You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Nov 29 - Dec 3 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Monday Nov 29:

Some mad videos of shithousing doing the rounds over the last couple of days. I love all that, they’re great fun and the one of the Brazilian lad throwing himself to the floor after being touched on the back by the ref was great. I’m completely on board with all that. This one though....

Fucking hell, that’s just so bad. Doing that to your own team-mate is completely unacceptable, even if you hate him. It’s not about the lad he got sent off, it’s about leaving the rest of the team a man down and then that player also probably facing a further suspension. That goalkeeper is a massive cunt and I’d have sacked him on the spot if I was his manager.

The only other footballer on the planet I could envisage doing something like that is Richarlison. 

Meanwhile, how funny was that Carragher / Keane argument yesterday! Carragher was right and Keane was talking nonsense, but not too many pundits would have taken him on over it and that was just great TV. Keane was wound up even before that, he had a face like thunder when he was talking about what Carrick said post-match and that segment was absolute gold.

Keane is great. He’s not there to be calm, collected and making salient, incisive points on tactics. He’s an entertainer and he entertained. So did Carra. And just as funny as those two was how cool Hasselbaink was sat in the middle of them. Sensational stuff. Shit, I even laughed at Neville’s video in reply to it.

So Messi won the Balon d’Or again. The problem with this award is it should be awarded at the end of each season, because this just looks stupid really because Messi has done fuck all since going to PSG and then you have Mo on fire for us. So this looks ridiculous, but Messi’s numbers for the year are actually really impressive and he led Argentina to the Copa America title.

There’s a decent argument that he deserved it based on the criteria they use that they got this right, but it just doesn’t feel right does it? Poor Lewandowski. He got screwed over last year and he had a strong case this time too. 

You know what the mad thing is though? The importance that this thing is given when it was decided by coaches and national team captains who are not impartial, and random journalists from around the world who most of us have probably never heard of? Now it’s back to just journalists voting again, but for all we know it could be the French and German equivalent of Garth Crooks and Paul Merson voting on this. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

I deffo haven’t doubted my “Big Nat is class” take. He’s not the same player by any means but he reminds me of Carra because his strengths are mental and his technique is wildly underrated. I’d most definitely put a buy back clause into any deal to let him go. 

Haha that video is from Stavanger. I went to the last home game of the season today with the mayor, but I left at half time because it was freezing cold and I'm not really interested in Viking. They secured 3rd place today though and will play in the Europa League next season. 

20211205_170226.jpg

20211205_170230.jpg

11 minutes ago, dave u said:

Whats the story with the keeper then? Is he known for being a tit?

He’s on loan from Brentford, he’s just played 7 games, but he’s been pretty good for Viking. He’s young, 21 years old, originally from Iceland. Think it was unlucky really, they sorted it straight after the game as far as I know. 

I’ve just watched him once before myself, in that game he got sent off after 19 minutes so his short Viking career har been adventurous so far.

That said, Viking are interested in making the move permanent, so it cant be that bad. 

https://www.altomfotball.no/element.do?cmd=match&matchId=1071878&tournamentId=1&seasonId=343&useFullUrl=false

• dave u unpinned this topic