You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 1st December 2021 (8:15pm)

Trumo

I'll always love Rafa (managers who win European Cups win my affections and that) but I don't feel any sympathy for him. Sympathy is reserved for when something unfortunate happens that was unforeseen, out of your control. He's seen those bitter cunts up close and personal, he knew what he was letting himself in for, so he either doesn't care or he's prepared to accept it in return for a chance to manage for a good wage. Either way, I don't think anyone didn't see this coming.

Love that last night - trying to think of which goal I loved more which is a nice position to be in:

• Henderson's - a lovely team move and a neat touch that it felt like an identical finish to his disallowed winner at the pit last year.
  • Salah's first - the fact our CF won the ball, the lay off from Thiago to Henderson who knew it was coming and shaped himself to angle in a perfectly weighted and curled first time ball to Salah. Love that finish as well, part chip, part curler.
  • Salah's second - love scoring off opponent corners. They've worked up a frenzy from the free kick (which was a dive) and the resulting corner, then BAM. They can't match our intensity and the scuffed finish inches away from the T-Rex arms is just *Chefs Kiss*
  • Jota's - nice pass inside, lovely touch bamboozling that cheating cunt (who had two yellow card challenges 8 minutes apart but one was let off because of a massive long advantage) who thought he'd lay it back and then BANG. Pick that out.

Bloody enjoyable. Only downside was the other two winning as well - Chelsea in particular are irritatingly efficient, but fuck it. Lovely way to rub their faces in it after the fucking crimes of last year.

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

First time in post match interview: "It’s always bad to lose, but when you lose against a side who have spent so much money and have so many quality players, then you should not lose because you have made mistakes.”

When it was pointed out Everton have spent a lot of money too - more than Liverpool, he said pointedly:

“That’s something we can improve.” [Except that it isn't - check your own club's FFP rating!]

Second time at the post match press conference: "We lost against a top side. We have all seen how much money Liverpool has been spending".

Pathetic stuff from him. 

Fucking hell 

Didnt take him long did it?

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Fucking hell 

Didnt take him long did it?

Didn’t take him long to do what? Moan about the opposition spending more money than he’s had to spend? Who cares?! It’s football manager talk, isn’t it? An attempt to deflect from his failings and take the heat off him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I've only ever seen him playing against us, but Richarlison is absolutely shite.

He does fuck all other than dive or run around looking like a cunt and his goalscoring record is average at best. 

He's got this particularly irritating habit, if he sees an opponent get hacked over, of running over to them and shoving them in the chest once they've finally got up again. The more blatant the foul against them, the more furiously Big Nose rushes in to give them a censorious shove. And the ref usually stands about two feet away watching him indulgently. 

Wasn't able to watch it live yesterday because of school, but caught most of it last night. Really enjoyed that.

All four goals were pretty special, but Jota's reminded me of one I scored in my over 50's league a few years ago. His goal obviously gets more attention because millions were watching, and the calibre of the opposition was a bit better.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Is that a sneaky Red grinning on the right of that picture?

Braver man than me if so

Last Goodison derby I went to was in 2004. I was sat in the family enclosure with my dad and his partner (both aged about 65) who had red scarves on.  Two kids kept on screaming in my ear calling us various names. Doesn’t sound intimidating except they were surrounded by a lot of grizzly old drunk men so I couldn’t really respond. On the way out some big fella slapped me hard on the back then pretended it was friendly and shouted ‘Unlucky lad!’ He and his mates started laughing whilst singing ‘we’re looking down on the RS’. In the car park a sort of ape man hybrid started screaming ‘ya koppite dogs’ at us. When I barked he actually went to punch me but his mate pulled him away at the last second.

I’d like to dedicate yesterdays victory to all those named above.

• Upvote 2

Love Rafa but in my opinion some of his job choices have much to be desired but that's his life, his choices. His "when you play against a team that has spent so much money" is pure bullshit though and undermines what this club has done compared to those its trying to compete against for titles. Love him wish he'd retire in the sun somewhere and enjoy a stress free life and honestly I think the game has moved on from his bread and butter football. Lots of people I like say bullshit things, we all do.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Love Rafa but in my opinion some of his job choices have much to be desired but that's his life, his choices. His "when you play against a team that has spent so much money" is pure bullshit though and undermines what this club has done compared to those its trying to compete against for titles. Love him wish he'd retire in the sun somewhere and enjoy a stress free life and honestly I think the game has moved on from his bread and butter football. Lots of people I like say bullshit things, we all do.

Some people have built a myth around rafa that is pure fantasy.

He's a professional jobbing manager now, who'll say whatever is necessary to survive. Can't really hold that against him.

I just wish he'd knock it all on the head and walk away with some dignity. Would be preferable if one of our immortalised European Cup winning managers didn't sully himself with ever more desperate jobs. He's minted, and he'd have to be a masochist to be enjoying his last couple of appointments. 

Just get them relegated and retire.

• Upvote 1

I dont get why people think others should just ride off into the sunset and retire, just because they dont like their career choices.

These people are professionals. They believe they can do a job in a sport they love so long as they're breathing.

Yes, it's disappointing he's come out with that spending comment but he's probably clutching at straws with a microphone stuffed under his nose. He knows in the scale of things Liverpool have spent nothing like many other English clubs, including the one he currently manages.

Do I feel sorry for him? Do you feel sorry for a friend who makes a couple of wrong decisions or do you just go fuck it? Getting beat is a consequence of football. I dont feel sorry for him for that.

I feel sorry he's being vilified by a bunch of bad teds who cant see why their team, club and support is rotten to the core and won fuck all since 1995 and instead point the finger of blame at a lovely man who's trying his best in shit circumstances.

But that's just the way I see it. Each to their own.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Love Rafa but in my opinion some of his job choices have much to be desired 

Yeah, he gave us some great days but the job choices over the last decade have been generally awful. For various reasons, the Inter, Chelsea, Real and Everton jobs were unwinnable situations from day one.