You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 1st December 2021 (8:15pm)

Trumo

21 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure why anyone has sympathy for Rafa. He knew exactly what he was walking into, same as he did with Chelsea. He just doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks. He will be happy getting the boot and a nice payoff. He got a three year  10ml a year deal out of them.  He will get at least half of that from them for probably 6-8 months work

I'll always like and respect Rafa immensely for what he achieved with us, but the fact is this - he's been a poor manager for the last 15 years.

He's a wealthy man and a decent man, he should walk away now with his head up. Taking one job after another at ever poorer clubs, just tarnishes his reputation imo.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'll always like and respect Rafa immensely for what he achieved with us, but the fact is this - he's been a poor manager for the last 15 years.

He's a wealthy man and a decent man, he should walk away now with his head up. Taking one job after another at ever poorer clubs, just tarnishes his reputation imo.

15 years might be pushing it!  Thought we were quite good in the 2006-9 period.

But yeah, he's not been great at any of his other stops - couple of cups in Italy I think with Inter and Napoli and the Europa with Chelsea, but he's basically been sacked or mutual consented after barely any time at all the clubs he's been at after us.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Im 38

I know exactly what he did for us, it's not that. Since leaving us(amd I didn't want him gone at the time) he has been pretty mediocre at best. Has taken some terrible jobs loaded against him at the start and he knew he wouldn't get backing or accepted by fans. 

He was always on a lower taking over from Mourinho at Inter, they had badly overspent to get Mourinho that treble with a old squad, he was never going to achieve much. 

He took over a Chelsea side that neither the players or fans wanted him. Same with Everton. I've got all the respect in the world for the changes he made at Liverpool but its hard to have sympathy for a man that took over Everton after spending a good few years knowing how bitter they are, he could have had them in a race for a Europa spot and a decent league cup run and there's still some that would have wanted him out

I fucking love Rafa. If clubs come in offering me insane millions,I’m having it, As you say say, he’s been pretty mediocre since. Even more reason to take in the cash. You’re coming across as a bit of a prick

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Rafa actually had the gall to repeat in the press conference his idiotic 'They've spent so much money' moan. All he's doing is showing how little attention he paid to what Everton were doing before he turned up.  Daft twat.

Can't be arsed hating on Rafa for that press conference remark. He was just trying to draw attention to the fact he's had £1.7m to spend. This is a man who donated 96k to the Hillsborough family support group when he left the club. Who sat in tears during the memorial service when his name was mentioned. A bonafide club legend as far as I'm concerned, and not someone we should be throwing digs at. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 20

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

Can't be arsed hating on Rafa for that press conference remark. He was just trying to draw attention to the fact he's had £1.7m to spend. This is a man who donated 96k to the Hillsborough family support group when he left the club. Who sat in tears during the memorial service when his name was mentioned. A bonafide club legend as far as I'm concerned, and not someone we should be throwing digs at. 

This. I’m not arsed what he does or doesn’t do at Everton. I’m only arsed what he did for us and what he’s done for charity in the city. Everton are just a job.

35 minutes ago, Boss said:

This.

Love Rafa, always will. For what he did for us as our manager and what he did and does for this city. He's a good man. I get why he took the Everton job although it was doomed from the start if we are being honest. 

I don't have a problem with what he said in the interview, like Boss said he is just highlighting the fact he's had fuck all to spend. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Cant believe we conceded. 

That was my initial thought, but then after a period of contemplation realised there would have been a period when they all probably believed they were going to turn it around and beat us thus making the win even sweeter.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Not sure why anyone has sympathy for Rafa. He knew exactly what he was walking into, same as he did with Chelsea. He just doesn't give a shit about what anyone thinks. He will be happy getting the boot and a nice payoff. He got a three year  10ml a year deal out of them.  He will get at least half of that from them for probably 6-8 months work

I have no idea why anyone would give him even the slightest thought.

He’s where he deserve to be, at a shite club with his shite tactics. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Boss said:

+1

10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Great result.

A Ray Kennedy-style finish v Wolves from the ex-Wolves player Jota. Very fitting.

Nice to see the postmatch interviewer refuse to let Rafa get away with that whiny 'they've spent so much money' excuse. 

Yes! This was the goal it reminded me of (2 mins, 50 secs in)

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

He won the Europa league in 2013 and the Italian Cup in 2014.