You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Disagree.

If Guardiola had been the given the money that the incumbents after Moyes were, United would be a million times better than they are. He's not easy to like but pretending he isn't an elite level manager is silly

That is not the same as being a personality that can build an entire structure from top down. He has never done that and I would say his weaknesses as a man would prevent him from doing so. 

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Still blows my mind how soljaskaar escapes any whiff of criticism. 

He spent nearly half a billion and was an Unmitigated disaster and you never hear a word said about him.

I think most people realised that a guy who failed at Cardiff was highly unlikely to eclipse the likes of Klopp, Guardiola et al. It was like a real like version of 'Being There '

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is not the same as being a personality that can build an entire structure from top down. He has never done that and I would say his weaknesses as a man would prevent him from doing so. 

He would be going in there to manage the team in the main. As long as they got him the players he asked for ( and finances have not been an issue ) he would be a success. Its amazing how little structures and the hierarchy are discussed when you are winning.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep, City were laying the groundwork for Pep's arrival for years before he eventually got their, Txiki Begiristain was one of the first appointments in that process 3 or 4 years before he eventually arrived.

It's going to be the main question about Ten Haag, he's currently the first team coach in a solid Ajax structure (Overmars issue aside) that know's what it is and what it needs to do, how he adapts to the Utd shit show will be crucial.

13 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He spent nearly half a billion and was an Unmitigated disaster and you never hear a word said about him.

That's criticism enough in a way. They set the bar for criticism too high for him.

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

He would be going in there to manage the team in the main. As long as they got him the players he asked for ( and finances have not been an issue ) he would be a success. Its amazing how little structures and the hierarchy are discussed when you are winning.

Agreed. He was the one man )along with Klopp) I was praying that United wouldn't go for when Ferguson stepped down.

36 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yep, City were laying the groundwork for Pep's arrival for years before he eventually got their, Txiki Begiristain was one of the first appointments in that process 3 or 4 years before he eventually arrived.

It's going to be the main question about Ten Haag, he's currently the first team coach in a solid Ajax structure (Overmars issue aside) that know's what it is and what it needs to do, how he adapts to the Utd shit show will be crucial.

They should have got Overmars before Antwerp snapped him up. 

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ralf channeling his inner Woy. This will go down like a cup of cold sick with the Norwich scarf wearing cuntrags.

IMG_20220420_155621.jpg

He went well beyond that, described us as having 25 ferrari's in the squad, including 4 established players that didn't even make the squad. He didn't describe his players as Lada's but he was thinking it.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

They're like us with the Owl, trying to forget he was ever at the club, the only difference being we never wanted Roy in the first place whilst they were all in on embracing OGS of the back of a couple of positive results, out came the songs, memories of '99, slapping contracts down etc,  and when I say "they" I mean the fans, the ex-players and the media.

My next door neighbour is a Quantity Surveyor and whilst a friendly chap is also the most boring person in the world. For that reason I tend to steer clear but when he came round today, being his usual tedious, boring but friendly self, he told me he is a united fan. After 1/2 an hour of mind numbing drivel on the subject he told me that he wished Ole had stayed. I took the noose off my neck, stepped down from the chair and pissed myself laughing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

My next door neighbour is a Quantity Surveyor and whilst a friendly chap is also the most boring person in the world. For that reason I tend to steer clear but when he came round today, being his usual tedious, boring but friendly self, he told me he is a united fan. After 1/2 an hour of mind numbing drivel on the subject he told me that he wished Ole had stayed. I took the noose off my neck, stepped down from the chair and pissed myself laughing.

Heard a few of them on phone ins saying they thought he was treated harshly. 

Fully agree.

Should have been given another half a billion to blow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

They're like us with the Owl, trying to forget he was ever at the club, the only difference being we never wanted Roy in the first place whilst they were all in on embracing OGS of the back of a couple of positive results, out came the songs, memories of '99, slapping contracts down etc,  and when I say "they" I mean the fans, the ex-players and the media.

He wasn't accepted from day 1 here though was he?

They were fully behind him all the way as was just about every pundit going

I can still recall dion Dublin saying just begite we walloped then,that he will still turn it around.

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He wasn't accepted from day 1 here though was he?

They were fully behind him all the way as was just about every pundit going

I can still recall dion Dublin saying just begite we walloped then,that he will still turn it around.

They did find themselves under a hammering at home. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Neville said that United will be back someday because "the world is round" - as if United winning the league is just the natural order of things. It isn't. In their entire history, they've won leagues under two great managers and the rest is silence.

20 league titles. 13 won by Ferguson and 5 won by Busby. Those two figures represent their entire history. Until they recognise that reality, they aren't coming back. And they aren't recognising reality any time soon.

And Gary Neville is a dildo.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Neville said that United will be back someday because "the world is round" - as if United winning the league is just the natural order of things. It isn't. In their entire history, they've won leagues under two great managers and the rest is silence.

20 years of success in the past 54 years. For the other 34 years they are somewhere between Spurs and Arsenal 

4 hours ago, A Red said:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Em City said:

20 league titles. 13 won by Ferguson and 5 won by Busby. Those two figures represent their entire history. Until they recognise that reality, they aren't coming back. And they aren't recognising reality any time soon.

And Gary Neville is a dildo.

Plus Busby learnt everything he knew when captaining Liverpool