You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 27 - Dec 2 2021)

tlw content

The biggest game of the weekend came on Sunday so I’ll start with that and then circle back to Saturday’s games afterwards.

I didn’t give United much of a chance of getting anything at Chelsea so that draw was a welcome surprise. I’m not sure they deserved it but I don’t care. How they play is not my concern but if they can pick up any kind of result that helps us then great. It would have been better if they’d managed to hold onto their lead and hadn’t conceded a stupid fucking penalty, but they took two points off Chelsea so that’ll do.

They were under pressure for most of the game but coped fairly well. Not having Maguire and Shaw back there doing their Chuckle Brothers act obviously helped but unfortunately for them, Wan Bassaka was still there shitting all over the lawn. He’s terrible him. He was actually better at Palace than he is now. The biggest myth in football is that he's such a great defender. Just because he loves a slidey and is difficult to dribble past on the outside does not make him a great defender.

Being dogshit going forward always boosts a full back's defensive reputation though as everyone assumes if you can't attack then you must be boss at defending or why else would you be in the team? Wan-Bissaka can't attack or defend. He attacks like Tony Hibbert and defends like Luke Shaw.

United held out until half time and then took the lead early in the second half when Jorginho made a mess of dealing with a high ball when he was last man, and Sancho ran clear to score. The mental thing about that goal was the part Rashford played in it. He was up there in support of Sancho and should have been the recipient of a square ball and tap in. 

You could see Sancho wanted to roll it to him as he looked across a couple of times. The problem was Rashford was offside the entire way from halfway to the edge of the box. He never got himself behind the ball at any point, the soft twat. That’s the worst piece of off the ball forward play I’ve seen since that Richarlison fucktard earlier in the season.

Sancho was savvy enough to realise and didn’t give him the ball. Instead he kept his cool and scored himself. What was Rashford thinking though? Probably worrying about hungry kids again instead of ‘concentrating on his footy’ like twitter keeps telling him to.

A United win would have been great for us as we’d have closed the gap to Chelsea to just a single point. The useless pricks couldn’t hold on though and Wan Bissaka recklessly swung out a leg and caught Thiago Silva. Predictably, Jorginho converted the pen.

The big talking point was Carrick leaving out Ronaldo. It’s amazing that this was such a story. I thought Carragher had it right. He’s a 36 year old striker who doesn’t do anything to help a team defensively. He isn’t going to play every single game and an away match against the league leaders where you’re likely to be under the cosh seems like a logical game to leave him out. It was going to be all hands to the pump against Chelsea so Carrick (or Rangnick) left him on the bench with the intention of maybe bringing him on to counter attack late on. But because of the ‘name’ it’s a story. How dare you leave Ronaldo out!

Roy Keane was incredulous about it and got into a shouting match with Carra afterwards. I buzz off Keane, he’s hilarious, but he was talking bollocks here and was contradicting himself. Usually he talks sense but he lost all perspective because he just wanted to hammer Carrick about anything and everything. He had a proper cob on after seeing Carrick’s post match interview and at one point Haselbaink and Carra were looking at each other and giggling like school kids as Keane let rip. 

He defo has no time for Carrick. I thought they were former team-mates but it turns out they aren’t. Carrick actually replaced Keane at Old Trafford and even took his shirt number. Hard as it seems to imagine, could it be that Keane is still bearing a grudge after all these years? Nah, surely not. He doesn’t seem the type.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watched more footy than usual last weekend and the main thing I noticed was that every game had a string of players staying down from minimal contact. It's got to ridiculous levels , and it seems accepted that if you get the slightest touch or flicked across the face you require the trainer. I'm quite proud of our lot , can barely remember what our magic sponge-guy looks like.

• Upvote 4

• dave u pinned this topic

Great round up of a load of games, Dave.

I agree with you about Graham Potter - Brighton are always well organised. He might be the 4th best manager in the PL (he's better than Brendan & Gollum, anyway).

Bonus nostalgia point for the old orange balls for winter footie matches analysis.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic