You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you swap Origi for Traore?

Jose Jones

Origi for Traore?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap?

12 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

My Wolves (and beans) supporting mate just text me that he hopes Traore plays well so that we buy him in January.

Which made me think, for our 5th choice forward would you swap Big Div for Dave’s ex-boy?

Repped - excellent jinxing skills

• Upvote 1

Against a team today tailored made for his game he had 34 touches - 2 dribbles and lost the ball 5 times.

Someone mentioned dribbling stats that were greater than anything Messi had - no chance. 

Traore is hardly slaloming through folks into the penalty area with the ball glued to his foot.

A typical "great" dribbling sequence for Traore is he kicks it past one fella - a little too far but gets to it quick enough that he can turn off another guy - end up going towards his own goal and then passing it to the opposition.

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Against a team today tailored made for his game he had 34 touches - 2 dribbles and lost the ball 5 times.

Someone mentioned dribbling stats that were greater than anything Messi had - no chance. 

Traore is hardly slaloming through folks into the penalty area with the ball glued to his foot.

A typical "great" dribbling sequence for Traore is he kicks it past one fella - a little too far but gets to it quick enough that he can turn off another guy - end up going towards his own goal and then passing it to the opposition.

Exactly. Worrying thing is that Klopp has the hots for him. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't know what they are these days but a couple of seasons ago someone posted a list of the top dribblers in Europe. Adama was averaging 9 dribbles/90, the next closest was Messi on 5.5.

I wasn't suggesting he's anything like Messi, actually, the complete opposite. Traore is usually doing his dribbles around the halfway line where he has space to get up the speed to run at a fullback. When it comes closer to the penalty area where you need that balance and technique to dribble, he doesn't do it nearly as often. And even though he can seemingly go past almost anyone with the ball when he's in space, he's utterly useless once he goes past them. 

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Have we got a option of extending it or something was sure I read he was out of contract this year. 

The club stated it as a long term deal in 2019, which already implies its longer than 3 years.

Reports since have all stated 2024.

No official word has even hinted that this is his last season.

Traore is one of those players where stats are deceptive. He doesn't score goals or create assists but he's man of the match in most of the games he plays. Three of our players swarm him as soon as he gets the ball because Klopp knows you cannot put one man on Traore. 

Most teams can get away with that tactic because there isn't really any quality in the Wolves team barre possibly Jimenez. If he played here and the opposition put three players on him, that'd leave room for players like Thiago, Henderson, Jota, Salah and Mane to exploit. They'd get ripped apart.

I like him. He's the definition of a Heavy Metal footballer.  I can see why others don't want us to sign him though. He's a player with a very specific purpose. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Boss said:

Traore is one of those players where stats are deceptive. He doesn't score goals or create assists but he's man of the match in most of the games he plays. Three of our players swarm him as soon as he gets the ball because Klopp knows you cannot put one man on Traore. 

Most teams can get away with that tactic because there isn't really any quality in the Wolves team barre possibly Jimenez. If he played here and the opposition put three players on him, that'd leave room for players like Thiago, Henderson, Jota, Salah and Mane to exploit. They'd get ripped apart.

I like him. He's the definition of a Heavy Metal footballer.  I can see why others don't want us to sign him though. He's a player with a very specific purpose. 

I think that's a good summary of why he can be a very dangerous player. 

The argument against that though is he's just not a player that melds into a collective. He's a soloist who goes on runs on his own, a one man counter. When you watch him play, it's very much just that. There's not much combining with other players, not much defending. His sole purpose is to run with the ball.

He actually reminds me of Ben Arfa in a way. Ben Arfa was incredibly talented and everyone would always say he should play for a big team because of his awesome technique. Except, he just did his own thing and was never suited to play in a high level structured team. Traore is similar to me. He's always impressive, you always have to stop him and you always wonder how good he could be but he'll likely never be a complete enough player. And maybe there was a doubt over that a couple years ago, but now it's getting clear. If he didn't mind simply being an impact sub, he would be great at that, though.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think that's a good summary of why he can be a very dangerous player. 

The argument against that though is he's just not a player that melds into a collective. He's a soloist who goes on runs on his own, a one man counter. When you watch him play, it's very much just that. There's not much combining with other players, not much defending. His sole purpose is to run with the ball.

He actually reminds me of Ben Arfa in a way. Ben Arfa was incredibly talented and everyone would always say he should play for a big team because of his awesome technique. Except, he just did his own thing and was never suited to play in a high level structured team. Traore is similar to me. He's always impressive, you always have to stop him and you always wonder how good he could be but he'll likely never be a complete enough player. And maybe there was a doubt over that a couple years ago, but now it's getting clear. If he didn't mind simply being an impact sub, he would be great at that, though.

Yeah, I agree. Ben Arfa's a great comparison by the way. 

5 hours ago, dave u said:

I'm abstaining.

I know what I'd do, but there's no way I'm disrespecting the legend by actually voting for it.

Does Traore have pictures of you dressed in a sexy maid costume and in bed with a donkey? Because nothing else explains your sad devotion to this headless chicken.

Love the match reports but I suppose every man has a blind spot.

• Upvote 1