You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

Just now, Pureblood said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59631570

Early data suggests that getting a third booster dose gives an individual around 70% to 75% protection against symptomatic infection from Omicron.

I've had enough of arguing with you for now, I'm going to see the new year in with my mrs. I suggest you get the band aids and foot pump out and do the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I've had enough of arguing with you for now, I'm going to see the new year in with my mrs. I suggest you get the band aids and foot pump out and do the same.

Mrs Pureblood is working late tonight and tomorrow morning, I'll pass her your regards.

Thanks for that chat - I believe we have had a civil conversation without many insults and whatnot.  

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59631570

Early data suggests that getting a third booster dose gives an individual around 70% to 75% protection against symptomatic infection from Omicron.

Sounds good to me.

Bit like having a tetanus shot of which I've had about 6, doesn't make me whine like a bitch though or attach a conspiracy theory to it.

4 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Sounds good to me.

Bit like having a tetanus shot of which I've had about 6, doesn't make me whine like a bitch though or attach a conspiracy theory to it.

My understanding is that the mRNA vaccines are not at all like tetanus shots, in that they disperse throughout the body away from the injection site.  This is why people are ending up with myocarditis, for example - the spike protein gets into the heart lining.

The Novavax vaccine I believe is more like a tetanus shot, where the injection stays in the deltoid and produces a pre-determined amount of spike protein.  

49 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Mrs Pureblood is working late tonight and tomorrow morning, I'll pass her your regards.

Thanks for that chat - I believe we have had a civil conversation without many insults and whatnot.  

We can do it when we try

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

He was a snivelling, fat, ugly, knicker-wetting, fat, ugly, fat, little c*nt. 

that’s what he is now.

Previously he was tk421 who was alright most of the time.

3 hours ago, Pureblood said:

My understanding is that the mRNA vaccines are not at all like tetanus shots, in that they disperse throughout the body away from the injection site.  This is why people are ending up with myocarditis, for example - the spike protein gets into the heart lining.

The Novavax vaccine I believe is more like a tetanus shot, where the injection stays in the deltoid and produces a pre-determined amount of spike protein.  

Has it not occurred to you that if the spike protein gets into the system, so would have covid-19 and it would have done a lot more damage?

my brother in law said the same things. No vaccine for me, the media is making a bigger deal of it, the vaccine is a form of control and I’ll take my chances on my immune system.

he’s been in a medically induced coma for 3 weeks with covid. Now off the meds, the gave him today an anaesthetic to numb the throat so they could take him off the ventilator. The anaesthetic led to a heart attack. They suspect the covid caused a stroke while in a coma and the anaesthetic doubled down on that.

he’s stable again but at this moment he’s only alive due to the ventilator.

perhaps if he’d had the vaccine he might be going through the same things or maybe not. 

We will never know.

10 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

He was a snivelling, fat, ugly, knicker-wetting, fat, ugly, fat, little c*nt. 

also interesting that you mention fat three times…

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Has it not occurred to you that if the spike protein gets into the system, so would have covid-19 and it would have done a lot more damage?

my brother in law said the same things. No vaccine for me, the media is making a bigger deal of it, the vaccine is a form of control and I’ll take my chances on my immune system.

he’s been in a medically induced coma for 3 weeks with covid. Now off the meds, the gave him today an anaesthetic to numb the throat so they could take him off the ventilator. The anaesthetic led to a heart attack. They suspect the covid caused a stroke while in a coma and the anaesthetic doubled down on that.

he’s stable again but at this moment he’s only alive due to the ventilator.

perhaps if he’d had the vaccine he might be going through the same things or maybe not. 

We will never know.

Careful, some cunt might decide to use that against you.

1 minute ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Careful, some cunt might decide to use that against you.

Why else would I put it here other than to find out who would? 

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Of course, I acknowledge the risks of catching Covid and that it's a serious disease.

The difference is that Covid isn't injected into billions of people multiple times, it occurs through natural infection. 

The vaccine causes harm and Covid causes harm. The two are not mutually exclusive.

23 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Of course, I acknowledge the risks of catching Covid and that it's a serious disease.

The difference is that Covid isn't injected into billions of people multiple times, it occurs through natural infection. 

The vaccine causes harm and Covid causes harm. The two are not mutually exclusive.

A car can cause harm whether it’s below, at or above the speed limit. Should we abolish speed limits?

Just now, Pureblood said:

No.

Why not? Speed limits infringe on people’s freedoms. You need a licence to prove you can drive a car. Cars can kill people. They only benefit people who can use them. Some people drive cars that only they are privileged enough to drive. The police have powers to stop people in them.

If vaccines kill people and so do cars, why should we get rid of vaccines and keep cars? If covid isn’t dangerous to everyone and neither is breaking speed limits, why should we protect people from speeding but not covid? 

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Why not? Speed limits infringe on people’s freedoms. You need a licence to prove you can drive a car. Cars can kill people. They only benefit people who can use them. Some people drive cars that only they are privileged enough to drive. The police have powers to stop people in them.

If vaccines kill people and so do cars, why should we get rid of vaccines and keep cars? If covid isn’t dangerous to everyone and neither is breaking speed limits, why should we protect people from speeding but not covid? 

Speed limits are a justifiable and proportionate response to a known and quantifiable risk.  There are also other safeguards in place for road safety, such as compulsory insurance and a legal framework to deal with criminal and civil liability of drivers.  

I'm not arguing we should get rid of vaccines, I think they should be used on vulnerable and at risk people provided that the benefits outweigh the risks and on the basis that they're safe.  

Is there any point to this vehicular rabbit hole you're going down?   It's a bizarre analogy and you're conflating a mish mash of issues which bear no practical resemblance to one another.

22 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Speed limits are a justifiable and proportionate response to a known and quantifiable risk.  There are also other safeguards in place for road safety, such as compulsory insurance and a legal framework to deal with criminal and civil liability of drivers.  

I'm not arguing we should get rid of vaccines, I think they should be used on vulnerable and at risk people provided that the benefits outweigh the risks and on the basis that they're safe.  

Is there any point to this vehicular rabbit hole you're going down?   It's a bizarre analogy and you're conflating a mish mash of issues which bear no practical resemblance to one another.

How do you measure the benefits and risks? By listening to Piers Corbyn, stealing medical supplies, choosing who gets the vaccine and who doesn’t, lottery, Facebook and twitter? Or like with vehicles do you have to go through the early stages of trial and error until a system is built that fits the problem. The driving test was first introduced in the 1930s.

And why is it ok for you and silly bollocks to post bizarre shit on this thread and not anyone else? Unless your argument is only one side of the fence is allowed to fling shit?

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How do you measure the benefits and risks?

And why is it ok for you and silly bollocks to post bizarre shit on this thread and not anyone else? Unless your argument is only one side of the fence is allowed to fling shit?

Lordy, so many questions.  Maybe assess the risks by actively monitoring adverse vaccine reactions instead of relying on self reporting systems.

You can post whatever rabbit hole nonsense you want, be my guest.

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Lordy, so many questions.  Maybe assess the risks by actively monitoring adverse vaccine reactions instead of relying on self reporting systems.

You can post whatever rabbit hole nonsense you want, be my guest.

Maybe? A suggestion to deal with a pandemic that’s killing people starts with the word maybe?

Any here we are questioning the worlds response to it and smart arse solutions start with the word maybe.

I’ll leave the rabbit hole bollocks to the rabbit hole experts. I’m sure there is a meme for that.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Maybe? A suggestion to deal with a pandemic that’s killing people starts with the word maybe?

Are you okay?  I think you need to do a lateral flow test.

Take the word "maybe" out if it helps you read and understand the sentence.