You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

34 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Is he not doing exactly what we do on here? 

I find it funny that people want to hold him responsible for the decisions other people make in their lives. People need to hold themselves accountable for their own decisions, not finger the blame at others. “If it wasn’t for those other folk then he wouldn’t be this or that” It’s all bollocks. Own it. 

That particular podcast is actually a really good podcast (He’s been on about 4 times before I think) as it’s two people debating in the long form and respecting the others views and backing them up. People don’t seem to like the idea that someone looks at something differently than them.

Rogan, is as Howie says, is a performer. He’s got views and a platform to share those views. It’s the one the beautiful things of freedom of speech. He’s also got evidence from different scientific fields that he trusts, he shares it, some hes right, some he’s wrong.

Also, one thing to remember is that he’s never claimed to be an expert in anything other than hunting, MMA and comedy (I’m still undecided on the comedy) He always adds the caveat that he isn’t an expert and you shouldn’t listen to him. People can take that however they want of course. 

You don’t see that in short clips. 

There is a reason he is successful, and it’s nothing to do with Covid. He was big before that. It’s down that he hosts a good podcast and gets good guests. He’s a good interviewer/host. You get good questions that get the long and interesting answers and not just a 20 second sound bite. You learn about those guests more and get to understand stances on things. 

If by doing what the majority are doing on here you mean; he's speculating about a topic he hasn't extensively researched, then yes. It's fine to do that on some forum. It's a bit shit to not do your homework and talk shit on a podcast with millions of listeners on a very important topic.

If he's going to have scientists on as guests and talk about science based topics, he should prepare himself to a decent degree at a minimum. It doesn't matter that he's a comedian.

And I know he wa successful before Covid, I said that before. He's good at talking shit with other comedians or with expert guests, where he can just bounce ideas on them. This is not the same thing. He's been obsessed about Covid, yet won't do the minimum of research. 

I don't personally give much of a shit about Rogan. He doesn't anger me. I just think it's comical people see him as some cool media trailblazer. He's a fucking dork and in this case doesn't known what he's talking about while pretending he does.

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

A poorly told anecdote that was taken out of context, does not make someone a racist. 

How was it taken out of context? Your defence of this is embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

“Yeah but you are ergo!”

Nonce. 

No, you just are. 

Jedi. 

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Wow, let's deplatform Joe Rogan now.

He's trouncing all of the lying fraudulent mainstream media, that's the problem. Don't pretend it's about health.

270 health experts have called for his medical misinformation to be canned. Why do they give a shit about the MSM and their ratings?

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

So, if you don’t know don’t you think it’s irresponsible to recommend it?  I mean we don’t know if loads of stuff works. It’s weird the things that are the most studied medicines the world has known you won’t have, but the stuff we don’t know about you favour. It’s almost as if …

It's been used for decades and I have no issue with anyone recommending it for vaccinated or unvaccinated, even if I'm not doing the same myself.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

If there was any substantial evidence that it had been proven to be effective, you my friend, would most certainly know it.

And by the time I linked it here it's almost certain that it would have already been "debunked."

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's been used for decades and I have no issue with anyone recommending it for vaccinated or unvaccinated, even if I'm not doing the same myself.

And by the time I linked it here it's almost certain that it would have already been "debunked."

It’s been used for decades as a dewormer. Not as a ‘cure’ for a coronavirus.  Anusol has been around for decades and no one’s recommending that.  Don’t you think it’s irresponsible to recommend something that has no data to support its efficacy?  What if a Rogan recommendation led to someone not going to hospital and getting a treatment that actually works?  It’s fucking mental.  People listen to him, they do what he says.  We know this as Spotify paid him $100m to sell advertising.  

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Haha you have a switch.

Leave our Switch alone. I had get it to play SMT V as it's exclusive, also got Astral Chain too which is also only on there. I've spent almost 140 hours on SMT V and still to get properly into Astral Chain (going back to it shortly) but it's been great so far.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

270 health experts have called for his medical misinformation to be canned. Why do they give a shit about the MSM and their ratings?

270! Let's listen to them then and get Joe Rogan off there. Then when we're done we can also listen to over 400 experts that are concerned about 5G and get that taken down too. Then every time we have more experts that number 250+ or whatever we can carry on censoring and dismantling tons of other stuff as well, I'm sure it'll go well!

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t you think it’s irresponsible to recommend something that has no data to support its efficacy?

There's data all over the place on both sides, it just depends on what you side with. If there's someone unvaxxed that has corona then it should be up to them what they use. I don't think it's often used alone either, often mixed with other supplements/drugs, etc, so it might also work best in synergy with other stuff if it does.

Or it might not work, I don't know. I'm going to try and avoid arguing with you over it though as we disagree and it never gets resolved.

35 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

270! Let's listen to them then and get Joe Rogan off there. Then when we're done we can also listen to over 400 experts that are concerned about 5G and get that taken down too. Then every time we have more experts that number 250+ or whatever we can carry on censoring and dismantling tons of other stuff as well, I'm sure it'll go well!

You missed the point.

Do you think the medical experts calling for Rogan to stop being a platform for dangerous nonsense are - as you implied - motivated by the ratings of the mainstream media?

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You missed the point.

Do you think the medical experts calling for Rogan to stop being a platform for dangerous nonsense are - as you implied - motivated by the ratings of the mainstream media?

Motivated by actual facts and human decency 

49 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If there's someone unvaxxed that has corona then it should be up to them what they use. I don't think it's often used alone either, often mixed with other supplements/drugs, etc, so it might also work best in synergy with other stuff if it does.

You do accept that caveat is if they are in their home. Sure, do whatever you want.

They should not expect a doctor in a hospital setting to include ivermectin. Cuz they won't.

31 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You missed the point.

Yes, they'd rather Rogan had a small audience and mainstream media had loads more so that people could go along with whatever the official narrative is. I looked at the letter, it said he was against vaccinating younger people, called vaccines gene therapy and promoted ivermectin. I don't see why he should be censored for that. They can all fuck off with their censorship, a lot of people are getting sick of it now.

22 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

He needs to admit he got it wrong on this occasion and take a step back from it. I enjoy his podcasts in general. 

On myocarditis he could've been right :

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You do accept that caveat is if they are in their home. Sure, do whatever you want.

They should not expect a doctor in a hospital setting to include ivermectin. Cuz they won't.

If it's not causing an issue they should do if that's what the patient wants, but seeing as almost everything has gone insane over the last two years I'm not surprised.