You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas 2021

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Fucking hell a top three would be hard work.

It's needs a Tony thread - "Top ten things you miss about the UK when you're away".

- People speaking at a normal volume.

- Tea with fresh milk.

- Roasts.

- Fried Breakfast.

- Decent loafs of bread.

- Less detestable interactions with local government.

- Relatively low levels of glass and dog shit all over the pavements.

- Fewer "rules" regarding what and when you eat and drink.

- Valuing punctuality.

- The possibility of being punched in the face lowering the probability of people being a complete twat in public settings.

- Unarmed police 

Any time I see one of those Guardia Civil in Spain, they always look like it would take just one more insult to send them on a spree.

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

- Unarmed police 

Any time I see one of those Guardia Civil in Spain, they always look like it would take just one more insult to send them on a spree.

Yeah, they are massive cunts. Most of them think they're pretty much SAS rather than the fucking outdoor mall cops they really are.

I got stopped by a couple about two years ago. One them was okay, the other thought he was Poirot. 

On 02/12/2021 at 15:43, tokyojoe said:

Could well be on my own for this one, Christmas Day anyway. Her Indoors I believe will be going to her sisters where bint and possibly wanker will be in attendance. Far too toxic for me to go.

Fucking bliss.

Probably fish for me. My local is open until 5pm and you can just have a drink. The offy is always open as well.

I know what you mean Joe. I used to love Christmas, now I just dread it because I know how much family conflicts will hurt the old girl (and me, I must admit) at times like these even if she doesnt show it.

You bring your kids up to be caring sharing and thoughtful them someone else imprints their selfishness and it all goes tits up.

Hope everyone else has a happy Christmas because you never know when things could change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We’re doing a Christmas thing with a local kids charity. We get allocated a family and donate money and then buy them gifts and food hampers.  The charity then distribute it.

We were set a target of £80 for our teams family and we’ve got a lot more than that. I’m also trying to get a laptop and a couple of phones from IT. 

The lad in the family is a goal keeper so we are getting him some decent gloves. Had to keep very quiet on a call today when people were asking ‘ does anyone know how big a 12 yr olds hands are?’ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 19

7 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

We’re doing a Christmas thing with a local kids charity. We get allocated a family and donate money and then buy them gifts and food hampers.  The charity then distribute it.

We were set a target of £80 for our teams family and we’ve got a lot more than that. I’m also trying to get a laptop and a couple of phones from IT. 

The lad in the family is a goal keeper so we are getting him some decent gloves. Had to keep very quiet on a call today when people were asking ‘ does anyone know how big a 12 yr olds hands are?’ 

Kudos to you mate, I know you're not fishing for compliments but that's superb.

On 06/12/2021 at 10:23, Jairzinho said:

Fucking hell a top three would be hard work.

It's needs a Tony thread - "Top ten things you miss about the UK when you're away".

- People speaking at a normal volume.

- Tea with fresh milk.

- Roasts.

- Fried Breakfast.

- Decent loafs of bread.

- Less detestable interactions with local government.

- Relatively low levels of glass and dog shit all over the pavements.

- Fewer "rules" regarding what and when you eat and drink.

- Valuing punctuality.

- The possibility of being punched in the face lowering the probability of people being a complete twat in public settings.

- Hardly any divvies razzing around on scooters all day and all night. 

7 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

- Hardly any divvies razzing around on scooters all day and all night. 

Ha, yes. Or quads. 

People just put up with it though. It's a cowardice that usually is just an annoyance (not saying something when a teen won't give his seat up for a pensioner, or when a dog owner doesn't pick up their dog's shit, etc) but it extends to more serious situations like turning a blind eye to violence towards women. 

People take this lack of cowardice for granted in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

When the mrs says "lets not get each other presents this year" They don't fucking mean it.

You've been warned.

I’m very fortunate in that my wife genuinely doesn’t expect a lot. She’s very low-maintenance, isn’t into expensive shoes, handbags, etc. Which is just as well as I haven’t got a pot to piss in these days.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, A Red said:

When the mrs says "lets not get each other presents this year" They don't fucking mean it.

You've been warned.

We had a little talk about this a couple of weeks ago. It's been tough this year, so we've decided to concentrate on our kids and Grandkids.

I'm no fan of Christmas, not for myself anyway, but I love to see the excitement and happiness of the little ones, because that's what matters more than anything else.

Respect to Rico for what he is doing. Good stuff.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

We had a little talk about this a couple of weeks ago. It's been tough this year, so we've decided to concentrate on our kids and Grandkids.

I'm no fan of Christmas, not for myself anyway, but I love to see the excitement and happiness of the little ones, because that's what matters more than anything else.

Respect to Rico for what he is doing. Good stuff.

We have a rule with our nieces,nephews,etc (and there are a lot of them) and that is that once they reached 18 then its cards only and no money for birthdays and xmas. Now we have a grandaughter none of them will get any cash any more.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We have a rule with our nieces,nephews,etc (and there are a lot of them) and that is that once they reached 18 then its cards only and no money for birthdays and xmas. Now we have a grandaughter none of them will get any cash any more.

Yeah, there has to be a cut off point, it just gets ridiculous otherwise. 

My sister lives in America and she told me it cost her $400 in postage alone last year, so she's cutting back and I don't blame her.

Her fella is the youngest of 10 and the amount of people they were buying for you wouldn't believe. 

6 hours ago, A Red said:

You've been warned.

Maisie Adam did a decent gag on on Mock The Week this week.

Miming opening a present:-

"Awwh, Babe, we said we weren't going to get each other presents... AND THIS IS WHY!"