You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

52 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

We will indeed find out who was on the right side of history one day. I don't think it will be the people passively accepting the kind outright fascism proposed in Austria. 

Totalitarianism leads to atrocities and all sorts of other nasty consequences.  

We've already got a pretty good idea who will be on the right side of history. 

For example, when the qualified people came out and said masks help lessen the spread, the people who wore them are on the right side of history.  The people who came up with all manner of excuses such as "it's not 100% effective so what's the point", or "people are wearing them wrong so what's the point" or "this one non-peer reviewed study said masks give you AIDs" and other such shite to excuse not wearing will 100% be on the wrong side of history as they demonstrated they were too selfish to care about others in an emergency.  What happens in the future doesn't matter because they've already shown who they are. 

Just to add, mandatory vaccines don't sit well with me. I don't agree with it as things stand. Denying people access to my property and places I want to be because they are not vaccinated I'm fine though with as that's already in place with other vaccines, such as at my kids school for example.  So don't get vaccinated, but also don't complain if you can't go to certain places because the owner thinks said person is a dick.  That's their prerogative too.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Just to add, mandatory vaccines don't sit well with me. I don't agree with it as things stand. Denying people access to my property and places I want to be because they are not vaccinated I'm fine though with as that's already in place with other vaccines, such as at my kids school for example.  So don't get vaccinated, but also don't complain if you can't go to certain places because the owner thinks said person is a dick.  That's their prerogative too.

If my rights are infringed upon because of wobbly logic, half-truths and/or outright lies, I'll be complaining vociferously. 

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

If my rights are infringed upon because of wobbly logic, half-truths and/or outright lies, I'll be complaining vociferously. 

And I shall look out the window and vociferously laugh at you from inside the place I'm allowed go in. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah, we're all ignoring thousands and thousands of corpses!

I think they were both massive frauds, and in the last election they were both massive frauds and in the next it'll probably be the same too.

I don’t think you will get many arguments about trump being a fraud, same as Johnson is.

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

We've already got a pretty good idea who will be on the right side of history. 

For example, when the qualified people came out and said masks help lessen the spread, the people who wore them are on the right side of history.  The people who came up with all manner of excuses such as "it's not 100% effective so what's the point", or "people are wearing them wrong so what's the point" or "this one non-peer reviewed study said masks give you AIDs" and other such shite to excuse not wearing will 100% be on the wrong side of history as they demonstrated they were too selfish to care about others in an emergency.  What happens in the future doesn't matter because they've already shown who they are. 

I think 'Totalitarianism' and 'getting vaccinated to protect others as well as yourself' are two different arguments. Obviously,the nutters(not you) always try and tag on another more sensible point to try and water down their mental views.

8 hours ago, Boss said:

It's a bit rich mocking people for giving credibility to conspiracy theories when we've had many proven true during this pandemic.

1. The American / British government urged people not to wear masks at the beginning of the pandemic. This was deliberately false information at the time. They knew it was a respiratory virus, and transmission could be abated with proper mask-wearing protocols. Yet, they purposely misled people by telling them not to wear a mask, so they could scramble to get caregivers adequate PPE.

2. The origin of the virus proved the lab leak conspiracy theory to be true. WHO's fact-finding mission officially concluded that the virus came from the wet market claiming "there is zero evidence to support the theories that the virus was created in a lab". Some of the people sent to investigate by the WHO deliberately misled other investigators to steer clear of the Wuhan lab because they were being paid by the lab in question or were working with the Chinese state as part of the cover-up.

3. The conspiracy theory that the Chinese were murdering their own people to cover up the origins of the virus was also proven true, as prominent Chinese medical voices at the start of the pandemic disappeared without a trace for questioning the official narrative.

4. The conspiracy theory that the Chinese government were fabricating their death statistics and the number of COVID cases was also proven true. They were deliberately under-estimating them and claimed it was completely eradicated from Wuhan at one stage. A vlogger on the ground showed video footage of eight dead COVID victims in a minibus, proving these claims false. The vlogger in question got a visit from the CCP and was never seen again.

5. The conspiracy theory that Boris Johnson was happy to let old people die to avoid another lockdown was also proven true. Cummings confirmed that Boris said "I'd rather see the bodies piled high than go into another lockdown."

6. Whether Ivermectin works to reduce the virus or not will be proven in the fullness of time. Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials show it reduces mortality from COVID. However, the misinformation campaign carried out by the world press mocking the likes of Joe Rogan and painting Ivermectin purely as a veterinary drug (used for deworming animals) was clearly a lie. Ivermectin has been used in human beings for nearly 40 years.

Tbf no 1 was mostly down to us being governed by callous morons. 

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The very fact that you think you can ‘own’ a bridge is a sign of how you are just a sheepie meekly accepting the capitalist status quo. Wake up before it’s too late ! 

Don't take your lead of Rico, if we're talking of cranks he's the biggest one gracing the Internet.

"Severn bridges transfer to public ownership draws closer - GOV.UK" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/severn-bridges-transfer-to-public-ownership-draws-closer

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Don't take your lead of Rico, if we're talking of cranks he's the biggest one gracing the Internet.

"Severn bridges transfer to public ownership draws closer - GOV.UK" https://www.gov.uk/government/news/severn-bridges-transfer-to-public-ownership-draws-closer

I think that's one for the busy bastard's bitch thread. I like @Rico1304 but I am aware other opinions are available. 

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

(Use this thread in the future to remind yourself who all the nutters are.  If ever you need to sell a bridge, start with these guys)

This veiw might hold some weight if it didn't come from a man who voted for David Cameron, so by his own logic...

There will be no Happy Meal and toy for you, dirty unvaccinated little runt. 

Another announcement by Bill de Blasio this morning, which we underplayed a little in our earlier post, is that all children aged over five will soon need vaccine passports to enter restaurants, theatres, museums or arcades in New York City.

• Downvote 1