You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC Milan (A) - CL, Tue 7th Dec 2021 (8:00pm)

Trumo

13 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Possible last 16 opponents:

Paris Saint Germain

Inter Milan

Sporting Lisbon 

Villareal/Atalanta

Salzburg/Sevilla/Lille

Barcelona/Benfica

Juventus - if they finish second as we cannot draw Chelsea. 

Smashing Barcelona would be lovely, a cricket score over two legs considering the state they're in.

Apart from PSG, who can turn it on at times, we should be confident of taking any of them.

35 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Smashing Barcelona would be lovely, a cricket score over two legs considering the state they're in.

Apart from PSG, who can turn it on at times, we should be confident of taking any of them.

I think we'd batter PSG much more than we would against Sevilla or Inter. You can't defend with seven players against us. 

People are saying its all about money but it isn't. 

We ran top European teams ragged under Houllier, including Milan with those high flying big spenders Moores/Parry. We did it with players like Biscan and Traore. 

Its also about attitude, pride and identity. Milan didn't seem to have any. It was painful to behold. 

25 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Makes you wonder why they wanted ESL.

I suppose they wanted the guaranteed income every year rather than missing out on the top 4 or not making it out the group stages.

But the competition would be shite with no relegation and the repetitive nature of playing Barcelona every year or playing them in Miami or Baku. 

The TV money will be anything between £15m-£20m and we average around £2m a game gate receipts for a CL game on top of the money mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

We ran top European teams ragged under Houllier, including Milan with those high flying big spenders Moores/Parry. We did it with players like Biscan and Traore. 

Its also about attitude, pride and identity. Milan didn't seem to have any. It was painful to behold. 

A great post, in full.

Can someone please explain it to me?

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

But without money we didn't sustain it.

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Possible last 16 opponents:

Paris Saint Germain

Inter Milan

Sporting Lisbon 

Villareal/Atalanta

Salzburg/Sevilla/Lille

Barcelona/Benfica

Juventus - if they finish second as we cannot draw Chelsea. 

Sporting. Then Inter. Then Atletico. Then Real in St. Petersburg.

4 hours ago, m0e said:

A great post, in full.

Can someone please explain it to me?

It related to a previous discussion about Milan. I said they are in a sad state, some other people said its because of the difference in money between Italy and England and I was pointing out that when we didn't have money we showed a lot of character and effort in Europe so it isn't just about money. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

I would be more careful with PSG. That’s the same team almost  we faced a couple of years, and that was close. M’Bappé is at his best right now, and you never know what could happen.

Sporting looks great !

Sporting all day every day.

PSG has some scary ability going forward.