had collapsed on the pitch beforehand, in 2020, before vaccines had been rolled out to younger people in France. Or that Zielinski has previously tested positive for Covid, whereas there's no evidence to confirm that he's been vaccinated. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Imagine, you think you're a group of wizards that went to Hogwarts. Something really sad about it. 

I imagine the incel community that buys into all this is hoping that, now billions of gullible vaccinated twats like myself have useless sperm, their pureblood alpha seed suddenly becomes a whole lot more desirable to the ladies out there.

Kinda like their version of the 72 virgins thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Thankfully, some people want more than somebody calling something "a blitz." Like wanting statistics from previous years to compare to this year to see if there has been an actual increase in cardiac issues in sportspeople, rather than just relying on a "there's definitely been more" empty statement. 

And, when you ask for these statistics and figures from the people making this unsubstantiated claim, you never seem to be provided with this information. For some reason. 

I don't know where I would access such statistics.  Do you?  

Regardless, I am happy to take the professor for his word on that point.  If he says there has been a blitz, a blitz it is. 

Also, I don't think you need to be a statistician to realise that there has been a sudden increase in these incidents as they're happening virtually every week whereas before mass vaccination they were not.  A link can therefore be presumed and warrants further investigation in order to find out the cause. 

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The article mentions 3 cases spread over 18 years (there have been far more than that) as a nice contrast to the "blitz" recently - one of whom hadn't even had the vaccine. As I said, I'm not saying there is categorically no link because I don't know, but I do know the insinuation of the article and that these events have always happened. I'll bow out now as I've spent more time in here than I'd wanted to. Good luck to you.

No problem and props to you for getting through the conversation without yelling "conspiwacy". 

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

I don't know where I would access such statistics.  Do you?  

Regardless, I am happy to take the professor for his word on that point.  If he says there has been a blitz, a blitz it is. 

Also, I don't think you need to be a statistician to realise that there has been a sudden increase in these incidents as they're happening virtually every week whereas before mass vaccination they were not.  A link can therefore be presumed and warrants further investigation in order to find out the cause. 

A simple "I can't provide any evidence" would've sufficed. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I imagine the incel community that buys into all this is hoping that, now billions of gullible vaccinated twats like myself have useless sperm, their pureblood alpha seed suddenly becomes a whole lot more desirable to the ladies out there.

Kinda like their version of the 72 virgins thing.

You're welcome to borrow some of mine.

13 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Looks like the players are cottoning on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10339755/Premier-League-field-heart-issues-fuelled-suspicion-Covid-vaccines-players.html

Christian Eriksen and Sergio Aguero's on-field heart problems 'have fuelled suspicion of Covid vaccines in Premier League players - with encouragement from Matt Le Tissier and Trevor Sinclair', say club medics, with around 100 stars still refusing the jab

According to Transfermarkt.com, there are 524 registered players in the Premier League. If we settle at exactly 100 refusals, that still means that 81% of the registered Premier League players have been jabbed. That's pretty much in line with the national averages. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

According to Transfermarkt.com, there are 524 registered players in the Premier League. If we settle at exactly 100 refusals, that still means that 81% of the registered Premier League players have been jabbed. That's pretty much in line with the national averages. 

Yeah, but some of them are concerned and, not unreasonably, asking questions as to why their peers are collapsing/dying on the pitch.