You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

I've no idea what's going on with my Covid pass. When I got my booster, I got the pass, with an expiry date of 15th January. I saved this to my phone, to save time if I needed to show it to anyone.

I then reported a positive LFT on Boxing Day and got an email to tell me to isolate until 5th January. At that time, if I accessed my Covid pass through the NHS app, it was telling me to isolate until the 5th, but the pass I'd saved to my phone was still good. I then reported a positive PCR test (just to confirm the LFT) and got another email telling me to isolate until the 7th January. My Covid pass (on the NHS app) still said the 5th. As recommended, I took LFTs on day 6 and day 7, to see if I could get time off for good behaviour. These were both still positive. Since my isolation period ended (on the 5th) I've taken two LFTs, both negative. I reported all of these results, but I now find, when I go through the NHS app, I'm being told to isolate until the 12th (i.e. ten days from my Day Six LFT), despite the fact that I'm obviously clear of Covid. Fortunately, I can still use the pass saved to my phone to get into places (like Anfield yesterday), because that particular flaw in the system cancels out the flaw that is telling me to isolate.

When my pass expires on the 15th, it should automatically renew; but the system's fucked, so who knows what will happen?

Two morals from this story.

1. If you're awarding multi-billion pound Government contracts which have life-or-death impacts, don't just dole them out to your mates.

2.  If you're self-isolating and you take an LFT to try to get out early, don't bother reporting a positive result.

@AngryOfTuebrook based upon the above I believe it's possible that an offence has been committed, as follows.

You say that on days 6 and 7 you took LFTs which were both positive.  From this point onward, under the law you were not allowed to use your NHS Covid pass for a further 10 days, despite your isolation period ending:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass#how-to-use-the-nhs-covid-pass-at-venues-events-and-settings-in-england

You can end self-isolation after 7 days, following 2 negative lateral flow tests taken 24 hours apart. You should not take the first lateral flow test before day 6. However, you will be unable to use either your domestic or travel NHS COVID Pass for 10 days following a positive NHS test result.

A positive NHS test result is defined as follows:-

You can use NHS Test and Trace tests you already have at home or order rapid lateral flow tests. If you have taken a rapid lateral flow test at home you will need to report this online. You must use a test supplied by NHS Test and Trace.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions)(Entry to Venues and Events)(England) Regulations stipulate the following:-

Offences and penalties

Regulation 16

(2) A person (“P”) commits an offence if P makes, adapts, supplies or offers to supply false evidence of COVID status to another person which P knows is false or misleading.

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2), “evidence of COVID status” means any form of evidence referred to in regulation 9.

Regulation 9 defines the evidence referred to in Regulation 16 and makes it clear that this includes the NHS Covid Pass:-

Acceptable evidence for the purposes of regulation 8

9.—(1) The items referred to in this regulation may be used as evidence that a person (“P”) satisfies the criteria in regulation 8(1), or comes within an exemption in regulation 8(2).

Evidence of vaccination, participation in a clinical trial or clinical exemption

(2) Evidence may be provided in relation to any of the criteria in regulation 8(1) or (2) by—

(a)the NHS COVID pass for P, or the equivalent from NHS Scotland, NHS Wales or the Department of Health in Northern Ireland,

In view of the above, I think you should arrange to delete the post you made on the Coronavirus thread and any references to it on this thread, as the penalties can be quite severe.  You attended Anfield within ten days of a positive test and used an old pass saved to your phone.  I would urge you to reconsider your position, contact site admin and get rid of the relevant posts on this site.

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/19784874.people-face-10k-fine-new-plan-b-covid-pass-laws-england/

People who fake their Covid-19 vaccine status or negative test results face fines of up to £10,000 under new laws in England.

5 hours ago, TK-421 said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/11/new-email-piles-more-pressure-on-uk-pm-johnson-over-lockdown-parties

Repeating booster doses of the original COVID vaccines is not a viable strategy against emerging variants, the World Health Organization (WHO) said as it predicts that more than half of Europe’s population will get infected with the Omicron coronavirus variant within the next six to eight weeks.

