You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

https://www.buzzfeed.com/larryfitzmaurice/joshua-bassett-heart-failure-drivers-license

Joshua Bassett Says He Was Hospitalized With Heart Failure From Stress After The Release Of Olivia Rodrigo's "Driver's License"

Posted on Mar 23, 2022, 11:55:30 PM GMT

You probably also know that Bassett was admitted to the hospital for heart failure days after "Driver's License" was released.

In a new interview with People, Bassett opened up about what led to his hospitalization, suggesting that stress from the overall reaction to "Driver's License" contributed to his condition.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/government-should-tackle-the-elephant-in-the-room-of-vaccines-not-curbing-transmission-former-minister-says-1538644

Government should tackle the ‘elephant in the room’ of vaccines not curbing transmission, former minister says

...the new research shows the vaccines have relatively low effectiveness against symptomatic disease from the BA.2 variant, which is currently driving cases in the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10652091/Very-Americans-require-FOURTH-COVID-19-vaccine-Pfizer-Moderna-push-it.html

Very few, if any' Americans require a FOURTH COVID-19 vaccine - even as Pfizer and Moderna push for more shots, Johns Hopkins expert says

Dr Anna Durbin is an international public health expert at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, has been a critic of Pfizer, Moderna and the White House's insistence to rollout COVID-19 booster shots before they are needed. This week, she told ABC that she does not believe many Americans will benefit from additional shots.

'There are very few, if any, people who, in my opinion require a fourth dose,' she said. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/03/25/woman-dies-after-suffering-heart-attack-los-angeles-half-marathon/7165289001/

Woman who collapsed at LA Marathon finish line dies at hospital

A woman suffered a heart attack at the finish line of a Los Angeles Marathon and later died at hospital.

Trisha Paddock, a married mother of three from Rancho Palos Verdes, California was running in the Charity Challenge Half Marathon on Sunday. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/03/25/woman-dies-after-suffering-heart-attack-los-angeles-half-marathon/7165289001/

Woman who collapsed at LA Marathon finish line dies at hospital

A woman suffered a heart attack at the finish line of a Los Angeles Marathon and later died at hospital.

Trisha Paddock, a married mother of three from Rancho Palos Verdes, California was running in the Charity Challenge Half Marathon on Sunday. 

I’ve run in two half marathons where someone has died.  Granted they were 10 yrs ago but I suspect the vaccine.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't think it's a good idea to declare that vitamin d doesn't work for covid based on one study that Health Nerd has linked.

Bearing in mind you have no medical training, no experience of medical trials and have consistently been wrong throughout the pandemic exactly what would you need? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Bearing in mind you have no medical training, no experience of medical trials and have consistently been wrong throughout the pandemic exactly what would you need? 

Maybe a bit more than you posting Health Nerd linking a study that's "pretty huge news", who I don't trust at all. Several more studies that look for different things, like for instance, how vitamin d3 with one or more of k2, zinc and magnesium work together, or other combinations of different things.

Health Nerd wouldn't be liking any of that though if it showed good results, he'd probably be telling us how the studies were flawed instead. If he was doing anything else he wouldn't be a Guardian covid writer.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Maybe a bit more than you posting Health Nerd linking a study that's "pretty huge news", who I don't trust at all. Several more studies that look for different things, like for instance, how vitamin d3 with one or more of k2, zinc and magnesium work together, or other combinations of different things.

Health Nerd wouldn't be liking any of that though if it showed good results, he'd probably be telling us how the studies were flawed instead. If he was doing anything else he wouldn't be a Guardian covid writer.

You trusting him is immaterial. He’s reporting a study.  

All over the place as usual. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

You trusting him is immaterial. He’s reporting a study.  

All over the place as usual. 

Oh c'mon now, it's only a large randomised trial partly supported by companies with a vested interest in Vitamin D, it's clearly not a patch on some grifting woo-peddlers posting on their blogs.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Oh c'mon now, it's only a large randomised trial partly supported by companies with a vested interest in Vitamin D, it's clearly not a patch on some grifting woo-peddlers posting on their blogs.

Making money is bad, yeah?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/03/covid-pfizer-moderna-project-51-billion-in-combined-vaccine-sales-this-year.html

What's next for Pfizer, Moderna beyond their projected $51 billion in combined Covid vaccine sales this year

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Health Nerd has done exactly what I thought he'd have done with the study, he said it didn't work. And he's done that repeatedly for anything cheaply available to people that could work as a different type of treatment.

