You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

54 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Not presenting myself as anything.  It was @The-Sir's request.

Not an echo chamber, all views are welcome in the .alt thread.  There'll be no censorship here. 

I was referring specifically to you suggesting that I was threatening you.

But now you mention it, there is an existing thread on this subject that, so far as I'm aware, you were free to post in, so why the need to set up an 'alternative' one, if not to serve as a haven from opposing views? Your views may have been mocked, but the same holds true for this thread.

You're not suggesting you and others with similar views were censored are you?

Just now, Jack the Sipper said:

I was referring specifically to you suggesting that I was threatening you.

But now you mention it, there is an existing thread on this subject that, so far as I'm aware you were free to post in, so why the need to set up an 'alternative' one, if not to serve as a haven from opposing views? You're not suggesting you and others with similar views were censored are you?

I was pissing everyone off in there, so I started this one instead.

What's the big deal?  Who made you judge Judy and jury? 

I do understand people being concerned about the speed of the vaccine's production but the tech has been around for decades and it's just been a case of the will and the money.

it's like the war isn't it? Where humanity went from horse drawn cannons to jet fighters and atomic weapons in six years. 

While I don't trust big corporations and our government to have my best interestes at heart, I think ours and the yanks' medical regulators are pretty shit hot, as are our academics and medical professionals who've pretty much all got the tools and abilities to scrutinize virtually every aspect of what's been developed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I do understand people being concerned about the speed of the vaccine's production but the tech has been around for decades, it's like the war isn't it? Where humanity went from horse drawn cannons to jet fighters atomic weapons in six years. 

While I don't trust big corporations and our government to have my best interestes at heart, I think ours and the yanks' medical regulators are pretty shit hot, as are our academics and medical professionals who've pretty much all got the tools and abilities to scrutinize virtually every aspect of what's been developed.

Our regulators overturned advice from the JCVI about vaccinating kids, I think they're susceptible to outside influences. 

Maybe the tech has been around for decades but this is the first time it has been injected into everyone at the same time.  

We used to get a daily briefing on Covid when it started.  Since the rollout of the vaccine, there hasn't been one briefing to the public on the safety of the vaccines either here or in the US.  Everything is downplayed.  Like when the AstraZeneca blood clots started, everyone was saying "no link, definitely no link, if you think there's a link you're in QAnon.  Oh, there's a link".  

The warning labels for these things are telling you they can harm you.  And still, people want to make them mandatory or have passports so you can sit in McDonald's and I can't.  You want fries with that?

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not sure how much of this is truth, bravado or genuine stupidity, but the jokes wearing very fucking thin.

I said people would soon be here to police the thread and off we go.

People wanted us out of the main thread then accuse us of having an echo chamber. The main thread is an echo chamber where others views aren't accepted, that's why this thread now exists. Now it's just any thread at all that has views threatening to the official narrative that's the issue.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’ll be fascinating watching the fall out.

The official narrative is already crumbling and has been for a while now, that's fascinating too. And it's also wearing thin to many people all over the world and the mandates make it worse as every day passes. The only things keeping it together are fear, propaganda and censorship.

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm confused 

Is this virus thread no 2 or a spread wild unstubstantiated theories and not be challenged thread?

It's pretty simple.

The first Corona thread was started by Stig, so that means you have to call someone, preferably @Strontium Dog™ a twat/cunt/colander/custard cream every other post if you'd like to post in that one.

This one was started by Pureblood, so that means you need to be pure of heart and mind (and blood) if you are posting in it.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It's pretty simple.

The first Corona thread was started by Stig, so that means you have to call someone, preferably @Strontium Dog™ a twat/cunt/colander/custard cream every other post if you'd like to post in that one.

This one was started by Pureblood, so that means you need to be pure of heart and mind (and blood) if you are posting in it.

Precisely.

Although the impure are welcome, too.  They're just not as... pure.  

5 hours ago, Iceman said:

Post image

It certainly is quite echoey in here...

And, like the original thread, Iceman is still full of shit and spreading lies/conspiracy theories. 

The fourth dose is being "considered" in Israel and only for the "immunosuppressed." There's nothing to suggest that a failure to have the fourth jab will lead to a revocation of any sort of Covid pass. This is an unfounded conspiracy theory. 

Don't have the jab. Do have the jab. Not arsed. 

Just stop posting demonstrably untrue rubbish. 

It's like a QAnonce forum, this thread. 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israel-said-to-consider-4th-covid-vaccine-dose-for-immunocompromised/

Yeah I'm sure they'd never dream of making it mandatory to have a 4th jab. It's not the like the 3rd shot was originally announced as only for immunocompromised. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-12/israel-approves-3rd-vaccine-dose-for-immunocompromised-tv-says

Keep living in your safe, secure, constantly goal post moving world of assurances from Govt and Big Pharma if it makes you feel better. It's not like you aren't considered vaxxed if you've only had 2 jabs. Oh wait a minute, yes it is. 

With New COVID Policy, Israel Redefines What It Means to Be Vaccinated

Starting today, Israel's Green Pass, which grants access to public spaces, won't be available to over a million Israelis who received their second vaccine shot more than six months ago.

The new policy, which comes two months after Israel began its national booster vaccination campaign, will lead to more than a million Israelis losing their Green Pass certificates. These are Israelis who received their second dose of the vaccine more than six months ago, and have so far not gotten their third shot. 

• Upvote 1