Pureblood

Alternative 'rona thread

Well Mr Slipper, I guess when you don't push back against restrictions, and actively support them, you are in agreeance with some rather unsavory types. Is Jacinda Arden right-wing? How about Merkel? They are also pushing some heavy mandates onto their respective populace, so I would argue that the very definition of right and left wing means nothing at this time. If the thought of being aligned with Andrew 'brillo pad' Neill makes you feel uncomfortable, as it should, then you have the option to do something about it. Perhaps a first step would be to stop siding with these authoritarians who are leveraging this 99.9% survivable disease to push experimental drugs onto the world populace and rush through draconian mandates that will be here for good. The choice is yours to make. 

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m changing my mind. I’m fully vaccinated but now I want to be unvaccinated. How do I do this?

'Fully vaccinated' is a temporal state. Don't worry, your unvaccinated status is rapidly approaching. 

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Merkel is right wing, yes. 

exactly. The definition means nothing when the policies are the same. 

Shooter in the Motor sounds like a real tough guy name and yet he's calling for this thread to be banned. Oh no, some memes are going against my world view, and when I choose to click the thread and read them it makes me feel upset. Ban them now. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59615005

Three vaccine doses key for tackling Omicron

Two doses of a Covid vaccine are not enough to stop you catching the Omicron variant, UK scientists have warned.

Early analysis of UK Omicron and Delta cases showed the vaccines were less effective at stopping the new variant.

However, a third booster prevents around 75% of people getting any Covid symptom.

How are they defining unvaxxed? It could mean they've only had 1 shot or 2 shots and no booster. Unvaccinated is not an agreed upon definition. 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

How are they defining unvaxxed? 

I think most places consider someone unvaccinated if they've received no vaccinations.

ONS for example "An unvaccinated individual is someone who has received no vaccinations."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated

CDC expands COVID-19 booster recommendations to 16- and 17-year-olds. Learn more about booster shots.

In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±

• 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine

If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.

So a single dose of Pfizer means you are classed as unvaccinated. 

Also, if it's less than 14 days since jab you are considered unvaccinated. 

So anyone reading this, if you've only had 1 shot of pfizer you are a fully fledged member of the unvaccinated club. 

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated

CDC expands COVID-19 booster recommendations to 16- and 17-year-olds. Learn more about booster shots.

In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±

• 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine

If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.

So, different use of terminology in the UK and the US.

Not such a surprise. Those weirdos don't even know what a fanny is.

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Also, if it's less the 14 days since jab you are considered unvaccinated. 

The CDC don't say that. In fact, that link you shared only uses the word "unvaccinated" to refer to people who have not been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

And still you mock. Take a read of some of the stories on the site and imagine they are your loved ones. It's not funny m8. 

You don't think Covid is serious. Some would say lots of your posts have been making a mockery of it.

There's a bizarre trend from people who don't want to be vaccinated showing outsized horror at the people who are injured by the vaccine but will then downplay Covid and Covid deaths. Almost like they aren't right in the head.

I don't expect you to get the irony, btw.

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Also, if it's less than 14 days since jab you are considered unvaccinated. 

So anyone reading this, if you've only had 1 shot of pfizer you are a fully fledged member of the unvaccinated club. 

No it means if you've not received both vaccinations you're not considered fully vaccinated.

Vaccinated, Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated would be different things.