You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 1st December 2021 (8:15pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If only we could remember the name of the substitute whose shot hit the post for Mané to get the rebound and have us all singing "Merry Christmas, Everton".

Loved Sturridge when he first signed until injuries ruined him both physically and mentally. Towards the end, he looked scared to even break into a sprint.

13 hours ago, an tha said:

I want to see us tear into these with mad intent....kind of intensity and desire and tempo that blows them away....hands them a proper fucking lesson.

It still narks me greatly how we meekly lay down for them at Anfield last season - just timidly surrendering a 20 ish year unbeaten home derby record and a 10 ish year unbeaten in all derbies record.....especially after what happened at the pit.

It was disgraceful how we showed zero fight, no desire for revenge/to right the wrongs of that day and how we just rolled over for them.

Wednesday has to be payback time....big fucking time.

This. Although the team at that time was shell-shocked. We're in a better place now and hopefully we'll see that reaction on Wednesday. 

I’m really looking forward to Dunc’s second stint. It’s great he had that first one, to get them all buying into the idea.

It’s going to be the final hope being extinguished, then watching the mental gymnastics as they try to get up for whatever follows him. 

Rafa’s enormous pay-off ain’t going to make it any easier to replenish that dreadful fucking squad, either.

I FEAR FOR THEM. I REALLY DO.

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Without Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin, they're a Championship team. What's the status of those two?

Richarlison served a one game ban yesterday for 5 yellow cards. A lot of them were for diving and whingeing at the referee but they don't like to mention any of that because it's not Salah.

CL is injured until January. 

18 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, a lot of their half chances have come from crosses out wide. Could be a danger area for us if TAA or Robertson get caught out of position when pushing on. 

That's assuming that Digne actually tries doing any attacking this time. He generally doesn't against us, because he's scared that Trent will punish him.

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

For me as well need experience against these.

Konate is still adjusting, you can see the ability is there but he has those moments in a game that remind you that he's only 22. A few more seasons under his belt and he's going to be one of the best centre-backs on the planet, the lad has everything you'd want, other than that experience.

If Matip was unavailable for whatever reason then I'd certainly have no problem with Konate playing, but all things being equal, it's Matip for me on Wednesday.