You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

1 minute ago, Red Lead said:

I'm all for open dialogue etc, but claiming to be "pro choice" and then making fun of peoples choices with endless memes is not doing yourself or the discussion any favours.

Fair comment, I prefer a more grown up discussion myself to endless memes.

That said, sometimes there is some truth in them and I don't always have the time to post at length.

• Downvote 2

FDA Asks the Court to Delay First 55,000 Page Production Until May and Pfizer Moves to Intervene in the Lawsuit

Somewhere on the other side of the growing heap of government and pharma lawyers is transparency.

As explained in prior posts, in a lawsuit seeking all of the documents the FDA relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine, a federal judge shot down the FDA’s requested rate of 500 pages per month and instead ordered the FDA to produce at the rate of 55,000 pages per month starting on March 1. 

Since the government has trillions of dollars of our money, it is putting it to good use by fighting to assure that the public has the least amount of transparency possible.  To that end, it has now asked the Court to make the public wait until May for it to start producing 55,000 pages per month and, even then, claims it may not be able to meet this rate. 

The FDA’s excuse?  As explained in the brief opposing the FDA’s request, the FDA’s defense effectively amounts to claiming that the 11 document reviewers it has already assigned and the 17 additional reviewers being onboarded are only capable of reading at the speed of preschoolers. 

Meanwhile…

As the FDA tries to obtain months of delay, guess who just showed upon in the lawsuit?  Yep, Pfizer.  And it is represented by a global chair and team from a law firm with thousands of lawyers.  Pfizer’s legal bill will likely be multiple times what it would cost the FDA to simply hire a private document review company to review, redact, and produce the documents at issue.  Within weeks, if not days.

Pfizer is coming in as a third party.  But Pfizer assures the Court it is here to help expedite production of the documents.  Sure it is!  Where was Pfizer before the Court ordered the 55,000 pages per month?  Right, doing what it normally does: letting the government work on its behalf – like the way the government mandates, promotes, and defends Pfizer’s product. 

But the government did not please Pfizer this time and so here it comes, likely looking for a second bite at the apple.  Of course the FDA consented to Pfizer appearing.  You can read the response my firm filed to Pfizer’s motion , as well as all of the other relevant recent filings in the link provided below. 

Let me end by noting that all of this insanity is simply in response to an attempt to obtain some basic transparency.  This should again bring into sharp focus why the government should never coerce or mandate anyone to get an unwanted medical product or procedure.  Just look at this circus – the government mandates Pfizer’s product, gives it immunity for any safety or efficacy issues, promotes its product using taxpayer money, gives Pfizer over $17 billion and then uses taxpayers’ money to fight to avoid providing even the most basic level of transparency to the public.

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-asks-the-court-to-delay-first

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Fauci said:

“As we face growing pressure to censor content published on Substack that to some seems dubious or objectionable, our answer remains the same: we make decisions based on principles not PR, we will defend free expression, and we will stick to our hands-off approach to content moderation,” they said.

Novak-Djokovic-French-Open-vaccine.jpg

• Downvote 2

https://thebfd.co.nz/2021/12/16/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Over the years I have met, had lunch, dinner, drinks or meetings with a vast number of politicians. Some were great, most were average, but none, with one exception, were evil.

evil-Jacinda.png?resize=1200,783&ssl=1

Which brings me to the exception. Jacinda Ardern.

When I had that three hour lunch with her I came away thinking that this woman makes a lot of sound and thinks she sounds informed and interested about the world and politics. But on reflection, at the time, I said to David Farrar, who was also there, that she was just mouthing slogans and platitudes. Bumper sticker slogans and rehearsed lines. There was no depth there, and there still isn’t.

She is my exception, the one I believe is actually evil, and here is why I believe that.

She is fake, more fake than a $10 copy watch bought in the back alleys of Hong Kong. She has claimed many, many things, like all politicians, about why she entered politics. She professes wanting to end child poverty; she even made herself the minister in charge of ending child poverty. She also claimed that climate change was her generation’s nuclear free moment. On both of those claimed driving forces for her entering politics she has failed massively and comprehensively. All the child poverty statistics are either materially worse or have barely budged. Her climate change commitments are joke. She wrecked an industry on a Captain’s Call and then presided over the largest imports of coal we have ever seen, into a country that is sitting on huge coal reserves. Every single signature election promise has been an abject failure. She told people she was going to make houses more affordable; their cost has more than doubled. She promised to build 100,000 Kiwibuild homes, but it turned out that she couldn’t build a house in a room full of Lego. She promised light rail to the airport and has failed to lay even a single centimetre of track. None of those things are evil, but they are all dishonest and show a predilection towards failure after bold promises.

She told us that she never lies, which was a lie. But since taking power she has grabbed unprecedented additional powers, moreso than even Robert Muldoon. With that power she locked us up, removed our freedoms and told us all it was for our health. Never before in the history of the world have so many healthy people been locked up and had their freedoms taken away, all on the pretext of protecting our health.

