You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Stop this stuff, mate. It’s really not a good look. 

After already getting shit for recent examples of anti-vaxxers in the original thread it concerns me what I'll have to deal with on here if someone does something a lot worse that's all. Hopefully any concerns I have turn out to be wrong.

Glad you finally got over your Turdicron too.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What’s their death count?  

Recent figures are here : https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortality-statistics/jan-2020-oct-2021

I think the effects of authoritarianism might be better reflected over the longer term damage to physical and mental health as well.

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Recent figures are here : https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortality-statistics/jan-2020-oct-2021

I think the effects of authoritarianism might be better reflected over the longer term damage to physical and mental health as well.

According to this, they've had 103 deaths/ million of population. That's less than 1/20th of the equivalent UK figure. I wish we'd been more 'authoritarian'.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Physical? You can’t have mental health problems if you’re dead.  

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The Australian gov has been world famous for months now with their authoritarian response to covid, it's not some new thing just because of what's happened to Djokovic.

I notice you still don't have anything to say about him breaking the rules / lying ? 

As for your comments about what you will get if anti-vax lunatics keep acting like nut-jobs... where have you been given shit for it? You've been asked your thoughts on it of course, especially since your comments about anti-vaxxers being abused by society. It's the lunatic anti-vaxxers doing the abuse in more ways than one. 

Stop painting yourself as this massive victim. It's transparent and really fucking pathetic. 

You'r entitled to your views of course but chatting absolute wham is going to be picked up on. If you can't handle that then either don't chat wham or spend more time killing zombies on your computer. 

38 minutes ago, Mudface said:

According to this, they've had 103 deaths/ million of population. That's less than 1/20th of the equivalent UK figure. I wish we'd been more 'authoritarian'.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Physical? You can’t have mental health problems if you’re dead.  

I'm not going to defend our govs pandemic response it's been a fucking joke for the most part. Yes lives have been saved now but the effects of what the Aussia gov have done could draw out over the next decade or more in several bad ways.

We can all point to countries that have saved lives now but what if these measures are now normalised? What if they repeatedly do this for other problems in the future and it turns out to have a huge cost for the health of the population?

I think there's longer term consequences to these things and it's not as easy as just saying the current death count is low. That doesn't mean that deaths should ever be normalised either, there should be a focus on dealing with pandemics a lot better than we have done.

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I notice you still don't have anything to say about him breaking the rules / lying ? 

As for your comments about what you will get if anti-vax lunatics keep acting like nut-jobs... where have you been given shit for it? You've been asked your thoughts on it of course, especially since your comments about anti-vaxxers being abused by society. It's the lunatic anti-vaxxers doing the abuse in more ways than one. 

Stop painting yourself as this massive victim. It's transparent and really fucking pathetic. 

You'r entitled to your views of course but chatting absolute wham is going to be picked up on. If you can't handle that then either don't chat wham or spend more time killing zombies on your computer. 

It's not good that he broke rules and lied wherever he did, it doesn't mean that he was some current threat to anything now though. The problem I think was that him being painted as an antivaxxer and then going on to win the open would have been bad for the narrative so he's been shoved out of the country. They even said I think that it wasn't so much about what he'd done but what the effect would be regarding anti-vaxxers, etc. And that's just fucking stupid.

I don't get shit for anti-vaxx loons from the off, it's more like what you and others do sometimes where you'll ask what I think of something then I get called shit for just saying that I shouldn't be responsible for them. If you think I should it just supports the exact same thing I have a problem with. I'm not here trying to be anti-vaxx, I'm mainly concerned about what happens to those of us unvaccinated now seeing as there's a majority classing us as one herd and there's propaganda shite going around every single day. And the other things I've been bothered about for months, the passes, mandates, etc.

The actual narrative has been going to shit in several countries for a while now though and maybe that'll help us actually return to more sanity in the future. But who knows, constant media propaganda will wear people down like we've seen in the past so if they don't stop spreading shit around things might get worse.

The media have consistently been one of the biggest problems for us all, they're a fucking menace and it's rich psychos spreading their shit around via their outlets as usual.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They won't be. Anti-abortionists have been shooting folks and blowing shit up for decades.

Well when you push extreme measures on people with vaccine coercion some are sure to go full crazy I suppose, I doubt the government will be to blame for any of it though after the media are done with it if that happens.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The media have consistently been one of the biggest problems for us all, they're a fucking menace and it's rich psychos spreading their shit around via their outlets as usual.

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

I doubt the government will be to blame for any of it though after the media are done with it if that happens.

Do you consider Rogan or say, Tucker Carlson to be "media"?

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's not good that he broke rules and lied wherever he did, it doesn't mean that he was some current threat to anything now though. The problem I think was that him being painted as an antivaxxer and then going on to win the open would have been bad for the narrative so he's been shoved out of the country. They even said I think that it wasn't so much about what he'd done but what the effect would be regarding anti-vaxxers, etc. And that's just fucking stupid.

I don't get shit for anti-vaxx loons from the off, it's more like what you and others do sometimes where you'll ask what I think of something then I get called shit for just saying that I shouldn't be responsible for them. If you think I should it just supports the exact same thing I have a problem with. I'm not here trying to be anti-vaxx, I'm mainly concerned about what happens to those of us unvaccinated now seeing as there's a majority classing us as one herd and there's propaganda shite going around every siongle day. And the other thing I've been bothered about for months, the passes, mandates, etc.

The actual narrative has been going to shit in several countries for a while now though and maybe that'll help us actually return to more sanity in the future. But who knows, constant media propaganda will wear people down like we've seen in the past so if they don't stop spreading shit around things might get worse.

