You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you swap Origi for Traore?

Jose Jones

Origi for Traore?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap?

Trent Alexander-Arnold's thoughts:

“It’s almost not human the way [Traore] can change direction and go. I’ve never felt so powerless against someone.

“People are faster than you, that’s inevitable, but you can get yourself in good positions, give yourself a head start and get yourself in the race. But with him, and with his power as well, there’s nothing you can really do.

“I remember last season when he came on at Anfield. He’s just turned and knocked it, and he was gone. I’ve never felt like that before!”

19 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Lot of paper talk about a January move to Liverpool and he has 18 months left on his deal. 

Because his agent is trying to get us a deal. There's more chance we're after djimi traore. 

19 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Klopp’s comments suggested he is a fan of the speedy forward when saying: “They defended deep with a lot of players and go for counter attacks and it’s really difficult as there’s no-one as quick as [Adama] Traore.

Which part of that suggests klopp rates him? He says he's fast. Which he is. So was usian bolt and klopp never tried to sign him when he tried to become a footballer. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

What author? It was your post. 

I was lazy and didn't copy the link, was hoping the use of italics and a different font size would give it away.  It was from some sporty website.

But to me, it's obvious that our players and Klopp rate Traore.  TAA's comments are a clear indicator of that and he is often expressly referenced in post/pre-match comments.  

13 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I was lazy and didn't copy the link, was hoping the use of italics and a different font size would give it away.  It was from some sporty website.

But to me, it's obvious that our players and Klopp rate Traore.  TAA's comments are a clear indicator of that and he is often expressly referenced in post/pre-match comments.  

I don't think klopp is remotely interested in him. If he was, he'd be a Liverpool player now. 

Traore has pace, power and skill. He'd give us more options.

Origi is a good option coming off the bench - but we need more than that. We need someone to rotate; someone to come in for the full 90 when we have injuries. Origi isn't that calibre for a top of the table club.

Traore's more a replacement for Oxo-Chambo though, than a centre forward.

"Legend - Divock Origi. Absolutely great. He is just an outstanding player, that's how it is. He has these qualities, his finishing is incredible. He did so many great things for Liverpool already, this will be in the book as well.

“He's one of the best finishers I've ever seen in my life"

Not sure why this is even being discussed really

No. I don’t think Traore would fit and, while Origi is used sparingly, I think he’s proven time and time again to have plenty of value as a sub. It was like time slowed down when he got the ball yesterday - even before the turn, there was just no doubt he’d score. It was every bit the banker it would have been if Fowler received it in the same spot, but the same time, you’d know the team was in a less than ideal situation if Divock suddenly had to start every game.

Brilliantly strange player.

22 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think klopp is remotely interested in him. If he was, he'd be a Liverpool player now. 

Exactly.

We went to wolves to splash 40m on Jota while Traore is still there. The scouts or laptop guys must have thoroughly assessed the situation with Klopp and rightly came to the conclusion that Adama was all fart, no poo. Ironically his end product is endlessly poo.

• Upvote 1

I reckon Klopp definitely likes Traore. It was notable how quick we were to swarm him whenever he got the ball on Saturday.

He’s limited, but he’s often unstoppable without fouling if he gets a run at a defence. For all his flaws, he’s unique. I reckon Jurgen would definitely see a role for him, maybe in that pre-injury Ox position. 

Won’t be happening though unless his contract is running down or something. 

• Upvote 1