You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Nov 22-26 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday Nov 22:

So OGS has gone then. Goodnight sweet prince. The fun might not be over for us yet though as Michael Carrick has taken over and please God, let him get off to a flyer. Let him win his first 10 games and let’s have Rio campaigning for him to be given the job and let history repeat itself. I’m not sure even the people who run United are THAT stupid but I’d like to find out.

It’s times like this when you see just how utterly clueless the media are though. Initially most were telling us that Zidane was taking over. Then he said he wasn’t interested. Now they’re saying Pochettino is “desperate” for the job because his family are in London and he’s in Paris. Hmmm. It’s a hell of a quicker getting to London from Paris than it is getting a train (or driving) from Manchester so that’s clearly bollocks too.

If Poch ends up taking that job it’s because working with the PSG squad is a hell of a lot more unbearable than we think, because there’s just no way you’d make that move otherwise. Sure, United are one of the world’s biggest clubs, they’ve got some really top players in the squad and they aren’t short of transfer funds. But to be successful there you not only have to get that team in order, you somehow have to overhaul THREE great teams. Probably the three best club teams in the world in fact.

And all the while you’re having to deal with the expectation that Manchester United should be winning titles, which frankly is a load of bollocks. Pre-Ferguson they were a cup team that was never anywhere near the title. Post Ferguson it’s been the same. This is actually who Manchester United are and Alex Ferguson is the only one who broke that cycle. The Ferguson years are the outlier, not the norm. At least our period of success came under four different managers so we had more justification in thinking it was ‘normal’.

One thing has been really funny about all this is how the United players have been kissing Solskjaer’s arse and thanking him for everything he’s done for them. Even Maguire, the tit. While there’s no doubt the little goblin was out of his depth and United are probably the worst coached team in the league, does that excuse some of the gross incompetence we’ve seen from some of them players? 

Is it Solskjaer’s poor coaching that caused Maguire to get caught dribbling on the edge of his own box and then lunge in to get a second yellow and leave his team in the shite? They were well and truly in that game when he did that. They’d got back to 2-1 and had momentum, and then he does that and it’s game over. Others too. Like Fernandez, who’s been shite all season. And Pogba too. Pretty sure Fred was sincere in his thanks though as unless United appoint the Brazil coach as their next boss he’s not no chance of ever being picked regularly again.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Piccadilly to Euston - 2 hours 11 mins. 

Gare du Nord to St Pancreas (sic) - 2 hours 17 mins. 

Aaaaanyway. Such great news that Qatar have decided to comply with FIFA rules promoting tolerance and inclusion at World Cup matches by allowing rainbow flags. A first class flight ticket, bridal suite at Qatar's finest hotel and an Executive Box at all England World Cup matches for me and Mr rb14 please. And add a couple of your finest gay male masseurs? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rb14 said:

Piccadilly to Euston - 2 hours 11 mins. 

Gare du Nord to St Pancreas (sic) - 2 hours 17 mins. 

Aaaaanyway. Such great news that Qatar have decided to comply with FIFA rules promoting tolerance and inclusion at World Cup matches by allowing rainbow flags. A first class flight ticket, bridal suite at Qatar's finest hotel and an Executive Box at all England World Cup matches for me and Mr rb14 please. And add a couple of your finest gay male masseurs? 

Rog’ if you want to employ me as your personal masseur I’m available. I’ve been told by numerous people I’ve got magic fingers. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic