You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Everton 1 Liverpool 4 - Match Reaction

tlw content

That's 18 straight games scoring two goals or more now for the Reds as Everton went the way of Manchester United and were humiliated in front of their own fans by Kloppo's boys.

Chris Smith is joined by Julian Richards and TLW Editor Dave Usher to bask in the glory of another incredibly satisfying win. Hendo's magnificence, Salah's ruthlessness, Jota's resemblance to a Liverpool goalscoring legend of the past, and of course Rafa Benitez are among some of the topics covered. You really don't want to miss this one.  

View full article

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic
1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I'd forgotten about the air raid siren. What the fuck is that all about? It's like WWF. Actually it's more tin pot WCW. 

"It's to drown out the boos" haha. 

It's to remind them of those halcyon war years when they were unbeaten and nobody finished above them. 

• Upvote 2

Just halfway through now and I’ve stopped to come on here and endorse Smithy’s “Get Ed on the pod” shout. Can’t say that since Covid when he finally stopped going that I’ve ever missed Eddie’s jokes (Dave’s got that covered, to be fair); but I definitely miss his stories about the pre-80s teams I never saw. Got to be honest, I miss his pronunciation of players’ names too. So can we have a pod where he compares current players to lads from the 60s?

Either way, Eddie on the podcast is a fucking great shout. I’d really enjoy that. That generation of fans have got so many stories the generations below have never heard. Let’s share them while we can. I sit next to another Eddie at the game who’s in his 80s and has been going for seventy years and also can’t say players’ names (apparently we’ve got a lad called Alicante in the middle now whose passing he absolutely loves). I buzz off his tales of players and games I’ve quite often never even heard of before. 

So, great shout Chris. Your dad on the pod, Dave: make it happen!

• Upvote 2

Lots of nice comments so far, so thanks for that. But what'd really help is spreading the word, sharing with your mates and other communities you might post on beyond TLW. If you can subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and whatever platform you listen on, it'll help push us up the rankings and reach more people. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chris said:

Lots of nice comments so far, so thanks for that. But what'd really help is spreading the word, sharing with your mates and other communities you might post on beyond TLW. If you can subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and whatever platform you listen on, it'll help push us up the rankings and reach more people. 

Yeah this. Word of mouth is the only way we're going to reach more people. 

• dave u unpinned this topic