You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

47 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not a fan of that, either. I used to be partial to the occasional snarky "have you forgotten your meds" or whatever; then I had a look at the Depression thread and realised how many people are on meds for all kinds of horrible, haunting illnesses. Making light of other people's suffering is just not right.

These days, when I disagree with someone, I just call them a cunt.

Bit misogynistic that.  Go with something else.

Ministers have agreed a secrecy clause in any dispute with the drugs manufacturer Pfizer over Britain’s Covid vaccine supply. Large portions of the government’s contracts with the company over the supply of 189m vaccine doses have been redacted and any arbitration proceedings will be kept secret.

The revelation comes as Pfizer is accused by a former senior US health official of “war profiteering’’ during the pandemic. In a Channel 4 Dispatches investigation to be broadcast this week, Tom Frieden, who was director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under Barack Obama, said: “If you’re just focusing on maximising your profits and you’re a vaccine manufacturer … you are war profiteering.”

Zain Rizvi, research director at Public Citizen, a US consumer advocacy organisation which has examined Pfizer’s global vaccine contracts, said: “There is a wall of secrecy surrounding these contracts and it’s unacceptable, particularly in a public health crisis.”

Rizvi said the UK needed to explain why it had agreed to secret arbitration proceedings. He said: “It’s the only high-income country we have seen that has agreed to this provision. It allows pharmaceutical companies to bypass domestic legal processes.

“The UK government has allowed the drug firms to call the shots. How did we end up in a situation where a handful of drug firms were able to exert so much control over the most powerful governments in the world? It points to a broken system.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/05/wall-of-secrecy-in-pfizer-contracts-as-company-accused-of-profiteering

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You're the cunt who thinks people who buy cheap meat because they can't afford other more expensive cuts are the reason firms like two sisters pay atrocious wages.

You're nothing but a two bob cunt and im glad I'll always be on the opposite side to utter fucking shitstains like you.

Hey he's back. The only guy who is "Labour" but fully supportive of a right-wing coup because he got someone 90p extra in their pay packet. I'm glad we're on opposite ends of things because you're a deeply unpleasant cunt and as thick as pig shit with 2 short planks.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread. As you being stupid isn't a conspiracy theory.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Hey he's back. The only guy who is "Labour" but fully supportive of a right-wing coup because he got someone 90p extra in their pay packet. I'm glad we're on opposite ends of things because you're a deeply unpleasant cunt and as thick as pig shit with 2 short planks.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread. As you being stupid isn't a conspiracy theory.

Go fuck your mother.

One Conservative backbencher said it would be a “a big dead cat” – referring to the strategy of diverting attention away from a negative story – and “bring the whole Covid policy into disrepute”. They suggested Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, should “refuse to share a platform for this announcement”.

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

One Conservative backbencher said it would be a “a big dead cat” – referring to the strategy of diverting attention away from a negative story – and “bring the whole Covid policy into disrepute”. They suggested Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, should “refuse to share a platform for this announcement”.

On issues of public health, I'm torn between trusting the judgement of a Professor with relevant qualifications and experience up to his eyeballs or that of the Tory MP for Tarbuck-on-the-Lob.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On issues of public health, I'm torn between trusting the judgement of a Professor with relevant qualifications and experience up to his eyeballs or that of the Tory MP for Tarbuck-on-the-Lob.

Time will tell.

You're happy demonising and blaming a minority who have done nothing wrong.  

History will not judge you well. 

Behold, the steaming pile of hypocritical shite that is the Guardian. 

I used to be an avid reader of this rag back when it actually represented folks who voted Labour and gave us the news. Now it's just a crappy propaganda vehicle that doesn't allow comment. 

Post image