You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/120-children-hospitalized-province-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html

The most read Vietnamese newspaper. 

Your lack of ability to use google is not evidence of something being false. 

Thanks. 

Why not just post the source in the first place? Unsourced screenshots have no evidential value whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Like I said, a topic worthy of debate. You went straight in with “definitely man made” so your mate must have been sober enough to realise you were trying to stifle the discussion from the off. Maybe he should have battered you. 

Fair point, he should have comatosed me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Thanks. 

Why not just post the source in the first place? Unsourced screenshots have no evidential value whatsoever. 

Because the source is from the (ahem) )highly regarded centre of medical excellence that is Vietnam.

12 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Compared to yours it is obv. Such a load of tripe but it's allowed in this thread so crack on. 

You wade in here quoting posts and labeling them as bollocks. Then you call people dunce. Then you say it's all tripe. 

That's exactly why this thread was started - so people can give views without being belittled and insulted and shouted down. 

14 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Thanks. 

Why not take the 5 seconds required to look it up yourself before sneering and acting like you are superior?

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You wade in here quoting posts and labeling them as bollocks. Then you call people dunce. Then you say it's all tripe. 

That's exactly why this thread was started - so people can give views without being belittled and insulted and shouted down. 

I’ve simply given my view. If it’s OK for the goose then it’s OK for the gander. If you don’t like it, feel free to stop.

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think a far right wing politician who represents a party that is proven anti immigration, denies climate change, anti islam, anti gay marriage and courts some of the worst amongst us in their number, a number who have been accused of holocaust denial and has extreme literature handed out at it's political gathering is treading on pretty shakey ground by calling out proto fascism, in truth, there's a, what do you call it, hypocrisy about it.

Almost like shes trying to sway political opinion for her own ends by pointing out things she'd be guilty of if she had any real semblance of influence, but from where I'm sat it's pot calling the kettle black.

In answer to your actual point, are we walking towards something dangerous, yes, I've stated many times that we are and, perhaps, some things are being under cover of covid to allow no scrutiny, but the larger points about mandates and fascist states, you've lost me, it's hyperbolic nonsense dreamt up to confuse confused minds further.

We are in the middle of the biggest global health crisis in many generations and making stuff up on the hoof as planning and preparation were not in place, but do i trust the people involved at developmental level, yes, why would i not they have a very successful history. Do I trust the corporate arm, of course not, that would be silly, but are they deliberately doing this to keep people ill and keep the profits rolling in, nah, don't be soft. Do i trust the government, do I fuck, these are the worst people at the worst possible time, but are they killing by accident or design, c'mon, they are incompetent and so far out of their depth it's fucking embarrassing.

Has this been an unmitigated disaster, yes, apart from when the nerds came through with the goods which will stop more than necessary dying.

Anything else is conspiracy peddling and fear mongering.

Ok but I'm still not seeing you point out anything that she has said that is wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Ok but I'm still not seeing you point out anything that she has said that is wrong. 

She didn't state any facts, just her opinions, which in a nutshell goes like this: government mandated emergency measures in a health crisis (in another country) equal totalitarianism, reminiscent of a Nazi regime in the history her country.

You either agree or disagree with such hyperbole, there is nothing to refute here. You can only ask her what the alternative to the measures would be, and if she indeed comes from the AFD, she should be able to present it, at least for her own country.  

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There was plenty of discussion both ways about the lab leak theory. It’s hardly like it was on a par with 9/11 being an inside job. 

Pretty sure I posted that I agreed it came from the lab (in response to a damning article posted by someone else) and nobody here was insinuating I was batshit. It’s always been a topic worthy of debate. 

Yeah Greenwald goes a bit over the top at times but I still think he has good points there. There was enough of an influence from officials and backed by scientists writing in The Lancet that the whole thing was a conspiracy theory to the extent that Facebook were censoring and declaring it misinformation. Then later on we have :

Update on May 26, 2021 at 3:30PM PT:

In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured from our apps. We’re continuing to work with health experts to keep pace with the evolving nature of the pandemic and regularly update our policies as new facts and trends emerge.

https://about.fb.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-misinfo-update/

I remember saying more than once that it was fine for it to be classed as a conspiracy theory when Trump was looking into it, but once Biden did the same there was a big shift towards it being more acceptable. The whole stance was flimsy from the off and I'd not be surprised if there's several more things related to the pandemic that end up having the same movement eventually.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/120-children-hospitalized-province-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html

The most read Vietnamese newspaper. 

Your lack of ability to use google is not evidence of something being false. 

So what you're saying is a batch of vaccines were bad?

I never heard of batches of products being recalled by anyone before. This is the smoking gun we were after...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You're putting it forward as evidence of some minor point. It's your job to post fully readable sources. It's not our job to run around after you. 

So 120 kids getting vaccine injury is minor to you NT? You've lost sight of things m8. 

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

So what you're saying is a batch of vaccines were bad?

I never heard of batches of products being recalled by anyone before. This is the smoking gun we were after...

How could the vaccines be bad, I thought they were safe and effective?