You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you swap Origi for Traore?

Jose Jones

Origi for Traore?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap?

I’m definitely on the Adama Traore love train. Admittedly it’s a train that currently gets to its destination in record time only to do this.

5809EF99-8992-4B02-80D2-9FBF01996E8D.gif

But Klopp could sort it out. Remember at the start of Mo’s first season when we were all saying ‘if he improved his finishing a bit he’d be one hell of a player’

Traore has a USP - his unplayable speed and strength from a standing start.  Nobody else has his ability to do this, it comes from his natural build. If Klopp could harness it to its full potential, develop his game and successfully integrate him into the team it would give a new dimension to what is already a formidable team.  

Origi, as much as I like him, does not have the same potential in his respective position as centre forward.  What he brings to the team could theoretically be replaced.  Therefore, the swap would make sense on that basis.  

Independently of Origi we should be interested in Traore, anyway.  With an expiring contract and his unique ability, we should be considering a January or summer swoop. 

27 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Traore has a USP - his unplayable speed and strength from a standing start.  Nobody else has his ability to do this, it comes from his natural build. If Klopp could harness it to its full potential, develop his game and successfully integrate him into the team it would give a new dimension to what is already a formidable team.  

Origi, as much as I like him, does not have the same potential in his respective position as centre forward.  What he brings to the team could theoretically be replaced.  Therefore, the swap would make sense on that basis.  

Independently of Origi we should be interested in Traore, anyway.  With an expiring contract and his unique ability, we should be considering a January or summer swoop. 

Origi has the advantage of being a footballer rather than an Olympic sprinter though.

Jurgen and the coaching staff would improve Traore 100%. They'd probably drum it into him that being the speed merchant and big build that he is, counts for zip if there's no end product.

Would I take even an improved Traore over Div? I dont know. If / when Div moves on and we did sign Traore, I dont think we'd see the mediocre player at Wolves. How many people would have bought Jota?

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

For Villa, Boro and Wolves, Traore has 12 goals in 187 league games.

In 150 Premier League games he has 14 assists and 7 goals.

Klopp can get the best out of players, but he can't draw out something that isn't there in the first place.

Exactly, he's fucking turd.

46 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

For Villa, Boro and Wolves, Traore has 12 goals in 187 league games.

In 150 Premier League games he has 14 assists and 7 goals.

Klopp can get the best out of players, but he can't draw out something that isn't there in the first place.

I think that's misguided. At villa, boro and wolves the lad hasnt had a manager the quality of Jurgen. Jurgen recently said the two players he's had who have improved the most are Div and Lewandowski so the scope is there for any player.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I think that's misguided. At villa, boro and wolves the lad hasnt had a manager the quality of Jurgen. Jurgen recently said the two players he's had who have improved the most are Div and Lewandowski so the scope is there for any player.

Lewandowski was scoring for fun before he signed for Dortmund. Origi was scoring at a much higher rate than Traore before Klopp arrived.  In both of those cases, it's fair to say that Klopp had something to work with.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

And Nat Phillips 

43 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Lewandowski was scoring for fun before he signed for Dortmund. Origi was scoring at a much higher rate than Traore before Klopp arrived.  In both of those cases, it's fair to say that Klopp had something to work with.

Div was voted into that team of worst players ever just before or just after he joined us.

Look, Im not trying to change your mind. Your entitled to your view. Im just saying Jurgen and the coaching staff would make him a better player and just because he has poor figures working for lesser managers and lesser teams doesnt mean he isnt a rough diamond waiting to be polished.

And if Jurgen did sign him, Im pretty confident I wouldnt be the one backstroking.

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

And Nat Phillips 

Yeah, I think I miised Nat!

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Div was voted into that team of worst players ever just before or just after he joined us.

He was voted second most overrated (not worst) player in France. It might seem like splitting hairs, but it's a significant difference.  A lot of Bloos like to claim that Div was voted the worst, conveniently forgetting that it was a "most overrated" list that featured Lucas Digne.

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Look, Im not trying to change your mind. Your entitled to your view. Im just saying Jurgen and the coaching staff would make him a better player and just because he has poor figures working for lesser managers and lesser teams doesnt mean he isnt a rough diamond waiting to be polished.

And if Jurgen did sign him, Im pretty confident I wouldnt be the one backstroking.

Yeah, I think I miised Nat!

He's 25. If he really was a rough diamond, he would have shown more by now. I've no doubt that Klopp and our coaches (and the PEDs, of course) could improve him, but I don't think there's enough raw material to turn him into the player we need.

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's 25. If he really was a rough diamond, he would have shown more by now. I've no doubt that Klopp and our coaches (and the PEDs, of course) could improve him, but I don't think there's enough raw material to turn him into the player we need.

How would those PEDs react to the steroids he's already on?