This is not news.

All your fab faves from Big Pharma have already started working on Omicron-specific vaccines, but they were all estimated to take at least 3 months to get ready. The booster jabs were always intended to provide the best protection available for now.

45 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

@AngryOfTuebrook based upon the above I believe it's possible that an offence has been committed, as follows.

You say that on days 6 and 7 you took LFTs which were both positive.  From this point onward, under the law you were not allowed to use your NHS Covid pass for a further 10 days, despite your isolation period ending:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass#how-to-use-the-nhs-covid-pass-at-venues-events-and-settings-in-england

You can end self-isolation after 7 days, following 2 negative lateral flow tests taken 24 hours apart. You should not take the first lateral flow test before day 6. However, you will be unable to use either your domestic or travel NHS COVID Pass for 10 days following a positive NHS test result.

You can use NHS Test and Trace tests you already have at home or order rapid lateral flow tests. If you have taken a rapid lateral flow test at home you will need to report this online. You must use a test supplied by NHS Test and Trace.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions)(Entry to Venues and Events)(England) Regulations stipulate the following:-

Offences and penalties

Regulation 16

(2) A person (“P”) commits an offence if P makes, adapts, supplies or offers to supply false evidence of COVID status to another person which P knows is false or misleading.

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2), “evidence of COVID status” means any form of evidence referred to in regulation 9.

Regulation 9 defines the evidence referred to in Regulation 16 and makes it clear that this includes the NHS Covid Pass:-

9.—(1) The items referred to in this regulation may be used as evidence that a person (“P”) satisfies the criteria in regulation 8(1), or comes within an exemption in regulation 8(2).

Evidence of vaccination, participation in a clinical trial or clinical exemption

(2) Evidence may be provided in relation to any of the criteria in regulation 8(1) or (2) by—

(a)the NHS COVID pass for P, or the equivalent from NHS Scotland, NHS Wales or the Department of Health in Northern Ireland,

In view of the above, I think you should arrange to delete the post you made on the Coronavirus thread and any references to it on this thread, as the penalties can be quite severe.  You attended Anfield within ten days of a positive test and used an old pass saved to your phone.  I would urge you to reconsider your position, contact site admin and get rid of the relevant posts on this site.

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/19784874.people-face-10k-fine-new-plan-b-covid-pass-laws-england/

People who fake their Covid-19 vaccine status or negative test results face fines of up to £10,000 under new laws in England.

Ooh, you'd better report me, then.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ooh, you'd better report me, then.

I ain't a grass, just get rid of the posts, I think it's in your best interests. 

Also, the bit where you recommend not reporting positive tests is a disgrace in view of the loss of life and misery caused by this pandemic.

Get rid, you know it's the right thing to do.  

That's all I have to say on the matter.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is not news.

All your fab faves from Big Pharma have already started working on Omicron-specific vaccines, but they were all estimated to take at least 3 months to get ready. The booster jabs were always intended to provide the best protection available for now.

The best protection is the Bible, surely? 

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I ain't a grass, just get rid of the posts, I think it's in your best interests. 

Also, the bit where you recommend not reporting positive tests is a disgrace in view of the loss of life and misery caused by this pandemic.

Get rid, you know it's the right thing to do.  

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Go on. It's not being "a grass": it's being a good citizen. Call the plod. The number's 999. 

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Stop trying to turn it on me.

This isn't about my behaviour, it's about yours.

Call them yourself.

What would I tell them? The same that I've told people here: that I tested positive, sat out my 10-day isolation and then tested negative twice in three days before going out anywhere.

I don't think they'd be interested.

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Offences and penalties

Regulation 16

You missed a bit from the NHS guidance.

IMG_20220111_225219.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-11-22-53-21-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg