rb14

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Ace. Never managed a top team. Never won anything of any note.

Invented the gegenpress though. Cronnie will love that.

Schalke and Stuttgart fans will love reading this.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Elite said:

Quite an exquisite dresser as well. Fergie will need to up the security on his stables though.

Raplh.PNG.png

Ronaldo about to be taken out by an unexplained fire. 

• Upvote 1

Similarities with Bielsa here. Held up as an inspiration by other Coaches who actually go on to win things, but do very little themselves in terms of putting the pots on the mantelpiece. 

I don't know much about him but I'm sure he'll be much better than Ole. Nobody, least of all a German could ever be as bad as the clown they've just fired. Could turn out to be a decent interim appointment.

• Upvote 1

Interesting sentence from his wikipedia page

On 22 September 2011, Rangnick stepped down as Schalke's coach due to exhaustion syndrome, stating he did not have "the necessary energy to be successful and to develop the team and the club".[87][88] He finished with a record of ten wins, three draws and ten losses.[65]

He's the 'Godfather of Genepressing' and influenced Klopp and Tuchel, that's the latest United spin.

Won't be long before they're claiming ours and Chelsea's European Cup.

Gonna be honest, I didn't want them to go German. I don't think this fella will be the clown the last few have been. 

• Upvote 1

Very few options would take on a six-month contract and reckon he is as good as it gets in those circumstances ( Bruce was being pushed at one point !!! )

Imagine his brief will be fairly simple , to actually use tactics , get their better players showing a bit more ability , and get 4th place. 

1 hour ago, Em City said:

He's the 'Godfather of Genepressing' and influenced Klopp and Tuchel, that's the latest United spin.

Won't be long before they're claiming ours and Chelsea's European Cup.

I bet the other 4 families are shitting themselves.

• Upvote 1

Poch's style of play (at Spurs, anyway) is quite compatible with the Rangnick / Red Bull blueprint. I don't think you can judge him by what he's done at PSG given he has to field two forwards every game who do as little as possible out of possession.

Prick sounds like the German Hodgson. Bummed around for 30-odd years until some pseuds decided he's some kind of godfather and should get a job at a big club.

Hope he has the same effect on them, as they continue to mirror our model for post-dominace ineptitude and overreaching. 

I think it's a decent appointment for them really. Rangnick's had a huge influence as a DoF, and he's been brought in to get them playing modern European football, and stamp some kind of style onto the squad, to give the next guy a chance.

Obviously players like Ronaldo and Pogba are not going to be very compatible with this style of play, so they won't be as good as the likes of us, City or Chelsea any time soon.

If they want someone who can put together a case for getting rid of Pogba and Ronaldo in the summer, with an actual plan of what to do instead, then Rangnick is certainly capable of that. Whether or not they listen to him is going to be the big test.