You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a laugh - they Rang Nick and got Ralf

rb14

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Some epic cunts on that video 

Shout abuse at a player and go whinging about it on twitter. 

That's modern football life for you though & a reason I hate 'social' media. It's pretty much a cesspool. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Have always liked Wright.

Wright and Fowler on the same pitch in the 90s, in any context, was as good as it gets.

I have never been able to abide Wright. Whinges endlessly about never being given a chance for England, when he was repeatedly given a chance and rarely took it (9 goals in 33 caps sounds decent, but take away one match against San Marino and another vs Moldova then it becomes 3 goals in 31). His autobiography, which I read when at a loose end, is bad and self-justifying even by the usual standards of a footballer’s biog, and in the space of five minutes I’d spotted half a dozen untruths including a story where he was slating Steve McMahon for not being friendly enough on international duty. And as a pundit he’s just dire - Micah Richards in silly glasses. Also, please can we have a new rule where if he’s presenting a new game show he gets one chance to summarise how the game works in 30 seconds - if all he can manage is incomprehensible nonsense then the show is immediately cancelled forever. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ron B said:

I have never been able to abide Wright. Whinges endlessly about never being given a chance for England, when he was repeatedly given a chance and rarely took it (9 goals in 33 caps sounds decent, but take away one match against San Marino and another vs Moldova then it becomes 3 goals in 31). His autobiography, which I read when at a loose end, is bad and self-justifying even by the usual standards of a footballer’s biog, and in the space of five minutes I’d spotted half a dozen untruths including a story where he was slating Steve McMahon for not being friendly enough on international duty. And as a pundit he’s just dire - Micah Richards in silly glasses. Also, please can we have a new rule where if he’s presenting a new game show he gets one chance to summarise how the game works in 30 seconds - if all he can manage is incomprehensible nonsense then the show is immediately cancelled forever. 

I'm sure you're high in his estimations too.

Also, try using paragraphs next time, and sort your grammar out.

That was eye aids.

1 hour ago, m0e said:

I'm sure you're high in his estimations too.

Also, try using paragraphs next time, and sort your grammar out.

That was eye aids.

Yes, you’re quite right. None of us peons should ever criticise former footballers or TV presenters. How dare we deign to do so. 

Or if that was also too lengthy for your room temperature IQ, try this: Piss off. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Yes, you’re quite right. None of us peons should ever criticise former footballers or TV presenters. How dare we deign to do so. 

Or if that was also too lengthy for your room temperature IQ, try this: Piss off. 

You can do whatever you want, soft lad.

But I'll call you out on the bollocks you spout.

And that was a serious pile of bullshit.

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

I think Wright is a shit pundit and a shit presenter, but I heard him talking about his early life and how he got into football while doing ordinary jobs so I respect him for the way he took his chance and the humility he shows when speaking about it. When he's talking about the game and his career in an informal setting like one of those cosy morning shows on sky sports he's pretty sound too. 

40 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Rashford gets 200k a week for the pleasure of some blert calling him a cunt.

I reckon he'll get over it.

I’m a bit uncomfortable with this reasoning GD. This implies people who have lots of money are fair game and should just be expected to cop it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

I’m a bit uncomfortable with this reasoning GD. This implies people who have lots of money are fair game and should just be expected to cop it. 

That's about the size of it, mucker. 

Obviously leave wives and kids out of it, and racism etc are unacceptable. But if a sports person who was massively well paid on myself and my fellow supporters hard earned cash wasn't putting in what I believed to be a level of effort commensurate with said remuneration, I would feel comfortable letting them know about it.

If you hate Ian Wright (as a Liverpool fan) then there's genuinely something wrong with you. He's always been ultra respectful about us, seems to pay it forward and give props to everybody that helped him along the way, and he's just generally a sound bloke. 

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Wright is a shit pundit and a shit presenter, but I heard him talking about his early life and how he got into football while doing ordinary jobs so I respect him for the way he took his chance and the humility he shows when speaking about it. When he's talking about the game and his career in an informal setting like one of those cosy morning shows on sky sports he's pretty sound too. 

There was a great piece with Wright before one of the fa cup matches and he knew one of the players playing for one of these lower league giant killing possibilities. It turns out he does loads of work with people who've been released from prison and he tries to help them get their life back in track. I think Wright seems a really sound fella, I like him. He's not the best pundit, but he's massively passionate and is never a prick about us like many of them are. Someone compared him to Micah Richards earlier like it was a bad thing. He seems sound too and doesn't take himself too seriously. 

• Upvote 1