You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The Australian gov has been world famous for months now with their authoritarian response to covid, it's not some new thing just because of what's happened to Djokovic.

Is this a bad thing? Any evidence from aussies to back this up?

Quite frankly, Australia should be applauded for having rules and sticking to them.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Maybe leave the switch and read some books. 

Too late, I've been on the Switch already. Just found out the game auto saves in between huge missions on Astral Chain too so it's a lot less of a slog at times now.

I do have books though, got several over crimbo and gradually getting back to reading. Currently reading bits of this and also this to try and go over meditation basics again + learn some new stuff. Both good so far.

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You do understand these two form the largest media platform in the world right?

What could possibly be more mainstream?

I meant that he's not the same as other mainstream media.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I didn't think you'd agree. I'm gonna leave the thread for a while, Switches don't play themselves.

Do we have to go through this shit every 3 or 4 days?

Day 1 - reasonable if misguided posts

Day 2 - Increasingly frantic, right wing talking point posts 

Day 3 - full QAnon conspiratorial posts culminating in a "gonna leave the thread for a while" declaration.

Let the matrix reset.

Day 1 - reasonable if misguided posts

Day 2 - Increasingly frantic, right wing talking point posts 

Day 3 - full QAnon conspiratorial posts culminating in a "gonna leave the thread for a while" declaration.

Let the matrix reset....

1 hour ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Is this a bad thing? Any evidence from aussies to back this up?

Quite frankly, Australia should be applauded for having rules and sticking to them.

We obviously have big differences in how we think governments should work.

36 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Do we have to go through this shit every 3 or 4 days?

Why does saying I'm having a break to play games every so often offend you? Ah I saw you edited : "full QAnon conspiratorial posts (yeah ok) culminating in a "gonna leave the thread for a while" declaration = I suppose when my chance of having a normal life is threatened every day by propaganda it can make me more persistent than I realised I would be.

I saw Jack's edit too that said "can't be arsed any more." I feel the same really. Still posting at times (more linking tweets than anything else) but I'm not into the idea of answering repeated questions from people here every day that have pretty much the opposite view to me.

But don't worry, if Iceman, TK and myself post a lot less others will probably arrive eventually. Too many of the measures used for this pandemic are simply too shit and authoritarian to pass for long without comment.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Why does saying I'm having a break to play games every so often offend you?

It doesn't offend me, it's tiresome (and it isn't about playing games, it's the constant need to declare you're not going to post)

You're a fucking adult.

PS: It wasn't you I had in mind for my post earlier.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You are threatened by propaganda?  Here’s a bloke threatening to take action against vaccine centres. Pick a side. 

No he's threatened by anything that proves his narrative to be bullshit and won't answer questions because he quite simply can't. 

Bullshitters don't like the bullshit they peddle being picked up on..... Hence... the victim act. 

We've seen it quite a lot on here since this pandemic began. A lot more lately as the bullshit unravels. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You are threatened by propaganda?  Here’s a bloke threatening to take action against vaccine centres. Pick a side. 

And there we go already, 100% proven my point yet again. Maybe if some of you read my recent posts about this absolute bullshit (like, on the previous fucking page and try thinking about it), it'll eventually click.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

And there we go already, 100% proven my point yet again. Maybe if some of you read my recent posts about this absolute bullshit (like, on the previous fucking page and try thinking about it), it'll eventually click.

No it hasn't. 

Rogan = very bad, lots of comments.

Djokivic = very bad, lots of comments.

Gov people admitting to authoritarian/totalitarian propaganda used on the population = no comment.

Covid positive vaccinated healthcare workers sent back to hospitals in the US = no comment.

Covid positive people sent back to care homes in the US = no comment.

The narrative has been collapsing so badly that we're almost in post-narrative collapse territory now.

Link to extremists though and then get increasingly angry as if it's happening isolated from everything governments and corporations have done and also get less tolerant of unvaccinated in general, I'm sure that'll work out well for everyone.

It's not like the governments and media want for that exact thing to happen or anything so that they can distract people from the mess they've created.

It's also nothing to do with coercing and mandating government injections or anything or bringing out passports that could cut people off from having any type of normal life. Nope, extremists read interweb conspiracy theory then go crazy. Nothing at all to do with authoritarianism that many of us have repeatedly warned about for fucking months on end.

And even if that's the case, who cares right? They can literally tell you now that they've been propagandising the population and it doesn't even get commented on. So there's really no point.

8 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

First mistake here is that she’s asking the Met to do something. 

They’ve actually replied strangely enough mate.It will be interesting to see if anything happens. People were getting time for posting on facebook during the London riots. 

14 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Well when you push extreme measures on people with vaccine coercion some are sure to go full crazy I suppose, I doubt the government will be to blame for any of it though after the media are done with it if that happens.

So putting in place rules to help save lives makes it the governments fault if somebody does something crazy ??? WTF ever happened to taking responsibility for your actions?

On 14/01/2022 at 19:52, AngryOfTuebrook said:

270 health experts have called for his medical misinformation to be canned. Why do they give a shit about the MSM and their ratings?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/media-claimed-270-doctors-demanded-spotify-take-action-over-joe-rogan-podcasts-turns-out-most-arent-medical-doctors?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#toggle-gdpr