Things like vitamin d3, k2, zinc, quercetin, ivermectin could be better used in combination for a good effect on covid, it could be that simply running studies on any one of them won't often show good results. If they did show good results in combination though Health Nerd would likely be trashing the studies and finding all types of flaws that he's not interested in finding for the vitamin d study he's linked.

It's not like you or Rico are going to agree though so I'm not starting this up again.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Health Nerd has done exactly what I thought he'd have done with the study, he said it didn't work. And he's done that repeatedly for anything cheaply available to people that could work as a different type of treatment.

Things like vitamin d3, k2, zinc, quercetin, ivermectin could be better used in combination for a good effect on covid, it could be that simply running studies on any one of them won't often show good results. If they did show good results in combination though Health Nerd would likely be trashing the studies and finding all types of flaws that he's not interested in finding for the vitamin d study he's linked.

It's not like you or Rico are going to agree though so I'm not starting this up again.

That isn’t what happened at all. He’s reported on the results or identified fraud.  

They could be better but until there’s a study that is repeatable we won’t know, so why advocate for something not knowing it’ll work? Mental. 

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Some of the unverified, untrustworthy, poorly-produced, agenda-driven, lacking in context shit that you post on here, or like PB posting, and you pull up Rico for that?!

What have you had to say about PB posting countless articles about people having heart problems in the past two years, with the implication that these are a result of the vaccines, even though the articles offer no evidence, or even a suggestion, that the vaccines were at fault, and that when he's pulled on this, comes out with the fucking pearler that 'the vaccines can't be ruled out'?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Some of the unverified, untrustworthy, poorly-produced, agenda-driven, lacking in context shit that you post on here, or like PB posting, and you pull up Rico for that?!

What have you had to say about PB posting countless articles about people having heart problems in the past two years, with the implication that these are a result of the vaccines, even though the articles offer no evidence, or even a suggestion, that the vaccines were at fault, and that when he's pulled on this, comes out with the fucking pearler that 'the vaccines can't be ruled out'?

It's not an implication - the vaccines are known to cause heart inflammation, strokes and so on. 

• Downvote 2

It would have been much worse if she wasn't triple jabbed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10648929/Model-21-legs-amputated-hospitalized-COVID-happy-alive.html

Fully-vaccinated model who had BOTH of her legs amputated while on life support with COVID is 'happy to be alive' as she leaves hospital after two months - just in time to celebrate her 21st birthday 

Claire Bridges from St. Petersburg, Florida was fully vaccinated when she tested positive for COVID-19 in early January. 

But having been born with a congenital heart condition, her condition soon worsened, and on January 16 she was admitted to a Tampa hospital and diagnosed with COVID-19 myocarditis, cyanotic, acidosis, rhabdomyolysis, and mild pneumonia.

20 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

It's not an implication - the vaccines are known to cause heart inflammation, strokes and so on. 

Not in the articles you post, as I've pointed out to you already. These are just random cases if people having heart problems with no discernable cause given, but because uou believe there's a link between the vaccines and heart problem you stick up every report, regardless of the cause.

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

He said "Vitamin D - no". I don't think it's wise to state that as fact.

I think vitamin d should have an effect because it's important for our immune system so there's that too.

It was on the basis of one study, I don't think you can settle something like that with one study.

It was also Health Nerd that he was posting a tweet of and I don't trust him.

So it was several things that made me respond, not just one.

I think some of what Pureblood has been posting will have vaccines as the cause too, even if I think covid itself is also going to account for some of it and also some will be other causes. I've no idea how much is down to any of them overall but people denying that vaccines are related at all isn't going to help I don't think. I also get that it's not an easy issue as most here have had the vaccine so there's always going to be a resistance to it.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He said "Vitamin D - no". I don't think it's wise to state that as fact.

I think vitamin d should have an effect because it's important for our immune system so there's that too.

It was on the basis of one study, I don't think you can settle something like that with one study.

It was also Health Nerd that he was posting a tweet of and I don't trust him.

So it was several things that made me respond, not just one.

I think some of what Pureblood has been posting will have vaccines as the cause too, even if I think covid itself is also going to account for some of it. How much is one or the other I've no idea but people denying that it has any cause at all isn't going to help I don't think. I also get that it's not an easy issue as most here have had the vaccine so there's always going to be a resistance to it.

How about the fact that, in most of the articles he posts, no cause is given, therefore it's completely misleading to link them to vaccines as he does? The importance you claim to place of the truth and facts and evidence is clearly selective.

And a resistance to what exactly? Suppositions? Guesses? Lies? Claims based on nothing? You both present bollocks as evidence then have the audacity to suggest that it's "the other side" that are emotionally involved.

Fucking fraudsters.