You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas 2021

Bjornebye

22 hours ago, Dave D said:

At the high risk of embarrassing myself, whats the tall black thing. Ive spent far too long trying to work it out. 

It's called a monolith mate. It's there to speed up intergalactic sentience and tell the Firstborn that the humans have left Earth. In this case, it sends a relay to let them know when Carvalho has entered the kitchen. It's of galactic importance to stop the proliferation of the egg abomination.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Left things a bit late this year. Normally done by now but I’ve just braved the shopping in Cambridge for all the chocolate, stocking fillers and other little bits for the kids. 

Fucking knackered now. She can wrap it all up. I’m having no part of it. 

Hate to tell you this but you've already had a part in it if you have been traipsing around shops buying stuff.

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Hate to tell you this but you've already had a part in it if you have been traipsing around shops buying stuff.

I ended up filling a trolley full of shite in B&M. I went through the checkout, packed it, put it all in the car and then had to go back in a second time for a few more bits. 

• Upvote 1

Everything but the girl were tedious shite, I hated them. 

Anyone making something a bit different or experimental this year? I'm hoping for something that reaches the level of Paul's Welsh rarebit puff pastries from about 12 Christmases ago

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Everything but the girl were tedious shite, I hated them. 

Anyone making something a bit different or experimental this year? I'm hoping for something that reaches the level of Paul's Welsh rarebit puff pastries from about 12 Christmases ago

There is a killer meatless dish in one of the past Holiday threads.

Chestnut/Blue Cheese Wellington.

Cannot recommend it enough - have made it the last few years.

• Upvote 1

I've just discovered it's not a public holiday in Vietnam. That means I'll be facing a room full of 7 year olds at 7.15 in the morning and 3 more classes during the day.

On the plus side, one of their mums is providing a duck. Oven ready, all I have to do is take the head and feet off (they eat them here).  They've been out in the flooded paddies cleaning up all the spilt rice, insects and snails. They're enormous (my last one was over 3kg) and incredibly tasty.

IMG_20211121_145115.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I've just discovered it's not a public holiday in Vietnam. That means I'll be facing a room full of 7 year olds at 7.15 in the morning and 3 more classes during the day.

On the plus side, one of their mums is providing a duck. Oven ready, all I have to do is take the head and feet off (they eat them here).  They've been out in the flooded paddies cleaning up all the spilt rice, insects and snails. They're enormous (my last one was over 3kg) and incredibly tasty.

IMG_20211121_145115.jpg

A Vietnamese mother providing a...ah Duck, duck you say, got it. 

Still, good news about pulling the head off it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

IMG_20211121_145115.jpg

The red sign on the left, next to a garbage bag, is a no dumping rubbish sign.

Some things are universal.