You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 1st December 2021 (8:15pm)

Trumo

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't he buy most of those players?

And he didnt play couch in 2007 if memory serves.

No, he didn't buy most of those. 

Also, not like it was a choice between Zenden on a free or signing David Villa for him was it?

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's a professional jobbing manager now, who'll say whatever is necessary to survive. Can't really hold that against him.

I just wish he'd knock it all on the head and walk away with some dignity. Would be preferable if one of our immortalised European Cup winning managers didn't sully himself with ever more desperate jobs. He's minted, and he'd have to be a masochist to be enjoying his last couple of appointments. 

Just get them relegated and retire.

And wait for the statue!

• Upvote 1

In the first 10 minutes last night there must have been 20 kids (under 10) seen on the screen giving the wanker or V sign to a player just taking a throw in or corner. I know my kids know what the middle finger means but I'd be shocked if they know the wanker signal. These lads had it down to a tee, such hatred for children so young. Tribalism aside it's shocking parenting and disgrace for the people's club. If the hate is that real just give up on the game.

• Upvote 1

Can't be doing with all this disrespect for Rafa, who gave me and many people the greatest sporting moment of our lives. 

The club wasn't like it was now, it wasn't (relatively) well run and financed, it was a shitshow behind the scenes, and he never bought form the top table, he spotted players who went on to be some of our best ever servants.

And why should he retire or not take any job he chooses? He owes us nothing. He's no Mourinho, someone who just goes from Job to job looking for his next payout, he just fucking loves football, you only have to hear him talk.

• Upvote 12

20 hours ago, No2 said:

In the first 10 minutes last night there must have been 20 kids (under 10) seen on the screen giving the wanker or V sign to a player just taking a throw in or corner. I know my kids know what the middle finger means but I'd be shocked if they know the wanker signal. These lads had it down to a tee, such hatred for children so young. Tribalism aside it's shocking parenting and disgrace for the people's club. If the hate is that real just give up on the game.

For some reason, that read like a letter in viz as I was going through it. Only realised it wasn’t at the end

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Can't be doing with all this disrespect for Rafa, who gave me and many people the greatest sporting moment of our lives. 

The club wasn't like it was now, it wasn't (relatively) well run and financed, it was a shitshow behind the scenes, and he never bought form the top table, he spotted players who went on to be some of our best ever servants.

And why should he retire or not take any job he chooses? He owes us nothing. He's no Mourinho, someone who just goes from Job to job looking for his next payout, he just fucking loves football, you only have to hear him talk.

I don’t think most or even many wish him ill. I certainly don’t.

Some great times were had, some great signings, sometimes good, sometime poor signings too. He was a great ambassador and advocate for the city, with the families and for Hillsborough campaign (in what he could do)

At the time he was moved on I think most would agree, transfer shenanigans aside, that he was moved on too early.

That was a decade ago. The idea we would want him back or should want him back is fanciful.

He’s a cold blooded professional, he owes us nothing and is entitled to earn a living. 

I want him to fail at Everton and anywhere he goes, cos I can’t stand Everton and I don’t support or like any other club, there’s a few I feel less malevolent, about some even neutralish, but like he owes us nothing and visa versa.

It’s the fawning I can’t be arsed with. 

Thanks Rafa, we can reminisce about the old days and have a good old time. We all love that, but the club moves forward and he’s not the future of it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RJ Fan club said:

I don’t think most or even many wish him ill. I certainly don’t.

Some great times were had, some great signings, sometimes good, sometime poor signings too. He was a great ambassador and advocate for the city, with the families and for Hillsborough campaign (in what he could do)

At the time he was moved on I think most would agree, transfer shenanigans aside, that he was moved on too early.

That was a decade ago. The idea we would want him back or should want him back is fanciful.

He’s a cold blooded professional, he owes us nothing and is entitled to earn a living. 

I want him to fail at Everton and anywhere he goes, cos I can’t stand Everton and I don’t support or like any other club, there’s a few I feel less malevolent, about some even neutralish, but like he owes us nothing and visa versa.

It’s the fawning I can’t be arsed with. 

Thanks Rafa, we can reminisce about the old days and have a good old time. We all love that, but the club moves forward and he’s not the future of it. 

Rafa to me is like a Houllier or a Wenger, he just loves the game. I bet if you went to his house he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. I love that. 

I love Klopp but Houllier and Rafa will always be special to me because in my eyes they were the guys who, between them, started to turn it around, instilling discipline and buying quality players. Both men too, Houllier especially, came into a game that was incredibly hostile to foreign managers too. 

As people, they just both seem like top blokes who adopted the city and loved it. Real football men who have always had and will always have my love and respect.

• Upvote 3