It was all to flatten the curve, she said, then to protect the hospitals, then to save granny, then it would be short and sharp, and it ended up being the longest lockdown ever. It was all lies. If we needed more capacity in the hospitals then why haven’t they provided it? Why did they spend $55 million on bribing and corrupting the media instead of building a purpose-built ICU-only hospital in Auckland? Why did they fund cameras on fishing boats and wallaby pest eradication instead of hiring more nurses?

It was never about health; otherwise the billions spent subsidising businesses to stay closed could have instead been spent on hospitals and health care. It was all about control and manipulation. She has gaslit everyone while smiling and frowning and stealing away your rights, your freedoms, and your democracy.

Her lockdowns have cost people their lives, postponed life-saving operations and cancer treatment, destroyed businesses, wrecked careers and worst of all scared people into being irrationally afraid, especially the children. Even though that is evil, that isn’t the real evil of this woman.

The real evil was her politicisation of the Police force, coupled with her draconian lockdown rules, the creation of a Stasi-like snitch culture, creating a situation where mates are turned against mates, families are splintered and rent apart by the medical apartheid she has implemented; and her scapegoating, demonising and radicalising the unvaccinated and destroying social cohesion with her divisive, nasty, evil policies.

She said she never lies; she told us last year that Kiwis would not be penalised if they chose not to vaccinate, yet that is exactly what she has done: introduced social ostracism and punishments for daring to have free will. That is evil.

She is manipulative in the most extreme manner, like all sociopaths. Why else would she use sustained propaganda and well-known brainwashing techniques to tell us that ‘They are Us’…except for the unvaccinated, then ‘They are Us’ is discarded. ‘Team of Five Million’ was a lie, because she has now separated New Zealand into ‘Us and Them’. What else can you call it other than manipulative to forbid the use of hairdressers unless you can prove you’d been vaccinated? That particular piece of nastiness was aimed solely at those naughty women who refuse to comply.

Removing freedoms from everyone, and then giving back the vaccinated some of those freedoms while callously using the media to help gaslight everyone into believing government permissions are freedoms, at the same time as creating two classes of citizen, is even nastier and evil. She’s convinced over 70% of people that this divisiveness and nastiness is perfectly alright. She’s said it is OK to discriminate. She’s not even passed any laws to push her mandates; she’s just let businesses become her brownshirts in ostracising and demonising the unvaccinated. She’s allowed Aucklanders to be scapegoated even as she wrecked their businesses, jobs, and dreams. It is never OK to discriminate. Yet that is what this evil woman has done.

The Kiwi ethos of egalitarianism was slaughtered on the altar of Covid, and the knife used to cut its throat was wielded by Jacinda Ardern.

Add to that the racial divisions she has fostered and extended through her government, and we as a nation are now on the cusp of the destruction of everything Kiwis once stood for. The Kiwi dream has become a dark and awful nightmare, where we live and exist only with the permission of the government.

We are more divided than ever before. We are meaner, harsher and nastier than before. Her actions did that. The evil is that she pretended it was kindness.

As I’ve elaborated, like never before, I’ve seen them all, from Muldoon to Ardern. Not even the excesses of Helen Clark or Robert Muldoon were this bad. The Ardern regime is exactly that, a regime. She is evil. She has systematically and deliberately destroyed this nation, and for that, she deserves to be run out of town on a rail.

Jacinda Ardern has done something no other politician has achieved in my estimation. She has made me despise her personally, simply because she is actually evil. I disliked Muldoon and Clark, but I actually despise Jacinda Ardern.

Her platitudes, her much-vaunted compassion, and her so-called sincerity are all fake. She is a very, very shallow, manipulative and insecure person drunk on the power voters handed her. She is desperate to be seen as a hero in the world’s eyes when in reality she has become a shabby, desperate despot, worse than Robert Muldoon and Helen Clark.

Jacinda Ardern is a black-hearted woman, not the caring persona she has cultivated.

She deserves nothing but opprobrium, and I will spend every waking moment working to remove her from office. It’s personal now.

https://then24.com/2022/01/26/province-of-quebec-shopping-for-the-unvaccinated-accompanied-by-a-health-wardens/

26 Jan. 2022 20:46

The corona pandemic is leading to more and more diverse measures worldwide. In the Canadian province of Quebec, a new corona regulation has introduced a previously unknown rule: unvaccinated people must be accompanied by a “health warden” on their way to the pharmacy in a mall.

But reading the entire regulation, it becomes clear that the exemption for access to such pharmacies is also limited by conditions. It states: If an unvaccinated person wants to visit a pharmacy in large stores like Walmart or Costco, they have to

“Be accompanied at all times during their stay by an employee of the shop, pharmacy or other person authorized by the shops for this purpose.”

This “health warden” who accompanies the person not immunized against COVID-19 has to check that the person concerned does not “buy products unrelated to the pharmaceutical service used”.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

“As we face growing pressure to censor content published on Substack that to some seems dubious or objectionable, our answer remains the same: we make decisions based on principles not PR, we will defend free expression, and we will stick to our hands-off approach to content moderation,” they said.

Novak-Djokovic-French-Open-vaccine.jpg

Probably not an attitude I would celebrate on Holocaust Memorial Day.