You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

Just now, Rico1304 said:

What month is it?  January = no beer for me.  

Mate, you posted a fucking video of yourself lumbering like a fucking bear for 3 paces. That could be a still if those jeans are bootcut.  

Anyway, stop trying to keep me up, swimming at 7 and I have Doreen’s piss to swallow.  

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

It's actually a criminal offence to hold out as a solicitor (i.e. to pretend to be one when you're not).  So, if you've got the balls, contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority and report the crime.  See how far you get.  

Is it really? 

No doubt, as a qualified and experienced solicitor you'll be able to point me towards the legislation on this, but I'm guessing that there are laws against offering your services as a solicitor when you're not one, but there's fuck all to stop people on a football forum where they don't even use their real name from claiming that they're a solicitor, a dentist, a synchronised swimmer or Pope Gregory the Great's personal masseuse.

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Is it really? 

No doubt, as a qualified and experienced solicitor you'll be able to point me towards the legislation on this, but I'm guessing that there are laws against offering your services as a solicitor when you're not one, but there's fuck all to stop people on a football forum where they don't even use their real name from claiming that they're a solicitor, a dentist, a synchronised swimmer or Pope Gregory the Great's personal masseuse.

Here you go you tiresome, never-do-your-own-research, smug fuckface.  Looks pretty all-encompassing to me.  The reason it is drafted in such wide terms, is because people may take the advice of the person making a false claim to be a solicitor, rely on it, act upon on it and potentially suffer loss. 

https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/fraud-dishonesty/bogus-fake-solicitors/

Bogus solicitors

It is a criminal offence for someone to call themselves a solicitor or act as a solicitor if they are not on the roll of solicitors. We call these people "bogus solicitors" and we may prosecute them.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/47/part/I/crossheading/unqualified-persons-acting-as-solicitors

21 Unqualified person not to pretend to be a solicitor.

Any unqualified person who wilfully pretends to be, or takes or uses any name, title, addition or description implying that he is, qualified or recognised by law as qualified to act as a solicitor shall be guilty of an offence

10 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I'm a solicitor.

You’re a non practicing solicitor.  You don’t have a practice cert so claiming to be a solicitor isn’t correct.  You remain on the roll because the admin of removing dead, retired or non-practicing solicitors was deemed too much.  

Now, if you are truly a solicitor can you undertake all of the roles open to a practicing solicitor?  Or not?