You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) – Sat 4th Dec 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Thought we played well. Created 3 good chances(Trent, Robertson, Jota) then 3 sitters(Jota, Salah, Mane) and then the Jota shocker. The midfield was at it's most complete, didn't give the ball away and anytime we lost it, they swarmed to stop Wolves getting out or committed good professional fouls. It was the type of thing we didn't do enough of against West Ham and Brighton, so I was really pleased to see it. We had to have been under instruction to make sure Traore wasn't allowed to break on us and he practically never was. I only remember one minor Alisson save and no other chances for them.

We looked like the champions today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Mark Walters on Radio Merseyside said Wolves were never in the game and deserved nothing from it. Spot on. 

They were good in the 1st half at the back. Except then, they continued creating nothing on the counter and started faking injuries every 10 minutes. So yeah in the end, they deserved fuck all.

On 02/12/2021 at 20:23, Trumo said:

Often after dishing out a hiding to somebody, we are a little flat. Maybe it’s also the opposition working hard to not fall into the same trap as our previous opponents. Either way, we can continue to make strides as long as the attitude and application is spot on. Do what we know we can do, and we can come away from the West Black Country another 3 points better off. Go out there and get it done.

I didn't watch the game but I strongly suspect the problem lay with our execution than our application. Between the 90s and the Klopp era, we were in the habit of laying an egg in the game that followed a brilliant performance and result. The issue was always a lack of application. In the Klopp era, when we have come a little unstuck it has been down to bad decision-making in promising situations. The effort and application have generally always been there to get ourselves in those positions. We were even doing this during that monumental run of 26 wins and a draw in the title-winning season.

This win puts us top of the league for a couple of hours at least. I don't expect Watford to break the habit of a lifetime and not get bummed senseless by Sportwash FC so we'll more than likely be in second place tonight.