You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

54 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Lefties have become the new fascists and they're loving it. 

This rubbish pisses me off.

Have a look at the appalling anti-democratic and authoritarian shite cunts like Patel are forcing through Parliament, then tell me that a bit of cloth over your nose and mouth from time to time is a huge attack on our freedom.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This rubbish pisses me off.

Have a look at the appalling anti-democratic and authoritarian shite cunts like Patel are forcing through Parliament, then tell me that a bit of cloth over your nose and mouth from time to time is a huge attack on our freedom.

How do you define anti-democratic and authoritarian? As in people being forced to do things they don't want to and haven't voted for? 

Penny dropping yet? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's just 2 weeks to slow the spread.

It's just to flatten the curve.

It's just a mask.

It's just until a vaccine is available.

It's just until the elderly are vaccinated.

It's just until everybody is.

It's just one shot.

It's just 2 shots.

It's just a booster.

It's just another booster.

It's just a few restrictions on your ability to buy food, travel, exercise etc

It's just an app for your safety.

It's just a social credit score.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Let me guess what it says without reading it. 

You shouldn't be worried. Get the vaxx. Get another. Get the booster. 

Comical Ali / Baghdad Bob | Know Your Meme

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

How do you define anti-democratic and authoritarian? As in people being forced to do things they don't want to and haven't voted for? 

Penny dropping yet? 

Good point: I never voted for this pandemic. 

As for defining authoritarian:

- allowing "spy cops" to commit crimes with impunity 

- allowing the military to commit warcrimes with impunity 

- banning protests, on threat of 51 weeks in prison 

- stripping people of their citizenship (and all the rights that come with it) with no judicial process

- attacking the independence of the judiciary 

- restricting the right to vote 

- attacking the independence of the broadcast media 

These are some of the real things that are happening now in the real world.

I won't ask you if the penny's dropped.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A few direct quotes from this:-

•  it's too early to know about long-term outcomes of myocarditis linked to the vaccine
  • medicines regulators have chosen to give only one dose to children (yeah, I wonder how long that will last)
  • Overall, fully vaccinated people were about twice as likely to be diagnosed with myocarditis, compared with people who hadn’t been vaccinated
  •  Scientists have also worked hard to time the doses to maximise your protection against Covid-19 while minimising your risk of myocarditis (Really?  They just arbitrarily cut the gap between doses from six to three months because of OMG OMICRON)
  • We still need more research into myocarditis linked to the vaccine, including what any possible long-term effects might be. Although we don’t yet have all the answers, this isn’t necessarily a reason not to get the vaccine or not to get your child vaccinated (fuck it, just roll the dice eh?  What can go wrong...) 

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

A few direct quotes from this:-

•  it's too early to know about long-term outcomes of myocarditis linked to the vaccine
  • medicines regulators have chosen to give only one dose to children (yeah, I wonder how long that will last)
  • Overall, fully vaccinated people were about twice as likely to be diagnosed with myocarditis, compared with people who hadn’t been vaccinated
  •  Scientists have also worked hard to time the doses to maximise your protection against Covid-19 while minimising your risk of myocarditis (Really?  They just arbitrarily cut the gap between doses from six to three months because of OMG OMICRON)
  • We still need more research into myocarditis linked to the vaccine, including what any possible long-term effects might be. Although we don’t yet have all the answers, this isn’t necessarily a reason not to get the vaccine or not to get your child vaccinated (fuck it, just roll the dice eh?  What can go wrong...) 

Like anything else in medicine and public health, it's a balance of risks.

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

No, not like anything else. Brand new experimental mRNA technology.

Still having to balance risks, though. You (presumably) think that various governments and the scientific/medical community have got the balance wrong, but you can't really deny that it boils down to the risk of taking the vaccine versus the risk of not taking it.

32 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Penny dropping yet? 

I've been forced to do things that I haven't voted for for the majority of my life. As have the majority of people in this country, certainly those that don't vote Tory. 

Do you think our system of democracy (and that of every nation in the world) is anti-democratic and authoritarian, or just those that invoke Covid laws? 

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Still having to balance risks, though. You (presumably) think that various governments and the scientific/medical community have got the balance wrong, but you can't really deny that it boils down to the risk of taking the vaccine versus the risk of not taking it.

Absolutely, but it should be down to choice and with informed consent. The way we're going, we'll have neither. 

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've been forced to do things that I haven't voted for for the majority of my life. As have the majority of people in this country, certainly those that don't vote Tory. 

Do you think our system of democracy (and that of every nation in the world) is anti-democratic and authoritarian, or just those that invoke Covid laws? 

The system is broken but the glee with which this new imposition of draconian mandates is being accepted by supposed champions of democracy is the big shock. 

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

Absolutely, but it should be down to choice and with informed consent. The way we're going, we'll have neither. 

The "informed" bit is a major problem. For at least 6 years, the gang of charlatans who are currently in power have shown an absolute contempt for truth. People have become so numb to their lies and bullshit that whatever tiny, fragile shred of trust remained has gone and people find it hard to accept that these cunts can ever tell the truth. That's genuinely tragic, because during a pandemic, clear, trusted leadership could save tens of thousands of lives.

On 07/12/2021 at 01:10, Pureblood said:

It's making a prediction, not a conspiracy theory.  That's a blue tick account with a long posting history.  

I get it now. You're a parody account, starting this thread to out the easily-led, alt-right mob on here, with your talk about 'libtards' and 'snowflakes' and 'lamestream' media and how blue tick accounts with long posting histories are of any fucking significance when it come to trust.

Almost had me there!

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The "informed" bit is a major problem. For at least 6 years, the gang of charlatans who are currently in power have shown an absolute contempt for truth. People have become so numb to their lies and bullshit that whatever tiny, fragile shred of trust remained has gone and people find it hard to accept that these cunts can ever tell the truth. That's genuinely tragic, because during a pandemic, clear, trusted leadership could save tens of thousands of lives.

And yet you are happy to line up for their pharma chums to inject you with experimental drugs. Do you even read the stuff you post? 

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And yet everything they say when it comes to the medical treatment of Covid is accepted without question.