You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 1st December 2021 (8:15pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

The way they keep going on about Calvert-Lewin you’d think he’d died, has nobody else had ever been injured before?

Nobody that stylish. This is what you get when you leave Tom Davies out. Astounding arrogance.

That went quite well I thought.

Apart from a sloppy last 20 minutes in the first where we switched off after going 2-0 up (that's happened a few times this season and really needs to be addressed), we were well on top. We started like a house on fire and could have been 2 or 3 up in the first 10 minutes alone. Everton's only response was to dive to win free kicks. Apart from Gordon's dive in the second half that got Robbo booked, the ref and linesmen got those decisions right.

Some really excellent goals from us. Hendo's opener was well worked. Mo's first was absolute class. His second was just pure opportunism followed by supreme composure. Jota's was an absolute howitzer after a brilliant turn to get away from Allan.

Hendo was majestic in this game. Not just the goal but the sheer dynamism in his play. It's such a far cry from the pre-Klopp version who would rather give the ball back to a teammate in trouble than turn on it and get us on the front foot.

I don't think their manager deserves the shit that's heading his way, but he knew what he was getting into when he took that job, and secondly his set-up and tactcs contributed to his team getting carved open repeatedly. He would probably want to go all Moyes and keep things tight in the hope of nicking something, but maybe it played on his mind that he'd so openly railed against that approach when he was in the opposite dugout.

The blooshite fans pissed off ridiculously early, some of them giving it the old wall-pushing gesture on their way out. One dickhead could have waited a couple of minutes longer then filtered out under his own steam instead of getting Uncle Phil'd by the stewards. Plenty of boos as usual, even during the minute's applauses for Ray Kennedy, Cliff Marshall and young Ava White. You stay classy you fucking scruffs.

EDIT:

The picture quality and stream on my laptop was perfect throughout. The best I've had when streaming anything, legit or otherwise.

• Upvote 2

As strong a starting 11 as we can hope for really and it shows how good we are when they're together, I felt like there were multiple gears we could have gone to. 

We're going to see something pretty special this season if we can avoid getting any major injuries.