You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

37 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It certainly is quite echoey in here...

And, like the original thread, Iceman is still full of shit and spreading lies/conspiracy theories. 

The fourth dose is being "considered" in Israel and only for the "immunosuppressed." There's nothing to suggest that a failure to have the fourth jab will lead to a revocation of any sort of Covid pass. This is an unfounded conspiracy theory. 

Don't have the jab. Do have the jab. Not arsed. 

Just stop posting demonstrably untrue rubbish. 

It's like a QAnonce forum, this thread. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-said-to-consider-4th-covid-vaccine-dose-for-immunocompromised/

It's making a prediction, not a conspiracy theory.  That's a blue tick account with a long posting history.  

The fourth jab is being considered, and will likely be rolled out to the further population once immunity from the third jab starts to wane.  If you think that's a conspiracy theory, you should probably just have a lie down.

You are going into censorship overdrive. There's a big movement of people talking the way some of us talk on here, it goes way, way beyond what we are posting.  If you want to shut down all discussion on this thread, if I flounce and disappear (I'm not going to), it won't matter.  It will just spring up somewhere else, there are too many very clever and very qualified people talking about this kind of stuff on a global basis.

You're just pissed that it's not RedPhoenix on his own anymore, he would disappear and play an open world video game involving reptiles.  Now there's a few more of us.  

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Yeah I'm sure they'd never dream of making it mandatory to have a 4th jab. It's not the like the 3rd shot was originally announced as only for immunocompromised. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-12/israel-approves-3rd-vaccine-dose-for-immunocompromised-tv-says

Thanks for further confirming that the initial post you made on this topic is demonstrably untrue. 

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

It's making a prediction, not a conspiracy theory.  That's a blue tick account with a long posting history.  

The fourth jab is being considered, and will likely be rolled out to the further population once immunity from the third jab starts to wane.  If you think that's a conspiracy theory, you should probably just have a lie down.

You are going into censorship overdrive. There's a big movement of people talking the way some of us talk on here, it goes way, way beyond what we are posting.  If you want to shut down all discussion on this thread, if I flounce and disappear (I'm not going to), it won't matter.  It will just spring up somewhere else, there are too many very clever and very qualified people talking about this kind of stuff on a global basis.

You're just pissed that it's not RedPhoenix on his own anymore, he would disappear and play an open world video game involving reptiles.  Now there's a few more of us.  

Utter lunacy. 

His tweet makes no mention of the immunocompromised. That's by design. He's trying to scaremonger. 

And, language like "this will mean" isn't of the tone that suggests a prediction. It's a categorical statement.

Conspiracy theory. 

Good news for AstraZeneca cocktail lovers, not so much for pure Pfizer bro's:

Combining a first dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine with a second dose of either the Moderna or the Novavax jabs results in far higher levels of neutralising antibodies and T-cells compared with two doses of the AstraZeneca jab, a study has found.

The finding has important implications for lower-income countries that have not yet completed their primary vaccination campaigns, as it suggests you do not need access to mRNA vaccines – and therefore ultra-cold storage facilities – to trigger an extremely potent Covid-19 vaccine response.

The strongest T-cell response of all was generated by a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by a dose of the Novavax vaccine – both of which can be stored in a standard refrigerator.

The 1,070 British participants received a first dose of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, followed nine weeks later by a second dose of the same vaccine, or either the Moderna or Novavax jab.

While two doses of either the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine resulted in similar numbers of T-cells, levels of neutralising antibodies were 17 times higher among those who received the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by the Moderna vaccine and four times higher among those who received AstraZenaca followed by Novavax, compared with those who received two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

For those who started with the Pfizer jab, receiving a second dose of the Moderna vaccines jab resulted in 1.3 times as many neutralising antibodies than with two doses of Pfizer; while receiving Novavax as the second jab resulted in 20% fewer antibodies.

The study, published in the Lancet, also revealed differences in T-cell responses after combinations of different types of vaccines.

etc. etc.

22 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Myocarditis for you, then.

RIP. YNWA. Never heard of the cunt. etc.

12 hours ago, elvis said:

My wife was hospitalised for this after her booster 6 weeks ago . 

Just thought I'd say

A genuine vaccine injury glossed over and completely ignored.  Interesting.

Just now, skend04 said:

Myocarditis rates with 2 jabs 77 per 1m

Myocarditis rates from catching Covid 470 per million.

Now I'm no expert but isn't the incidence higher if you catch Covid than through taking the jab?

And yet here we are with an example of it from our small extended community. 

It's almost like it happens more often. 

10 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Utter lunacy. 

His tweet makes no mention of the immunocompromised. That's by design. He's trying to scaremonger. 

And, language like "this will mean" isn't of the tone that suggests a prediction. It's a categorical statement.

Conspiracy theory. 

I think you are not supposed to challenge the posts in this thread. It is assumed they are not factually accurate - that's why they are here. It is just to check the latest in the alternative facts universe.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SasaS said:

I think you are not supposed to challenge the posts in this thread. It is assumed they are not factually accurate - that's why they are here. It is just to check the latest in the alternative facts universe.

I thought the thread was an experiment to see how Batshit people can get.

I for one welcome and will enjoy this fresh approach to care in the community 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

All forms of discussion are welcome and encouraged in the alt thread. 

The other thread is for terminal boredom, nodding along, chin stroking and saying "hmm, yes you're correct".

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

All forms of discussion are welcome and encouraged in the alt thread. 

The other thread is for terminal boredom, nodding along, chin stroking and saying "hmm, yes you're correct".

Not much of that going on there before you decided to reactivate. Main difference is that the "alternative community" was largely quiet, except maybe for RP. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Credit to RP. He kept the fire alive. 

One thing I would like to ask though, here since you said you won't be replying in the other thread, what do you predict will happen with the Pfizer's and Merck's treatment pill, in terms of reception of the alternative community? Will this be accepted, or will it simply go the way of vaccines? Because at the moment, I would expect the influencers to be equally hostile to it, it will come down the same channel, big pharma - government and health care authorities - "mandates".

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

One thing I would like to ask though, here since you said you won't be replying in the other thread, what do you predict will happen with the Pfizer's and Merck's treatment pill, in terms of reception of the alternative community? Will this be accepted, or will it simply go the way of vaccines? Because at the moment, I would expect the influencers to be equally hostile to it, it will come down the same channel, big pharma - government and health care authorities - "mandates".

Good questions.

Tess Lawrie has spoken about this. According to her, most new drugs fail at the clinical trial stage and so in her view some of these new treatments are being rushed to the market. I value her opinions. 

Personally, I would be much more prepared to take the treatment pills than the vaccines so if I was ill with Covid and the ivermectin wasn't doing the trick, I would take the new treatments because at that stage what have you got to lose.

• Upvote 1