You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

12 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not sure if this has been posted before , but pretty interesting imo

Glass houses and that...

''Alternative for Germany is a right-wing populist political party in Germany. AfD is known for its opposition to the European Union and immigration to Germany. It is positioned on the right-wing to radical right, a subset of the far right of the political spectrum within the family of European political parties.'

Like trusting this bloke...

5760.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

With advice on contraception because he's saying what you want to hear.

C'mon, check your sources.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Glass houses and that...

''Alternative for Germany is a right-wing populist political party in Germany. AfD is known for its opposition to the European Union and immigration to Germany. It is positioned on the right-wing to radical right, a subset of the far right of the political spectrum within the family of European political parties.'

Like trusting this bloke...

5760.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

With advice on contraception because he's saying what you want to hear.

C'mon, check your sources.

Whatever the source, the point stands. 

She's blob on. 

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Credit to RP. He kept the fire alive. 

Thanks, it was mainly the mandates and passes that did it for me and I still find it odd how little they're discussed. We get accused of peddling bullshit and some think they can just check here to have a laugh, but when facts are posted (and you can find plenty just from what's on page one of this thread) they're glossed over. Mandates and passes though are so obviously filled with errors that every day you can find instances that detail the negative and harmful effects they're having.

• Upvote 1

That COVID-19 infected humanity due to a zoonotic leap from a "wet market” in Wuhan — rather than a leak from a lab in the same Chinese city — was declared unquestionable truth at the start of the pandemic. For a full year, anyone dissenting from this narrative was deemed so irresponsible that they were banned from large social media platforms, accused of spreading "disinformation.” No debate about COVID's origins was permitted. It had been settled by The Science™. Every rational person who believed in science, by definition, immediately accepted at the start of the pandemic that COVID made a natural leap from bats or pangolins; that it may have escaped from a lab in Wuhan which just so happens to gather, study and manipulate novel coronaviruses in bats was officially declared a deranged conspiracy theory.

The reason this consensus was so quickly consecrated was that a group of more than two dozen scientists published a letter in the prestigious science journal Lancet in February, 2020 — while very little was known about SARS-CoV-2 — didactically declaring “that this coronavirus originated in wildlife.” The possibility that COVID leaked from the Wuhan lab was dismissed as a "conspiracy theory,” the by-product of “rumours and misinformation” which, they strongly implied, was an unfair and possibly racist attack on “the science and health professionals of China.”

In July of this year, The Lancet published a new letter from the same group which signed that seminal letter in February of last year. The July 2021 letter included two fundamentally new additions. First, the language about COVID's origins was radically softened from the smug certainty of the February letter that closed debate to humble uncertainty given the lack of proof. While continuing to affirm a belief that COVID was naturally occurring (“our working view” is “that SARS-CoV-2 most likely originated in nature and not in a laboratory"), they moved far away from the definitive posture of that original letter, acknowledging that “opinions are neither data nor conclusions” and urging further investigation on what they called “the critical question we must address now": namely, “how did SARS-CoV-2 reach the human population?” In other words, after telling the world in February that any questioning of the zoonotic origin was a malicious "conspiracy theory,” they now acknowledge it is “the critical question we must now address.”

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/to-deny-the-lab-leak-covid-theory

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Glass houses and that...

Blah blah blah waffle waffle

Yeah but what do you think about what she actually said? Any opinion on that? Or it doesn't count because it wasn't a view spoon fed to you by some acceptable lefty from the Guardian? 

2 hours ago, Pureblood said:

All forms of discussion are welcome and encouraged in the alt thread. 

The other thread is for terminal boredom, nodding along, chin stroking and saying "hmm, yes you're correct".

Bollocks.

36 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There was plenty of discussion both ways about the lab leak theory. It’s hardly like it was on a par with 9/11 being an inside job. 

Pretty sure I posted that I agreed it came from the lab (in response to a damning article posted by someone else) and nobody here was insinuating I was batshit. It’s always been a topic worthy of debate. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

There was plenty of discussion both ways about the lab leak theory. It’s hardly like it was on a par with 9/11 being an inside job. 

Pretty sure I posted that I agreed it came from the lab (in response to a damning article posted by someone else) and nobody here was insinuating I was batshit. It’s always been a topic worthy of debate. 

During the first lockdown I suggested to a mate in a WhatsApp conversation that it was definitely man made.  He was drunk, called me a Trump supporter and threatened to kick the shit out of me. 

18 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Yeah but what do you think about what she actually said? Any opinion on that? Or it doesn't count because it wasn't a view spoon fed to you by some acceptable lefty from the Guardian? 

I think a far right wing politician who represents a party that is proven anti immigration, denies climate change, anti islam, anti gay marriage and courts some of the worst amongst us in their number, a number who have been accused of holocaust denial and has extreme literature handed out at it's political gathering is treading on pretty shakey ground by calling out proto fascism, in truth, there's a, what do you call it, hypocrisy about it.

Almost like shes trying to sway political opinion for her own ends by pointing out things she'd be guilty of if she had any real semblance of influence, but from where I'm sat it's pot calling the kettle black.

In answer to your actual point, are we walking towards something dangerous, yes, I've stated many times that we are and, perhaps, some things are being under cover of covid to allow no scrutiny, but the larger points about mandates and fascist states, you've lost me, it's hyperbolic nonsense dreamt up to confuse confused minds further.

We are in the middle of the biggest global health crisis in many generations and making stuff up on the hoof as planning and preparation were not in place, but do i trust the people involved at developmental level, yes, why would i not they have a very successful history. Do I trust the corporate arm, of course not, that would be silly, but are they deliberately doing this to keep people ill and keep the profits rolling in, nah, don't be soft. Do i trust the government, do I fuck, these are the worst people at the worst possible time, but are they killing by accident or design, c'mon, they are incompetent and so far out of their depth it's fucking embarrassing.

Has this been an unmitigated disaster, yes, apart from when the nerds came through with the goods which will stop more than necessary dying.

Anything else is conspiracy peddling and fear mongering.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

From dubious sources to unsourced screenshots. 

I'm being more and more convinced by this irrefutable evidence we're being blessed with in this thread... 

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/120-children-hospitalized-province-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html

The most read Vietnamese newspaper. 

Your lack of ability to use google is not evidence of something being false. 

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

During the first lockdown I suggested to a mate in a WhatsApp conversation that it was definitely man made.  He was drunk, called me a Trump supporter and threatened to kick the shit out of me. 

Like I said, a topic worthy of debate. You went straight in with “definitely man made” so your mate must have been sober enough to realise you were trying to stifle the discussion from the off. Maybe he should have battered you. 

• Upvote 1