You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas 2021

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m very fortunate in that my wife genuinely doesn’t expect a lot. She’s very low-maintenance, isn’t into expensive shoes, handbags, etc. Which is just as well as I haven’t got a pot to piss in these days.

Same here. The flip side is that it's hard to actually think of something that she wants; books, chocolates and... then what?

On 07/12/2021 at 23:50, Rico1304 said:

We’re doing a Christmas thing with a local kids charity. We get allocated a family and donate money and then buy them gifts and food hampers.  The charity then distribute it.

We were set a target of £80 for our teams family and we’ve got a lot more than that. I’m also trying to get a laptop and a couple of phones from IT. 

The lad in the family is a goal keeper so we are getting him some decent gloves. Had to keep very quiet on a call today when people were asking ‘ does anyone know how big a 12 yr olds hands are?’ 

What a great idea to have some idea of who you’re buying for, rather the bins you get in shops collecting people’s unwanted tat

My local started playing all the Christmas crap music in the background at the end of November. I'm sitting in there with my phone headphones listening to Spotify with Airplane, Dylan, Dead, CSNY etc on.

Some think I'm a real miserable twat I suppose.

But I'm a happy miserable twat.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

My local started playing all the Christmas crap music in the background at the end of November. I'm sitting in there with my phone headphones listening to Spotify with Airplane, Dylan, Dead, CSNY etc on.

Some think I'm a real miserable twat I suppose.

But I'm a happy miserable twat.

Keep listening to the shit you want to listen too Dave. 

Christmas Day will involve getting up for pressies, bacon butties and the usual tidying up of presents because my wife is arseache like that. Everything must be packed away once present opening is done.

However, this year for her will be a vast improvement on last year as she gets to see her dad at the nursing home. She didn't get to see him last year due to the lockdown that only affected plebs.

Christmas was always the above mentioned routine and off to her dad's to meet up with her family and have a social drink and three year old tubs of Celebrations. Wasn't one for extravagance her dad. It became more special one he'd been diagnosed with mixed dementia in 2017, but last year he had to go into full time care as his mobility went downhill.

While I always enjoy Christmas, this year, for me it'll be about my Mrs and making sure she gets to enjoy the time she gets with her dad on Crimbo day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9