See you can't hep yourself! No RP, him being allowed to get away with lying and being allowed to take part when thousands have had to abide by the rules laid down would have been a terrible precedent to set. Nothing to do with any 'narrative' ! 

Who has given you "shit" ? You have stated that anti-vaxxers are being treated bad by the vaxxed yet when you get shown evidence of anti-vaxxers acting like lunatics you shrug and say it's nothing to do with you 

The only one pushing a 'narrative' here is you. You just make things up, it's called lying and It's pathetic. 

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Do you consider Rogan or say, Tucker Carlson to be "media"?

We know Rogan isn't the same as mainstream media. As for Tucker Carlson, Glenno might be ok with going on his show regularly but it doesn't mean I tune in to watch. I prefer just checking his twitter and reading his substack sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

See you can't hep yourself! No RP, him being allowed to get away with lying and being allowed to take part when thousands have had to abide by the rules laid down would have been a terrible precedent to set. Nothing to do with any 'narrative' ! 

Who has given you "shit" ? You have stated that anti-vaxxers are being treated bad by the vaxxed yet when you get shown evidence of anti-vaxxers acting like lunatics you shrug and say it's nothing to do with you 

The only one pushing a 'narrative' here is you. You just make things up, it's called lying and It's pathetic. 

Ok so he lied about something then got kicked out of the country. Rules are rules, etc, but vaccinated are spreading the virus around all the time anyway and the narrative still wins.

You say I've stated that anti-vaxxers are being treated bad by the vaxxed, there you go. I don't think that's ever been my problem. It's unvaccinated in general being lumped in with them that I think is the danger. You're then saying I get shown evidence of anti-vaxxers acting like lunatics and I shrug and say it's nothing to do with me. That's exactly the problem I'm talking about.

I should be able to shrug at them whenever I want because they're fuck all to do with me. You're trying to say that I should be issuing some type of response that you're satisfied with, I should be free to not ever have to say a single word about them, same as anyone else.

Governments have treated us like shit and they want everyone vaccinated, millions of us choose not to for various reasons, it doesn't mean we should be forced to respond whenever some extremists do something stupid any more than a Muslim should be forced to respond when a Muslim extremist does something.

An unvaccinated person is an unvaccinated person. An anti-vaxx extremist is an anti-vaxx extremist. I shouldn't ever have to say a word about the stupid shit they do if I choose not to.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm sure the Australian gov are happy that they can go back to terrorising their own people now that a foreign tennis player has stopped distracting them.

You are as mad as a box of frogs. The majority of Aussies have no issue being vaccinated. FWIW we r due to fly in to Melbourne in May for our daughters wedding. Once we get our travel visa we then have to apply for exemption to travel as our daughter is an Aussie citizen. We have to prove she is both our daughter and a citizen and also both have to be fully vaccinated. He chose to try and beat the system and was also stupidly irresponsible when he caught the virus. Deportation was the correct result.

• Upvote 3

And no for the record, I'm not even associating anti-vaxxers with anti-vaxx extremists. Some people are anti-vaxx in general and that's that. That's their choice even though I don't agree with it. I'm referring to those that go out actually doing damage to places and harassing people, etc, as being more extreme. And then there'll be even worse if someone decides to go full crazy too.

I shouldn't have to respond to any of their shit though, it should be obvious that I don't support it without ever having to ask me.

On 15/01/2022 at 19:10, Red Phoenix said:

The Australian authorities have been a joke for a while now and I think it goes way beyond a tennis player. This Novak thing is just the latest episode with them. The measures they've taken and the restrictions they've placed on Aussies have been fucking insane.

I can assure you , speaking to my family in Victoria and Queensland that they are getting on with life which includes eating out, kayaking weekends away etc. Only the anti vaxxers are struggling due to regulations that apply if unvaccinated.

5 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

You are as mad as a box of frogs. The majority of Aussies have no issue being vaccinated. FWIW we r due to fly in to Melbourne in May for our daughters wedding. Once we get our travel visa we then have to apply for exemption to travel as our daughter is an Aussie citizen. We have to prove she is both our daughter and a citizen and also both have to be fully vaccinated. He chose to try and beat the system and was also stupidly irresponsible when he caught the virus. Deportation was the correct result.

That all sounds good for you if you're ok with it and I hope the wedding goes well. The problem I have is the entire system in place where unvaccinated aren't even given a thought. They made the "wrong" decision and not even covid-aquired immunity after infection is good enough, it's vaccinated only. If you then take that and start applying it all over the place to different things that's a lot of the world's population shut out of being able to live their lives normally.

Now that omicron is here a lot of us think things should change and maybe they will do eventually. If not it means that the vaccinated are allowed to live normal lives and the rest are a new underclass. And the vaxxed have to deal with regular shots too just to stay up do date and keep access. I think personally that's it's a truly dangerous and insane system, but maybe that's because I'm mad as a box of frogs so you probably shouldn't worry about it.

41 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

And no for the record, I'm not even associating anti-vaxxers with anti-vaxx extremists. Some people are anti-vaxx in general and that's that. That's their choice even though I don't agree with it. I'm referring to those that go out actually doing damage to places and harassing people, etc, as being more extreme. And then there'll be even worse if someone decides to go full crazy too.

I shouldn't have to respond to any of their shit though, it should be obvious that I don't support it without ever having to ask me.

Edited by Jack the Sipper
can't be arsed anymore

42 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

We know Rogan isn't the same as mainstream media. As for Tucker Carlson, Glenno might be ok with going on his show regularly but it doesn't mean I tune in to watch. I prefer just checking his twitter and reading his substack sometimes.

You do understand these two form the largest media platform in the world right?

What could possibly be more mainstream?