rb14

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

Just now, Ron B said:

Leicester have dipped somewhat, but it’s not really fair to expect them to outpunch even this terrible United side; the difference in financial terms is bonkers. Leicester’s five best-paid players barely get paid as much as Ronaldo between them. I know it’s fashionable to slate Rodgers, but just look at the numbers and it’s embarrassing that the two sides are even talked about in the same breath. 

I’m looking at the squad of players he has, not their salaries. They should be challenging for top four. I’m not really sure that Manchester United vastly overpaying bad footballers excuses other teams from fulfilling their potential. 

On 03/05/2022 at 13:09, JustTosh said:

Apparently Ronaldo played his best match for them yesterday. As a result he’s claimed he’s not finished and will contribute next season. Wonderful news.

Realistically it would take them 2-3 seasons to rebuild and possibly fight their way back. Now Ten Hag has a difficult choice. He can rely on Ronaldo next season, short term that’s probably better, but it will disrupt the rebuilding process. Alternatively he could try to squeeze him out, facing outrage from the ”fans”.

Catch 22 really, isn’t it?

Someone’s having a real laugh, they got Ten but need a new eleven.

Hasn't he scored something like 27 goals this season?

On 02/05/2022 at 22:59, Code said:

Well they finished second and reached the Europa League final on penalties last season. 

When he was sacked compared to now.

4B578CB9-B5D4-4AC9-AC73-2F840B95E95B.jpeg

2185C107-2380-4D1A-B4DF-9240B3A6702B.jpeg

There was a hell of a lot of mitigating factors there 

Us and Chelsea being out of contention for a start.

And didn't mourhino get them 2nd aswell as winning a cup?

57 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’m looking at the squad of players he has, not their salaries. They should be challenging for top four. I’m not really sure that Manchester United vastly overpaying bad footballers excuses other teams from fulfilling their potential. 

But the counterpoint to that is that you seem to be saying Rodgers has put together a squad that is as good as United’s despite their wildly outspending him?

Again, just look at the numbers and it’s embarrassing that the two sides are even talked about in the same breath. 

I was talking to my mate about Ten Hag last night. 

Think about why we went for Klopp. Obviously he was successful at Dortmund but also challenging a club with a significantly bigger budget. 

While Ajax will always have their best players picked off by the bigger European sides, they also have the ability to pick players off other players in the Dutch league. In the market, he’s had significantly easier than he’s about to experience.

Also, he’s going to find going away to Fulham or Brentford or Bournemouth (or whoever) is going to be significantly more difficult than Go Ahead Eagles or NEC.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was talking to my mate about Ten Hag last night. 

Frank DeBoer had equal, if not more, success at Ajax and couldn't hold another job for 6 months after he left.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Frank DeBoer had equal, if not more, success at Ajax and couldn't hold another job for 6 months after he left.

I’m full onboard Ten Hag having the same impact at the mancs as De Boer did at Palace. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Anyone going to start the Someone's having a laugh thread for Ten Haag?

I think we need Wreck It Ralfs tenure to officially finish first, hopefully with a little more hilarity to ensue, conference league anyone?

On 02/05/2022 at 19:03, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I want a strong United team, and a strong Tottenham and Arsenal.  City need better competition to take the odd point off them.  

I mean, as it stands,  we've won 13 out of the last 14 games, didn't concede in 11 of them, and have the league's top scorer and a keeper with 20 clean sheets...and yet we're odds on to lose the league. 

I've had my fun gloating about United, now I need them to not be a 6 point vending machine for City. 

Fuck that.

There are plenty other clubs who could step up a bit. My preference for those cunts is that they go out of business.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I think they'll struggle to attract "names"  for a while so may well be shopping in the bargain basement for a bit.  Be interested to see how the fanbase copes with that issue. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If you pay them, they will come 

Pretty much. Really need them to get EL / EC to keep the games coming thick and fast and not let ETH the time he would want to implement his style.

14 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Pretty much. Really need them to get EL / EC to keep the games coming thick and fast and not let ETH the time he would want to implement his style.

Not EL, EC please. Then they go on and win the European Papa John Trophy and can brag about having a trophy we don't have in our cabinet. I'm a soft and kind guy who think they deserve that after all the misery these last 10 years.

19 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

That Cunt has a shirt in his profile pic that says Fuhrer and the number 88. That stands for Heil Hitler (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). Fuck that guy.

9 minutes ago, RedSand said:

That Cunt has a shirt in his profile pic that says Fuhrer and the number 88. That stands for Heil Hitler (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet). Fuck that guy.

His name is Toby so his problems go deeper than that.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, RedSand said:

There's a reason I never got on board the Buffon love in...

ENiulFkXUAUztm5?format=jpg&name=medium